PDA

View Full Version : What happened because EoFF?

Cid
12-06-2004, 04:25 AM
There have been similar threads in the past, but I want to do it again for the 5 year thingy.

So, what happened because of EoFF? I'm talking in REAL life. Who got married/pregnant/beat up/etc?

FightClubFan#47
12-06-2004, 04:28 AM
I get molested EVERY time I use E,O, and F in the same sentence:(

DAMN YOU EOFF!! DAMN YOU!!

eestlinc
12-06-2004, 04:31 AM
I get these huge postcards in the mail every so often.

krissy
12-06-2004, 04:32 AM
i have improved self-esteem

escobert
12-06-2004, 04:36 AM
I get my pillows stollen from PG all the time now :( and he kicks me. and tried to get my pregnant.

theundeadhero
12-06-2004, 04:40 AM
My friends think I'm a bigger geek than ever for frequenting an online forum. I'm so cool.

m4tt
12-06-2004, 04:41 AM
I made my first big trip by myself (to florida).
My self esteem has improved.
I've made a bunch of friends.

RSL
12-06-2004, 04:43 AM
Nothing for me, really. EoFF and real life have always been very different entities for me.

CloudSquallandZidane
12-06-2004, 04:46 AM
I havent killed anyone else.
I got a few girlfriends(*all terminated*).
Ive learned plenty.

And above all else ive gained piece of mind! Which piece i dont know yet...

Samuraid
12-06-2004, 04:47 AM
A few things:

1. I now have a great forum to have fun on and converse with others...

2. And an excellent resource for FF games...

3. And a site that finally gives my long PHP coding stints (at obscene hours of the morning) a purpose. ;)

DMKA
12-06-2004, 04:49 AM
I didn't get any work done for this whole week that's due next week and am continuing to not get it done.

Logan
12-06-2004, 05:15 AM
I received a birthday package from Giggles, including an old towel and candy. (Don't tell her I opened it before tomorrow!)

Del Murder
12-06-2004, 05:22 AM
I talked to some cool people and had an emotional experience. Might not seem like much, but those types of things don't happen very often with me. I also got into fantasy sports, which now controls my life, when I'm not trying to keep the gaming boards clean that is. I like being a moderator here because it allows me to give back to a place that has given me so much. [/sappy]

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 05:34 AM
I realized that Sephiroth and Cloud have WAY too many fangirls and fanboys, and Kefka is lacking in that department. Thus, I shall organize an underground revolution and TAKE OVER THE BOARDS err... I mean... discuss with those poor misguided fools and show them the light... yes... :shifty:

Linus
12-06-2004, 05:48 AM
I met Chickencha and Kalen.

In person! Nobody knows who they are though, lolzolzololzollz.

Remnant
12-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Haven't been here that long compared to others but...

Helps to keep me sane by giving me an outlet away from the hyper-competitive people that I am currently dealing with IRL.

(Like, one guy's wife was having a baby and the girl next to him, who is a "friend", wouldn't share notes for the day he missed- because we're on a curve. I gave him mine. Freak jobs.)

Yamaneko
12-06-2004, 06:31 AM
My hygiene has improved as a result of EoFF. Thanks!

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 07:39 AM
Do message boards really make people do things like this?

Meat Puppet
12-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Nothing. I might drink more beer because of it, but I'll leave that choice up to the overlords.

I suppose it gives my life reason. :(

Leeza
12-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Do message boards really make people do things like this?
This one does. :)

Helps to keep me sane by giving me an outlet away from the hyper-competitive people that I am currently dealing with IRL.
Me too. Not so much from people but just stuff going on in general. It's also made my Christmas card list quite a bit longer. :cat:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-06-2004, 08:19 AM
it extentuated the fact that i have the inability to spell correctly...

Thank God for editing

Flashback007
12-06-2004, 08:33 AM
What is "REAL life"??? :p .

