PDA

View Full Version : The New Rysa

Remnant
12-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Name: Remnant
Name of Nation: Rysa
Government Type: Monarchy
Capital: Ilden's Folly
Values: Strength and perseverance (fitting for the climate), smiths and engineers, "doers" are held in high regard- what passes for nobility is based on these and other skills rather than birth.
Plans: The culture is one of creation. The founders built a city where others saw only wasteland. Current plans include the exploration of unknown areas of the continent and the creation of devices to help keep shipping lanes clear of ice.
Primary industry: Mining, metal and stoneworking, fishing
Entry/Exit: Entry and exit are unimpeded.
Taxation: A flat tax that varies as the nation requires, but usually floats between 10 and 20%. Because there is not a substantial income gap, this is rarely an issue.

Ilden's Folly was built into the hard stone of the Korma mountain range. It was named after the leading founder, Ilden, who was assured that the endevour would be the end of him. The city was thus named in this way before it was even built. However, ingenuity and stubbornness has allowed the city to thrive. During its construction, a dwarven colony was inadvertantly broken into, but the two groups being of like minds get along amicably, and the populations throughly mix.

The caves connected to the capital are well suited for the making of wine a cheese, though doing so is expensive as many of the ingredients must be imported.

The country is currently presided over by Remnant. Politics within the country are somewhat alien to an outsider, the usual features of nobility supplanted by those that have done some feat of work deemed worthy of the position. As a result, the country lacks skilled diplomats, and has little patience for political manuverings. The people are not unfriendly, but do tend to be somewhat rough and blunt.

The military is governed by the "Skadi", a collection of generals each who controls a portion of the military.

Flag: Hammer w/ scales of justice circumscribed by sun on a darkblue/lightblue field. See Attachment.
(Ed. Map removed- main map already updated! Thanks!)

Remnant
12-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech advances:

Geology:
Deep Mining: Rysan engineers have developed methods for creating stable mines deeper in the earth than was possible prior.

Construction:
Mandible Ship: These thick hulled covered cargo ships are able to move through the ice-strewn sea lanes surrounding Rysa, using a large grinding device to clear a path. Though ponderous, they will enhance Rysa's ability to trade with other nations.

Biology:
Sub-terrainian farming: Though limited to mushrooms and some tumors, the groundwork has been laid to develop methods of growing food beneath the permafrost of Rysa's surface.

Defense:
Caelum Cruoris: A series of bunkered cannon which fill a great space of the air with shards of metal. Effective without aim against incoming air units, but unlikely to bring down the largest, heaviest airships.

Seamanship:
Waterflow Studies: Through careful observation, Rysan navigators have developed a method of sucessfully predicting and navigating the iceflows around the continent. The field of study is useful for all manners of tight navigation.

Bahumat
12-09-2004, 08:36 AM
I'll Trade a few submarines for the heavy anti-air cannon-I don't have enough surface to air missiles yet. takes ages to find materials.

Remnant
12-09-2004, 09:23 AM
For the moment, Rysa will not be making weapon trades or engaging in offensive action while the new government gets settled into place and a better picture of the diplomatic situation unfolds.

We are not objectively opposed to such a trade, but simply will not be engaging in any at the present time.

Best wishes,
Royal court of Rysa

Bahumat
12-14-2004, 05:05 AM
:D :D :D :D
OK!

Cloud_Strider
01-19-2005, 03:38 AM
I declare war on ye. For not just my people, but for yours. No civilizations can thrive with a passive leader.

King Elvaani

Remnant
01-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Attack defended against.

Sorry- was away from internet for holidays, and new semester in law school makes things rough.

Good reasoning though. :)

Cloud_Strider
01-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I wasn't attacking out of spite of anything, but you have to understand, when land is vacant for a while, one must take advantage.

Cloud_Strider
01-29-2005, 04:54 AM
I declare war on you again for fun, if I win, yay, if not, meh. Hope to hear from you within a week.