PDA

View Full Version : Materia Combinations Anyone?

Chocobilly
12-07-2004, 02:33 AM
I was just wondering what kind of materia combinations you use to defeat the toughest of foes. Aslo are there any cool combos that do neat things?

My personal favorite is using the slash all materia while having a contain linked to an added effect in the weapon. You're thoughts ladies and gentleman?

ill-fated-life
12-07-2004, 02:38 AM
though this may be cheap....it's a good thing....equip the Pheonix Materia with the Final Attack Materia....if the person equiped with this dies, he/she will cast Phoenix, damage the enemy...and be revived...

also equiping the KoR Summon, and MP Absorb is also nice...it'll be like having infinate MP everytime you summon it.

Chocobilly
12-07-2004, 02:43 AM
also equiping the KoR Summon, and MP Absorb is also nice...it'll be like having infinate MP everytime you summon it.

I hadn't thought of this one... I like it... I like it a lot :)

bEoWuLfX
12-07-2004, 02:53 AM
my personal favorite is having counter atk linked 8 times. If you get enough strength stat then it's really sick. My cloud was hitting about 7000 for each counter atk and sometimes 9999.

Flashback007
12-07-2004, 08:57 AM
This isn't really my combo, but I heard this one from someone else. It seems to make a ease out of all enemies.

1st person
Comet 2-Quarda Magic (both Mastered)

2nd person
Comet 2- Mp Absorb

3rd person
Comet- W-Magic

If all is mastered I have heard that it can take 9999 damage each Comet. More importantly, it seems to get Ruby WEAPON down in only two rounds.

TheSpoonyBard
12-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Here's a list of all the major materia combinations I could think up. The information listed below is taken from a guide I made myself, so there is no problem with people claiming credit for it. Some of them are quite advanced and cannot be equipped until very late in the game.

Added Cut = Master Command
Double Cut
You perform a kind of 5x-Cut.

HP Absorb = Master Command
Double Cut
You perform a 5x-Cut and absorb a huge amount of HP.

MP Absorb = Master Command
Double Cut = Steal As Well
You perform a 5x-Cut, absorb a huge amount of both HP and MP, and attempt to steal from all enemies.

Added Effect = Destruct
Sneak Attack = Death Blow
Mega All
Pre-emptive
As soon as the battle starts you perform a Death Blow (which is double normal damage) to the backs of all the enemies (which is double normal damage again) with a chance of killing them instantly. A true Death Blow.

HP Absorb = Any Magic/Summon
MP Absorb = Same Magic/Summon
MP Turbo = Same Magic/Summon
Quadra Magic = Same Magic/Summon
You cast a very powerful spell or summon four times, and you absorb both HP and MP.

The Mage:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Vincent, Cait Sith

HP Absorb = Master Magic
MP Absorb = Master Magic
MP Turbo = Master Magic
Quadra Magic = Ultima
Sneak Attack = Ultima
W-Magic = Mega All
Final Attack = Revive
HP Plus = MP Plus

This set-up is very good as it gives you access to all the spells in the game so the character has good a variety of options. The HP and MP Pluses should give the character 9999 HP and 999 MP, but it depends on your level. As soon as a battle begins you cast a boosted Ultima four times, absorbing both HP and MP, and if anything survives that onslaught then you can cast any other spell twice to finish them off. If you die then you will automatically cast Life2 on the whole party thanks to Mega All and Final Attack.

The Summoner:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Vincent, Cait Sith

HP Absorb = Master Summon
MP Absorb = Master Summon
MP Turbo = Master Summon
Quadra Magic = Knights Of The Round
Sneak Attack = Knights Of The Round
W-Summon = Mime
Final Attack = Phoenix
HP Plus = MP Plus

This set-up is similar to the Mage, but this takes advantage of the incredible power of summoning. The Mega All has been exchanged for Mime so the character can perform the Summon again without using any MP. The benefit of this is you will still receive HP and MP after the summoning. In case you die you will automatically cast Phoenix, which revives your party and causes Fire damage to all enemies.

The Thief:

Suggested Characters: Tifa, Yuffie, Red XIII

Steal As Well = Master Command
Sneak Attack = Steal
Cover = HP Plus
Mega All = Luck Plus
Counter = Death Blow
Counter = Death Blow
Counter = Death Blow

This is the best set-up if you love to steal from your opponents. At the start of every battle you will Mug all opponents, absorbing HP in the process. Any command you chose will steal from all enemies due to Steal As Well and Mega All. If any member of your team is attacked then you will cover, and counter three times with a Death Blow to all enemies, stealing in the process. The Luck Plus is added to improve your chances of stealing successfully. You could also equip the Sneak Glove to improve your chances even further.

The Counterer:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent, Cid

HP Plus = Cover
Counter Attack = Counter Attack

Quite simple. Any attack that is aimed at your party is intercepted, and the poor creature that tried to annoy your team-mate gets attacked 14 times. You could exchange the HP Plus for another Counter Attack if your HP is high enough. This is a highly recommended strategy to use against Emerald WEAPON, especially if you have Yuffie and her Conformer.

The Balanced Master:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent, Cid

Master Magic = All
Master Summon = MP Absorb
Master Command = HP Absorb
HP Plus = MP Plus
Double Cut = Counter Attack
W-Magic = W-Summon
Final Attack = Phoenix
Enemy Skill = W-Item

This is my basic set-up for random battles. The Master Magic and the All allow you to cure your whole party or attack all enemies, the Master Summon and the MP Absorb mean you never run low on MP, the Master Command and the HP Absorb mean you never run low on HP, because you absorb HP when you perform a 4x-Cut as well. If you find yourselves up against a particularly nasty enemy then you will automatically cast Phoenix if you die. The Enemy Skill provides you with very useful abilities such as Shadow Flare, Pandora's Box, and Big Guard. The W-Magic, W-Summon, and W-Item allow you to use two of each in one turn, and the HP and MP Pluses are there to ensure both are at their maximum.