To be serious, what happened, well I now can advice my friends on FF (only no one plays it, so they laugh at me), euhm........I canspell charachters......Is this right spelled?? Damn word. And I think moreabout stuff before doing it and ask advice more often.

Jack
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
I cheered up
Improved Self-Esteem
Means I'm a uber geek

Shlup
12-06-2004, 11:03 AM
I got older, and did a lot of the things that happen as you get older.

Loony BoB
12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Everything in at least the last three years of my life can be traced back to me joining Eyes on Final Fantasy. For example...

Getting a job at Computacenter was because I move country because I wanted to be closer to Emma whom I met at Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Losing my virginity was due to a person I met by way of Aiyon/LiveJournal, but also Eyes on Final Fantasy. She also would not have joined Aiyon/LJ had she not joined EoFF first.

Vacations to Germany and California to meet girlfriends I met at Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Continuing to live in the smaller room in my house rather than the larger one because I like being able to wake up and do online stuff (mainly EoFF-related), and my broadband cable currently runs into my smaller room.

Running the Ciddies (obviously EoFF) for about four years now.

Meeting a dozen or so EoFF'ers in person, in multiple countries.

The only thing that's happening in my life that DOESN'T have to do with EoFF would be going back to New Zealand. That's to do with me turning 21.

Female Ryuichi
12-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Me? Put me down for self esteem, various presents in the mail and cheers me up. :love:

Faris
12-06-2004, 03:29 PM
-i've made a few friends
-i've had good laughs
-i gained a higher self-esteem
-i've found many similarities in some of the people here.
- and i've found lots of nice people who i can rely on if i need help :D :love: :D
:cookie:

Iceglow
12-06-2004, 03:32 PM
thanks to EOFF I made a friend who I can trust and respect in Xander who helped a lot when i was down after my ex messed me about. and i found out ways to annoy my ff obsessed friend by knowing things before him.

Roogle
12-06-2004, 03:36 PM
After I moved out of my house, Spiff came to visit me!

Tokki Wartooth
12-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Got $80 from PG, had to give it back.
Got $20 more from PG, didn't give it back yet.
Got alcohol from Silverlocke.

Fuzakeru
12-06-2004, 04:04 PM
I have gained a lot of self esteem here.
Like Leeza said, my Christmas list has become hectic Uhm . . . -cough- more festive.
I am damned and determined to meet one of you from EoFF IRL. So far, the only people I've visited from online all came from my RP group from Yahoo. =/ I'm going to just randomly show up at PG's house one day and steal all his ramen after I burn his pillows. :spin:

Endless
12-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I made friends, got married partly because of EoFF, I get postcards (mostly from Danni). I think that sums it up pretty well.

Necronopticous
12-06-2004, 04:14 PM
<ul type=circle>
<li>Not as bored at work
<li>Went to Ontario Mills yesterday
<li>Met people who are not internet stalkers (mostly)
<li>Bought a moogle plushie
<li>Was responsible for hundreds of dollars in damages at the toy store just for trying a lousy kickflip
<li>And most importantly, TRIED WHITE CHOCOLATE COVERED MARSHMELLOWS OMFG == GOOD!!!!!!!!!118

Citizen Bleys
12-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Gained some meagre concept of self-worth.

And then lost it again.

c'est la vie.

Fuzakeru
12-06-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm a big meany and said something in French after a witty retort to the threads topic.

-nods- I agree completely. :spin:

Citizen Bleys
12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
That wasn't a witty retort, and "c'est la vie" is hardly arcane.

