PDA

View Full Version : Question.

Agent Proto
12-07-2004, 01:51 AM
Ok, is there any time where a thread actually stays on forking topic instead of being hijacked and turned spammy? I mean, seriously, I was enjoying the Ciddies, but now it got off-topic so many times, that it's not fun anymore. :(

Seriously guys, I just want some decent, non-spammed-up-to-the-max threads every once in awhile.

Fuzakeru
12-07-2004, 01:58 AM
I know things were spammy before hand but after the Happy 5th Year thread ( which was spammed to hell and back, and I'm just as guilty for it ) a lot of other threads turned spammy too. Not to mention that during the server change a lot of spam arose from the depths.
Perhaps it's simply because for perhaps a week or two a lot of spam has been going around and habbits are hard to break? ( Not trying to give it an excuse or anything though. )
Since you aren't the only member from EoFF who has complained about it I surely will watch myself a little more, especially in the Ciddies thread. :)

Dignified Pauper
12-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Hey, the threads stay on topic for the most part, at least I think so... The spam in the Ciddies forum is still portaining to the Ciddies topic, it's just brief comments... I don't see what you're getting at.

RSL
12-07-2004, 02:00 AM
It's just the nature of general chat.

Yamaneko
12-07-2004, 02:30 AM
It's human nature to diverge.

Lindy
12-07-2004, 02:53 AM
So Proto is staff now and can tell people what to do? No, sorry, I must have been confused.

Stop whining and get over it, it happens, and nobody can stop it from happening except for staff banning pretty much half the forums.

You want on-topic posts? Go to some nazi-staffed forum where they ban all individuality.

That said, I find a lot of the spam posts very unfunny, and sometimes people try too hard to just "stand out" and make a name for themselves as "whacky" and "goofy", it's pointless.

Del Murder
12-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Plenty of times. Usually if the topic is worth discussing it will get discussed. If it doesn't, well, that's what the warn button is for. Don't let a couple bad eggs ruin the experience for you, Prot.

Shlup
12-07-2004, 03:19 AM
I could be more of a nazi if you want, Prot. Its fun sometimes.

eestlinc
12-07-2004, 03:47 AM
Your references to the Nazi Party offend me. I lost five family members in Buchenwald and I don't think there is any humor in invoking their slaughter for petty internet purposes.

m4tt
12-07-2004, 03:57 AM
I could be more of a nazi if you want, Prot. Its fun sometimes.
Boy is it!

And yeah, that's just how general chat seems to be. You can't have a serious discussion in here without someone hijacking the thread in a new direction.

Linus
12-07-2004, 03:58 AM
I think this belongs in the WHINER forum.

So, who likes Brazil?

Madonna
12-07-2004, 04:05 AM
I think a whining forum is a great idea! In fact, this should be brought up to the staff, so every teen with a trace of angst can fill it with a lot of (PG-13) moaning once it opens up.

Agent Proto
12-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Actually, I'm sorry for bringing this up. Just a little peeved at the nonsense going on.

Tokki Wartooth
12-07-2004, 05:13 AM
I love Lindsey and Linus.

thornwithin
12-07-2004, 05:41 AM
isn't there some empirical theory about how all internet discussions eventually degrade to Nazi references?

Eö Telrúnya
12-07-2004, 07:15 AM
All threads have to have a little bit of spam in them ... it spices up the conversation ^^

-N-
12-08-2004, 06:53 AM
I'm crying buckets for the injustices you suffer, kid.

I don't like Brazil very much. Rainforests are for douchebags. *nods*

Mr. Graves
12-08-2004, 01:14 PM
B-b-but...conversation is supposed to be free-flowing? :(

*CRYS A RIVER*!

(Whining doesn't solves things. Yeesh.)

Psychotic
12-08-2004, 01:20 PM
I think this belongs in the WHINER forum.

So, who likes Brazil?I do. Apparently if you put your fingers in a circle it's like flipping them off.

Why must Proto complain all the time? He used to be cool...

Baloki
12-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Actually, I'm sorry for bringing this up. Just a little peeved at the nonsense going on.

Thats what you get for letting the admins get their way for a day...

m4tt
12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Okay since this has turned into a flame proto thread, I'm closing this.

He's allowed to have his opinoin, it doesn't mean he is whining so knock it off.