PDA

View Full Version : Gather round, all musicians!

nik0tine
12-06-2004, 06:59 AM
Alright, I think it would be kind of fun if we had some sort of musical competition between the musicians here at EoFF. I was thinking that we could record something, and have non participants vote on what they thought were the best. It could be all just one big round, or we could have eliminations, and after every elimination the participants would have to record something new. This is just an idea right now, but I would really really REALLY like to see this turn into something more, and if this thread gets a good response, hopefully it will turn into something more. Anywyas, if you like this idea keep this thread going and we will see if this can actually become a reality.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 07:02 AM
While I'd love to compete, I know I'm not really that good so I wouldn't do too well... :(

nik0tine
12-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Hey, that's no reason not to compete! I would bet that innovation would be out instrumental proficiency anyday (unless we have another Jimmy Hendrix here at EoFF, which is unlikely) What do you play?
And I don't know if i made this clear or not, but anyone could enter with any type of instrument (that includes voices!).

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Flute and Piano, I'm better at flute but I'll bet my skill's really declined since I haven't had any band to play it in in awhile. My piano lessons also have ceased so I'm sure that one's going out too.

nik0tine
12-06-2004, 07:19 AM
That's cool. If this whole thing goes through I really would like you to participate. It would be nice to have other instruments than just guitars...

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 07:22 AM
I'll try. I don't have access to recording equipment, at least I don't think I do, but we'll certainly see. This is all original composition right?

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 07:42 AM
I suppose I could record myself playing the piano. It would have to be through a PC microphone though! O_o

nik0tine
12-06-2004, 08:03 AM
I'll try. I don't have access to recording equipment, at least I don't think I do, but we'll certainly see. This is all original composition right?

Ive yet to decide that. I do know for sure though, that you will be able to record you're own personal composition though. I however am still not sure whether or not to allow people to cover other songs (I personally was thinking about covering J.S. Bach's "Presto" from Violin Sonata #1 in G minor, except I would be playing it on my bass guitar) However, if enough people will it, we can have it as origional compositions only.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 08:15 AM
That might be hard, I don't have any original compositions, but I'm up for a challenge. If it isn't original I'd probably play the "Song of Huma" which is featured in the Dragonlance series.

Fuzakeru
12-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Wow. It would be really awesome to hear some of the talent here at EoFF. Nice idea! I really hope you continue on with it.
I'm not sure if I'd participate. I play Clarinet and Keyboard and a few other instruments I have no access ( damn you, band ).
I suppose I could sing though. =/ Dunno. I'll think about joining though if you go further with this. If not, I'll certainly enjoy listening in! :spin:

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Well I can sing...and play the spoons. Can I join in?

Lindy
12-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I'd sing and record something if it didn't, y'know, require effort.

nik0tine
12-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Well I can sing...and play the spoons. Can I join in?

If you can find a way to record, than yes.

The only problem im haveing with this whole thing is that Im not exactly sure how to get it started. Maybe i'll see if I can get a mod to help me or something.

Chaos
12-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'd gladly do some tootling on my guitar.

I reckon this would be a laugh, I'll keep my eyes peeled for details.

Chaos

Rye
12-06-2004, 10:22 PM
I sing, but I don't have a mic right now. I'll get one soon though, after I get my new computer. :D

Daryl
12-06-2004, 10:51 PM
We've had battle of the bands sorts of contests a couple times, good stuff. I even won one of 'em (with a really silly song, heh heh)!

An idea: let's make it Holiday themed, and have the recordings be of Holiday or other wintery songs. What'cha think?

*will possibly enter if she can figure out what to record*

Denmark
12-06-2004, 11:03 PM
if I had access to recording equipment, I'd record me ad-libbing on the alto sax. I'd pwn you all. ^_^

Samuraid
12-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm in! (This sounds like fun!) :D

eestlinc
12-07-2004, 12:24 AM
I would be willing to submit one of my pieces I have recorded already.

StarlightAngel
12-07-2004, 12:29 AM
I might join.... Though I suck badly. My instrument is the flute.

Carnage
12-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Alright EoM :p ! I play guitar but i have no way of recording it :( . But i know my http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gif so id be a good judge.

Shlup
12-07-2004, 01:04 AM
I'M SO FREAKING IN! :evil:

DJZen
12-07-2004, 01:50 AM
*picks head up from pile of beer bottles* did someone say music contest?

nik0tine
12-07-2004, 01:55 AM
An idea: let's make it Holiday themed, and have the recordings be of Holiday or other wintery songs. What'cha think?

Actually, I rather like that idea. However, by the time I get this all ready to go the holidays will probably be over. But if by some miracle I manage to get this worked out before christmas we can do that, so long as nobody objects. (on the other side, it does screw up everything I had planned for my own recording, but I guess that makes it sort of exciting right?)

Anyways I think this thread has got enough of a positive response to continue on with this. The only problem now is I don't know how we are going to upload our recordings here at EoFF, they would most likely go over the file limit.

DJZen
12-07-2004, 02:23 AM
Find someone else to host it.

I object to the holiday theme on the grounds that it's too inhibitive and impossible to qualify without lyrics.

nik0tine
12-07-2004, 02:40 AM
I object to the holiday theme on the grounds that it's too inhibitive and impossible to qualify without lyrics. I could see how that could be a problem and but that's not entirely true. After all, someone could play Jesu, Joy of Mans Desiring, or Greensleeves or something similar. I will take that into consideration though.

Will anyone agree to hosting the files once we get this thing up and running?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-07-2004, 02:56 AM
I can do Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring on Flute!

Samuraid
12-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Each person could find a place to host their music separately...

I would host the music...but alas my webserver isn't on an amazingly fast connection.

Shoeberto
12-07-2004, 03:14 AM
I've had a few things working that I could find the time to finish.

Maybe.

theundeadhero
12-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Prepare to be wowed by my amazing song writing skills and my horrible singing skills!

GhandiOwnsYou
12-07-2004, 04:20 AM
werdiddy werd. Sounds good to me. I've been messing around enough to offer something up.... now if i could just get some recording gear......*ponders*