Misfit
12-06-2004, 04:54 PM
I have this thing... called an Arcane Circle... it's pretty cool and makes a funny noise. ^______^

Cz
12-06-2004, 05:19 PM
In my time here, I've:

Made many wonderful friends,

Split my sides with laughter,

Hopefully done the same to others,

Flamed people moronically,

Had deep and meaningful discussion,

Chatted about my favourite game series,

Had great discussions about all sorts of other topics,

Failed miserably in the competitions,

Applauded those who won,

Received friendly advice from wonderful people,

Informed others,

Been a part of Eizon (if only for a little while),

Spammed in threads,

User notes and PMs,

Spent whole half hours typing out angry messages only to close the window before posting,

Typed in godawful newbie-speak,

Improved my technical skills,

Written song parodies, short stories and haikus,

Chatted with people from different timezones,

On many different continents,

Been utterly confused by in-jokes,

Been extremely amused by other in-jokes,

Had threads archived,

Closed and deleted,

Been a total jerk without realising it,

Sent hair (amongst other things) to a crazed lunatic,

Been through name changes,

Thought getting a custom rank was a big deal,

Realised it wasn't,

Thought some of the staff were jerks,

Realised they weren't,

Thought people saw me as a jerk,

Realised they didn't,

Been part of the most vibrant, friendly and atomspheric community I can imagine,

Left it,

Come back,

Left again,

Only to return, time and time again, to this magical place.

I've lived so much of my life in this community that it's almost like a second home. I can say things here I could never say in the real world, and make friends with people who would otherwise have been mere strangers to me. In a whole book I couldn't even begin to document my experiences here. So I guess what I'm trying to say is:

:love: I LOVE YOU, EYES ON FINAL FANTASY :love:

Fuzakeru
12-06-2004, 05:52 PM

Eh. Details, details. :spin:
Heh, sorry. Just raggin' on ya. :D

Republic, you know I hadn't really thought of that. Being here at EoFF we've all had the oppurtunity to communicate with people we never would have before whether it's outside our race or religion. For this, we all are able to learn more about the people we know the least about. For me, being here I've learned a great deal about the homosexual community and through reading others opinions, have changed theories and ideals I had once written in stone.
When you think about it like that, EoFF has given us all a great gift, or I know at least it has for me. :<3:

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 06:12 PM
I made a few MSN friends from here yesterday ... like Maxico and White Raven. :)

edczxcvbnm
12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Carnage
12-06-2004, 08:29 PM
I lose more and more time from my life everyday. And although i realize i can never get this time back, i still do nothing about it.

Baloki
12-06-2004, 08:33 PM
I made a few MSN friends from here yesterday ... like Maxico and White Raven. :)

:cry:

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 08:35 PM
And Rslalalalallalalalalaoki and stop changing it back! :D

bennator
12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Nothing for me, really. EoFF and real life have always been very different entities for me.

It's pretty much the same for me... EoFF has been fun, but it's still only a small part of my life that pretty much doesn't affect outside events.

Blue Headed Man
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
RSL

SeeDRankLou
12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
I stopped smoking. I don't know if that has anything to do with EoFF, but we'll just say it does.

SomethingBig
12-06-2004, 10:42 PM
I, too, have gained quite a lot of self esteem, thanks to you guys. I've also begun to view life in ways that I can't seem to explain. Group hug?

zacks_clone
12-06-2004, 11:29 PM
-.-;; nothing? Well,i got better at graphics work do to signature helping...which helped my grade in one of my classes a bit. ... kinda. ^_^;;

Miriel
12-07-2004, 12:33 AM
I have this thing... called an Arcane Circle... it's pretty cool and makes a funny noise. ^______^Hee...heeheehee. :p

And ditto what RSL and bennator said.

Shoeberto
12-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Made some friends.

Spent years totally enjoying myself, but now consider myself to be too cool to partake in anything here that doesn't involve making fun of people.

Oh I'm just kiddin I love ya.

My online life and real life have merged so much in the past year it's CRAZY.

Big Ogre Umaro
12-07-2004, 05:27 AM
don't get me started

Erdrick Holmes
12-07-2004, 05:33 AM
I made a few friends
I made a few enemies
I grew up.

That's all

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-07-2004, 05:35 AM
I becaome addicted to hookers and booze. Lots of them.

Kirobaito
12-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Made lots and lots of friends and lost any semblance to a life that I may have once had.

