PDA

View Full Version : EoFF chat

Carnage
12-07-2004, 01:13 AM
I was trying to use the EoFF chat but a blank box came up with a symbol in it that shows a broken pic link or something. So i download the mIRC thing from the site the window told me to and i got the one for new york(cause i live their) but the EoFF chat still wont come up. Help me please.

Samuraid
12-07-2004, 03:26 AM
After installing the mIRC program, make sure you enter the required information:

server: irc.ffchat.net
port: 6669
room: #eoff

Be patient...it may take a few moments to connect.

What exactly goes wrong when you try to connect to the IRC server and join a chat?

I wish I could give more details, but I don't have mIRC. (I use trillian)

crono_logical
12-07-2004, 03:33 AM
The broken picture in the browser is because you don't have Java installed or enabled correctly.

But since you've gone and downloaded mIRC, you might as well use that instead, since that's better than using the java chat, in which case just do what Samuraid mentioned above :p If it still doesn't connect (it can take over a minute if you have a firewall so be patient), copy/paste what you see in the status window and post it here (you copy stuff in mIRC by highlighting it - it'll copy automatically for you).

FightClubFan#47
12-07-2004, 05:14 AM
I have Jave, and it still wont work... and i can't downkoad Mirc :(

o_O
12-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Alternatively, in your status window just type "/server irc.ffchat.net:6669 -j #eoff".

I have Jave, and it still wont work... and i can't downkoad Mirc :(

Why not?

Carnage
12-07-2004, 10:04 PM
description
EoFF chat
IRC Server
irc.ffchat.net
Port(s)
Group
EoFF

This is just the stuff i put in for the server i wanted to connect to, not a preselected one. A window comes up for me to type but it says "your not on a channel" then "unable to connect to server(connection timed out)"

Psychotic
12-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Type /join #eoff

When you get the window to type in.

crono_logical
12-07-2004, 10:27 PM
If it doesn't work and you have java, then you don't have a new enough version of java, or your version is broken. Either case, download the J2SE 5.0 JRE (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp) and install/upgrade :p

This is just the stuff i put in for the server i wanted to connect to, not a preselected one. A window comes up for me to type but it says "your not on a channel" then "unable to connect to server(connection timed out)"Try typing "/server irc.ffchat.net:6669 -j #eoff" in the status window, without the quotes, keeping the important / at the front, and see if it's any different. Also, what's your internet connection? Normal home connection, with/without a router, or at a college, or something else?

EDIT: The server is down at the moment, you might want to try later :p

Shlup
12-08-2004, 04:38 AM
Is chat down or something? I'm getting connection refused errors.

Kirobaito
12-08-2004, 04:42 AM
Yes, Shlup, it's down, but I am happy that you decided to try to come. Perhaps you can keep Roo from evilly tricking me.

Shlup
12-08-2004, 04:47 AM
Seems like every time I finally decide to go to chat its down. ;_;

If someone IMs me when its up (assuming I'm at the computer), I'll go in. I'm sick of using IRC for downloading and getting a bunch of half-finished files anway. :p

crono_logical
12-08-2004, 10:54 AM
EDIT: The server is down at the moment, you might want to try later :p

MecaKane
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Looks like Christmas came early, this year. :cry:

Shlup
12-09-2004, 04:10 AM
Raspberries on clout.