PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations.

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Just a funny thought: has anyone ever injured themselves whilst putting up their Christmas Decorations? I'm sure I read somewhere that a man broke his neck when he was trying to put the angel on the top of the tree.

Have you had any other accidents at Christmas-time that have spoiled your fun?

Brian The Pink Shark
12-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Last year the christmas tree fell on top of me and i hurt my leg but thats about it :choc:

Meat Puppet
12-06-2004, 07:54 AM
I don't put christmas decorations anywhere on my house. But I did just watch an episode of Happy Tree Friends which involved injuries and christmas decorations :spin:

Shlup
12-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Today BJ smacked me with a string of beads when we were decorating the tree. :aimmad:

Anaisa
12-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Ive stood on some christmas decorations before and that hurt a bit because they had little spikey bits on. :mad2:

Rydia of Mist
12-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I haven't, but my stepfather sure has. The man is a walking disaster. ^^;;

Misfit
12-06-2004, 04:33 PM
I don't put christmas decorations anywhere on my house. But I did just watch an episode of Happy Tree Friends which involved injuries and christmas decorations :spin:
I agree completely *spinning smiley face*

Maxico
12-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Once I fell into the tree while decorating and the prickles prickled me...

Thats about it.

theundeadhero
12-06-2004, 04:55 PM
I almostslid off the roof playing with Christmas lights once. 2 story falls would hurt, I imagine.

Breine
12-06-2004, 05:12 PM
No, not really. The only one I can think of right now is an incident several years ago. It was on Christmas Eve and we were just unwrapping our presents (we unwrap them on Christmas Eve and not on Christmas Morning here in Denmark), and suddenly a christmas decoration went up in flames. Luckily my mother quickly put out the fire so that we could continue unwrapping the presents.

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 05:20 PM
After reading some of your replies, I've decided that Christmas Decorations should really have some sort of health warning written on them!

They're more dangerous than I thought. ;)

escobert
12-06-2004, 05:21 PM
No never hurt myself.

MoonsEcho
12-06-2004, 05:25 PM
After reading some of your replies, I've decided that Christmas Decorations should really have some sort of health warning written on them!

They're more dangerous than I thought. ;)

Christmas light strings have a lead warning of some sort on them. I suppose it wouldn't be a great idea to gnaw on them.

The only incident I can recall was years ago when our dog Sunshine knocked over the tree and broke lots of ornaments. Nobody's ever been hurt, though. *knock on wood*

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Christmas light strings have a lead warning of some sort on them. I suppose it wouldn't be a great idea to gnaw on them.

You've just reminded me - a friend of mine bit through some electrical christmas lights when he was three years old. The shock sent him flying across the room, and it burnt his lips off! Everyone laughed when he told us, but he was really upset about us finding it funny. :/

Anaisa
12-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Did you wonder before that story why he didn't have lips? :lol: :hahaha: !

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 09:12 PM
He has lips now, because he had an emergency operation on his face after the accident. xD

Anaisa
12-06-2004, 09:14 PM
I feel bad about laughing at that now :(

Faris
12-06-2004, 09:24 PM
nothing really
except that while i set up the trail to circle around the tree, I always got poked in the eyes/face and my hair got caught a few times :mad2: soon my hair will be part of the decorations :mad: