PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Monopoly

Flying Mullet
12-06-2004, 08:08 PM
As just about everybody knows, there are a gazillion different versions of Monopoly these days, except for the Final Fantasy version. So if you were helping make Monopoly: Final Fantasy edition:
What would the playing pieces be?
What currency would you use, what would it look like?
What spaces would be on the board?
What kind of cards will there be (Chance/Community Chest) and what will some of the cards be?
What will be free parking and jail
and so on, you get the picture.

Martyr
12-06-2004, 08:30 PM
What a funny idea.

I imagine that the sites would come from the more interesting worlds from PS games, but I'm sure that BM would be a playing piece. Nuklearpower has created so many BM fanatics that, despite the general disdain for the first fantasy, the BM will probably get in.
There'll probably be Cloud and Tidus and such characters as pieces.

Free parking might be the airship and jail might be the time loop. Or else it might be a jail or a dungeon from one of the games. I can't think of many jails that the heroes were in that had much impact on the story... But it'd be something like that.

Or maybe the properties would be from the games.
Like, the purples and blue's would be FF1. You could buy up Lefein, Coneria, Gurgu Volcanoe etc...
And then the other properties would be from other games.

What would Park place and boardwalk be?

blue_midget192
12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
wow FF monopoly!:) thats great. :) i think they'd have to do one for each FF(=uber expensive) but the jail could be the one squall gets locked up in and electrocuted ( :cry: )
and free parking could be "Gone Levelin' Up" or summat lol. yea the pieces; Squall, Rinoa, Cloud, Aries, Zidane, Garnett, Yuna Tidus etc. oh oh, or Squall and Rinoa, Cloud and Areis, Zidane and Garnett, Tidus and Yuna! :) on one base :) the community chest and chance..... hmmm difficult. Spells and Summons! :) yus, that each give different effects :) like "Odin. You have been Zantetzukened, go straight to jail, do not pass go , do not collect 200 gil." :D o yer, money=gil and it would be kinda a dark green and scale shaped :P Places to buy would be like, Balamb Garden, Treno etc and "Park Place and Broadwalk" ( i presume in the english version these are Park Lane and Mayfair :D) these would be Zanarkand and Midgar :) yea soo kool, lets apply to the monopoly company (commision? :)) to make it!

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Jail=Tonberried!

theundeadhero
12-07-2004, 01:04 AM
blue_midget192 didn't even mention the before PS Final Fantasies. :crying:

DJZen
12-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I think it'd be pretty cool. In fact, it might look a little something like THIS. (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/itastsp/)

Martyr
12-07-2004, 04:15 AM
What's that? I can't read that language. Is it Final Fantasy Babies?

Snap Jumper
12-07-2004, 04:41 AM
Spaces: Go=Level up!; Jail=KO'd, 50 gil for a Phoenix Down; Free Parking=Inn; Railroads=the 4 elements

Playing pieces: Cecil, someone from 5, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Yuna, or about 8 various job roles

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-07-2004, 04:47 AM
What DJ RSL linked to is a Square and Enix board game, Midgar is obviously one of the boards and I am sure Dragon Warrior areas will be as well. I think it's supposed to be Mario Partyish.

Flying Mullet
12-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I saw that in a video game magazine. It reminds me of Culdcept.

DJZen
12-07-2004, 08:08 PM
It's DRAGON WARRIOR & FINAL FANTASY ON ITADAKI STREET SPECIAL!!!!!! RAWK!!!!

Flashback007
12-08-2004, 10:10 AM
As just about everybody knows, there are a gazillion different versions of Monopoly these days, except for the Final Fantasy version. So if you were helping make Monopoly: Final Fantasy edition:
What would the playing pieces be?
What currency would you use, what would it look like?
What spaces would be on the board?
What kind of cards will there be (Chance/Community Chest) and what will some of the cards be?
What will be free parking and jail
and so on, you get the picture.

mhm. Ok

*Playing pieces:I think different jobs, only then jobs giving with charachters, for example Squall dressed as a Red Mage, and Cloud as a Monk etc.
*Currency = Gil
*Spaces: (do you mean streets with that, if so) well, I think maybe a mixture off different cities from the different games. At least Midgar as one of the more expensive cities.
*Cards: Maybe something with the summons. Like "Carbuncle protects you two turns from any payment" or "Bahamut blows you to the prison"
*Free Parking will be Something with an inn. Something like free inn to sleep in or so
*Prison that must be the big airship Dreadnought (if that's correct) from FFII, because that is a good airship to be imprisoned etc.

It would be cool to see tough a real FF-monopoly

Martyr
12-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Ya know what pissed me off? (This was before I understood anything about graphics, so I guess it's a tiny bit semi-justified)

When after I fell in love with Final Fantasy the second and third ones came out on the super nes. I was like, "WHAT! YOU GREEDY BASTARDS WANT ME TO BUY THIS TO GET YOUR GAME?!?!"