The Emerald WEAPON Beater:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Barret, Cid, Yuffie

Mime = Counter
Mime = Counter
Mime = Counter
Mime = Counter
Mime = Counter
Mime = Counter
Mime = Counter
Mime = Counter

Only have this set-up on one character, preferably one with multiple hitting Limit Breaks such as Cloud's Omnislash, Barret's Ungarmax, Cid's Highwind or Yuffie’s Doom Of The Living. Before entering the battle you should equip another character with W-Item, and the character with this set-up should have a full Limit gauge. Use 2 Hero Drinks with W-Item on the character with the full Limit gauge to boost their stats, then use the character's Limit Break. Don't input any commands with the remaining characters. When Emerald WEAPON attacks the character with this set-up he will counter eight times using his Limit Break. Also when it is his turn use Mime to repeat the Limit Break eight times. Throughout the whole battle leave the other two characters alone, otherwise it will spoil the line of action and he will no longer be able to Mime the Limit Break. Using this method you should be able to defeat Emerald WEAPON in just under 1 minute 20 seconds.

Flying Mullet
12-07-2004, 08:39 PM
I've always enjoyed pairing as many materia as I can with one magic materia, i.e. fire, just to see the numerous effects that you can get. Not the most powerful setup, but quite fun.

breakmonker
12-07-2004, 09:04 PM
The Best Combination:

The best materia combination goes like this:

1. Firstly Equip 'Mega All'

2. Mix:

'Quadra Magic' with 'Comet 2' (this will get you 4 Comet 2's)
(4 x (7 x 9999) damage)

3:Then Mix

'W-Magic' with 'MP Boost' (i forget the actuall name, it's the one that gives you extra damage but uses more MP)
(8 x (7 x 9999) damage)

4:Then Mix and then Cast

'Reflect' with 'MP Absorb' (on all your own characters obviously because of 'mega all')

5: Then cast 'Comet 2' with 'W-Magic' on all you own characters. This means you will get 2 (from W Magic) x 4(from quadra Magic) thats 8 allready. Then 3x all that from casting it on the three characters of your own because it will relfect of each of them in turn. Which means you get 24 'Comet 2' spells in 1 turn! That's 24 x 7 = 168 x 9999 dame in 1 turn

THATS 1680000 DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN KILL RUBY OR EMERALD IN 6 or 7 turns... OMG!!!

Good Luck

TheSpoonyBard
12-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Are you sure Comet2 can be reflected? Because most of the powerful spells ignore it...

DJZen
12-08-2004, 02:39 AM
You can kill everyone in the game with one character (KO the other 2) if you use this setup:

Knights Of The Round = HP Absorb
Counter = Mime
W Summon

It's completely impossible to loose if you do this. You won't need Final Attack = Phoenix, 'cause there's no one who'll be able to take you down. I defeated BOTH weapons using this combination. It works really well. You have to be soloing for it to work though.

Auronhart
12-08-2004, 05:58 AM
You have to be soloing for it to work though.
Well, you could also just master enough of those materia to equip it on everybody, (or just get mime and counter materia for everybody) but mastering materia can get tedious.

DJZen
12-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Exactly. I play games for fun, and mastering materia twice over isn't that much fun. It's MUCH faster and easier to solo it.

edczxcvbnm
12-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Chocomog linked with Added Effect in the weapon slot. It stuns enemies.

Cloud_Strife_X
12-09-2004, 11:44 PM
MASTERED KOTR+Quadra Magic+W-Summon

This could be one of the strongest Combonations ever. And If you can Get your KOTR to do 9999 damage then just KOTR+Quadra magic can kill Emerald in one hit. Plus this combo can go on forever, if you have the MP.

lgrowse
12-13-2004, 06:41 PM
link theese combos to gether

final attack+ phenix
restore+elemental
w-summon+kort
mega all + 2/4 times cut

edczxcvbnm
12-13-2004, 06:43 PM
MASTERED KOTR+Quadra Magic+W-Summon

This could be one of the strongest Combonations ever. And If you can Get your KOTR to do 9999 damage then just KOTR+Quadra magic can kill Emerald in one hit. Plus this combo can go on forever, if you have the MP.

Too bad quadra magic doesn't work with KOTR.

Patpat123
02-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Hmm... Havent played this game in a while
Well how i used KOTR when i owning all of the bosses. I had Hp eater (in the cave near the end of the game) or something and placed it with KOTR because Emerald weapon dose like 6000+ dmg to u when he atks and when he atks he could atk any one. Of course i knew Quad magic wouldnt work so i had everyone in the party have 9999 hp or close to it and have the skill mime with them. use KOTR and keep on miming it and it could last forever even.... and if Emerald weapon atks u u can heal because u stole what ever dmg ur KOTR did which in more than ur max hp.
People who used hero drinks really cant play this game, I didnt even use one in the entire game and i beat the game easy i own Sephiroth with this combo and all the other bosses i didnt even put the final weapons and beat the game

NOTE this can work with and boss

Levian
02-14-2007, 03:11 PM
This thread is over 2 years old. :D Please don't revive old topics. It's better to start a new thread.