Calliope
12-07-2004, 08:07 AM
eoff made me join to rescue my school-chums from CERTAIN DOOM only I failed and so we just had something else to talk about, until we decided to stalk other eoffers, and there was cheesecake, and steak-knives and MANY MANY MANY phonecalls, and letters, and POSTCARDS, and a peg that is black and white, and :hat: :hat: :hat:!

And also a lot of drama.

Nowadays I go to school with a couple of eoffers and we are going to save the world. Yes. I also have one of them boyfriend-type things, which doesn't make sense, because he is there and I am there, except now I am here and he is there! I have to go. Oh oh! And I had an aeroplane ride! (Six, actually). AND I SAW SNOW FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

Oh! Because of eoff, I tie my shoelaces in double-knots now.

OMG BECAUSE OF EOFF I AM GETTING A GREEN EGGS AND HAM TEE SHIRT FOR CHRISTMAS IT IS THE BEST EVER!

Caaaaaaaaaaalm.

theundeadhero
12-07-2004, 05:37 PM
So many good things have happened because of this site but I still haven't learned to express my feelings very well. I'll keep practicing.

Mindflare
12-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Nearly all things with computers, I learned from people here, and during my time here, while trying to do something for or with EoFF.

The more... loud, boisterous part of my personality came from EoFF. Basically, the way I am on here became the way I am in my life. It's great, I think.

Many years of great memories and happiness. I owe a lot to EoFF.

DJZen
12-07-2004, 07:59 PM
EoFF has given me a reason to not take showers and to stay up too late at night.

Levian
12-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Improved sppeling and that I know more words now, I can't seem to remember the word for that though.

Oh, and I got some pick up lines from Dan. Working fine too.

Ultima Shadow
12-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I've lived so much of my life in this community that it's almost like a second home. I can say things here I could never say in the real world, and make friends with people who would otherwise have been mere strangers to me. In a whole book I couldn't even begin to document my experiences here. So I guess what I'm trying to say is:

:love:

EoFF has given me a reason to not take showers and to stay up too late at night.
I still take showers... but otherwise it's all the same. :D

Faris
12-07-2004, 08:38 PM

:cookie: :love: :love: That says it all :love: :love: :cookie:

:cookie:

Rye
12-07-2004, 08:39 PM
I've made a lot of friends who've helped me from EoFF.

GhandiOwnsYou
12-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Lessee, responsible for ruining of many of my grades (who wants to day homework when there's ANOTHER R = U argument in the FFVIII boards?)

Actually, two big things. The First would be my massive increase in CD's. up in the Lounge, the crazy bands suggested all over tha place. have...to....buy.....alll....Cd's....

The Second would be massive. I started photoshop purely to create a sig for myself, which led to some help in the Sig topic, which lead to a complete change in my photographic direction, which then led to a huge choice to change my prospective college Major from being another business kid to going to a Photo program at RIT. In effect, EoFF has determined my career.

LONG LIVE EOFF!!!!

Chaos
12-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Made many friends.
Met Joewahkeen.
Spent on average an hour a night for the last several years posting here.
Got me into a lot more music and stuff than I would of otherwise listened to.
Made me laugh long and hard over stupid things.
Provided necessary relief from reality when things get too hard.
A cheery alternative to homework.

I stopped thinking that using the letters 'u', 'r' and 'y' on their own was a good idea. Infact I dropped that notion after a few weeks of posting here.
So EoFF - I owe you my credibility and online dignity.

*turns around, trousers get caught on nail, fall down, trips over and hits head on the door*

Like I said, I owe you my dignity.

Chaos

Christmas
03-30-2022, 01:29 PM
Because of EoFF, I refuse let this place sink to oblivion and continue haunting it like an unsent from FFX. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
03-30-2022, 07:38 PM
EoFF and the members here were arguably quite significant in the formative years of my adolescence.

manzoman96
03-30-2022, 10:45 PM
This thread is wonderful, thanks for bumping this back up :)