So maybe the monopolies would be for each system. To suck the money out of our pockets while we buy lots of boards.

FF1 Monopoly
FF 4&5
FF6 Monopoly

And so on

blue_midget192
12-08-2004, 03:20 PM
blue_midget192 didn't even mention the before PS Final Fantasies. :crying:

:( sorry, i'v not played 1 or 2 or 6 recently and i'v not got 4 or 5 (yet) sorry :(

Lich3636
12-08-2004, 03:30 PM
well 4 is a remake of 2 lol and 5 would be bartz i belive i havent played it in along time so i may be mistaken and theyed have to have Bm since np hes become incredably popular

Flying Mullet
12-08-2004, 03:45 PM
well 4 is a remake of 2 lol and 5 would be bartz i belive i havent played it in along time so i may be mistaken and theyed have to have Bm since np hes become incredably popular
VI isn't a remake of II, they are two completely seperate games.

~Zodiac~
12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I think streets should be towns in all FF's. 8 streets in total, so that's possible.

Example:

FFVII:
Junon, Midgar, Nibelheim

FFVIII:
Balamb, Dollet, Timber

FFIX:
Alexandria, Dali, Lindblum

And jail would be the Desert Prison from FFVII or the D-District Prison in FFVIII ofcourse ^_^

Dunno about the other things,but this is a start right? :)

DJZen
12-08-2004, 06:35 PM
But then you'd be missing IX-XII, not to mention Tactics, TA, MQ, CC and TSW, not to mention a great number of other fan services that are possible.

It's kinda funny to think about Cloud, Squall and Vivi running around buying up various FF cities and then fighting over it.

Ironman0723
12-08-2004, 11:01 PM
To my understanding, in the different themed monopoly games, Free Parking, GO, Jail, and Go to Jail, all of the corner pieces, all stay the same true to the original. I'm pretty sure that they all stay the same, however the rest of the game is different. I could be wrong though.

Anyways, as far as properties, I'd like to see Corneria, Mysidia, Narshe, maybe Baron, Nibelheim, Balamb, Alexandria, you know, pieces like this. I think as far as the pieces go, they should have a major character from each game, or atleast almost each game. Black Mage would be a good edition for FF1, FF2 I'm not sure.. I imagine they wouldn't put anyone from III unless it was just an Onion Knight, IV they'd probably put in Kain. V, Bartz I guess, not sure who they would go with for VI, probably Locke or Terra, possibly Celes. VII, Probably Cloud and/or Aeris, VIII Squall and/or Rinoa, and IX probably Zidane and/or Vivi. X I would imagine they'd put in Auron, and/or Tidus or Yuna. Of course, it would be nice if they could put in Ramza or Delita from Tactics, and I would like to see a great involvement with the summons, but the Chance/Community Chest is probably as far as they would go. There should also be a piece for a Chocobo, and maybe a moogle or tonberry.

Wow, I think I just accidentally purchased that game from the link because I can't read the damn language >_< OOPS

Anyways, as for currency, I suppose gil, even though GP has also been used in the FF series. I can't think of anything else.

JseanjohnC
12-09-2004, 02:06 AM
very interesting topic by the way! congrats! well theres always 8 pieces( i think) so that would be of characters from 7-X2(hoping) if there was one:

Cloud(one of the most well known characters
Yuna (star in 2 games) plus Kingdom Hearts 2
Vivi (star kid that would be well known even if an adult
Squall (main character)
Rikku (known...first ff character to win an award!)
Tifa (just look @ her)
Red XIII (need a piece that looks different)
Tidus (first main character of a playstation 2 game)

Ryth
12-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I think it'd be pretty cool. In fact, it might look a little something like THIS. (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/itastsp/)

HEY! You beat me to it!! Why does everyone beat me to it!??!!

Xander
12-09-2004, 09:51 PM

Awww that is so cute! Wish I could read it though xD

Old Manus
12-09-2004, 10:02 PM
The board may look something like THIS.

Note: sorry about the shoddy work, I knocked it up in around 5 mins.

DJZen
12-10-2004, 02:26 AM
I like teh shoddiness though. I also like how you made the crap properties be FFVII.

Carnage
12-10-2004, 02:49 AM
The crap properties were FFX

nik0tine
12-10-2004, 05:49 AM
I would think that the peices used would simply be the "classes" in FF. Like Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Fighter/Knight , Lancer, Thief, and of Course, the Mime.

DJZen
12-10-2004, 08:56 AM
So they were....... I guess I just mentally associate Midgar with crap property :D

Del Murder
12-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Old Manus that was awesome.

I wanna be the megaphone.