PDA

View Full Version : easy leveling up

Neffets
12-07-2004, 09:00 AM
I always get to level 100 at disc 2... Its easy and dosent take all that time...
When you enter Galbadia garden at the end of disc 2, go to the ice court and fight against the hockey players, they come randomly in numbers.
Maybe many of you know this, but it is good to know. ;)

Auronhart
12-07-2004, 09:05 AM
I always get to level 100 at disc 2... Its easy and dosent take all that time...
When you enter Galbadia garden at the end of disc 2, go to the ice court and fight against the hockey players, they come randomly in numbers.
Maybe many of you know this, but it is good to know.
Most people kill monsters in the Island closest to Hell (has only level 100 monsters) with Quistis' degenerator in disk 3 if they level up at all. It isn't to your advantage to level without bonus abilities. I do find the hockey players funny though.:D

redxiiii
12-07-2004, 04:33 PM
everytime i beat a boss it says i didn`t recieve expert why is this and how can it be fixed

Ultima Shadow
12-07-2004, 05:16 PM
everytime i beat a boss it says i didn`t recieve expert why is this and how can it be fixed
1) It's called exp, EXP or experience points and NOT expert. :p
2) You just don't gain exp from bosses in this game. This allow you to get to the final boss at level 7-8. :cool:

Mo-Nercy
12-07-2004, 09:40 PM
DOOOOOODES!!!!

The more you level up in Final Fantasy VIII, the harder the game gets. The ideal level at the end of the game is about...30. The goal is to be on the lowest level possible with the highest/best junctions and magic to boost your stats. Enemies level up with you, including bosses, double including Omega Weapon. By leveling up you're only weakening your junctions and makiing your characters significantly weaker. You should be kicking yourself whenever you level up not gloating.

Auronhart
12-07-2004, 11:26 PM
DOOOOOODES!!!!

The more you level up in Final Fantasy VIII, the harder the game gets. The ideal level at the end of the game is about...30. The goal is to be on the lowest level possible with the highest/best junctions and magic to boost your stats. Enemies level up with you, including bosses, double including Omega Weapon. By leveling up you're only weakening your junctions and makiing your characters significantly weaker. You should be kicking yourself whenever you level up not gloating.
I just discovered that in the PS version Omega Weapon is always level 100, so that is not correct. (in the PC version he does level up with you, which I find kind of strange) Plus, I think Ultimecia is always a set level as well. Aside from that, my bonus pumped characters can kill anyone in one limit break (only ultimecia's last form can take two and Omega only gets a few turns) and have basically maxed defense so why go through all that pain to avoid leveling. (after you have the bonus abilities anyways)

1) It's called exp, EXP or experience points and NOT expert.
:lol:

Lyndiny 1445 4eva
12-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Just Battle and BAttle and Battle dats wot i do, plus i jus like battling :D !!!!

Mo-Nercy
12-09-2004, 09:49 PM
I just discovered that in the PS version Omega Weapon is always level 100, so that is not correct. (in the PC version he does level up with you, which I find kind of strange) Plus, I think Ultimecia is always a set level as well. Aside from that, my bonus pumped characters can kill anyone in one limit break (only ultimecia's last form can take two and Omega only gets a few turns) and have basically maxed defense so why go through all that pain to avoid leveling. (after you have the bonus abilities anyways)

Well let's just pull something from the air as an example. Let's say I'm level 20 at the end of the game which is entirely possible. Let's say I'm running around on the Island of Hell with Enc-None getting some kick-ass magic to add to my junctions when I run into a monster (yes, there is a miniscule chance of hitting a battle with Enc-None, it's happened to me several times on the World Map.) It's a Ruby Dragon which is also level 20. I have 100 Ultima junctioned to my Str on all three characters so I kill the thing with about..2/3 normal attacks.

Now let's say I was level 100. The Ruby Dragon would be as well, giving it a lot more health and the ability to use it's more powerful attacks. It would take about a million times longer to kill him, even if I had 100 Ultima junctioned to Str as well. :love:

Auronhart
12-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Now let's say I was level 100. The Ruby Dragon would be as well, giving it a lot more health and the ability to use it's more powerful attacks. It would take about a million times longer to kill him, even if I had 100 Ultima junctioned to Str as well.
Just use degenerator. Plus all the monsters on the islands closest to hell or heaven are all level 100 regardless of your level. Anyways, you use the angel wing trick and he will be dead in no time anyways.

yes, there is a miniscule chance of hitting a battle with Enc-None, it's happened to me several times on the World Map
You learn something new every day. :D

Xxiawakin
12-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Just use degenerator.

Not everyone plays Quistis, dispite how good she is.

Anyways, you use the angel wing trick and he will be dead in no time anyways.

Angel Wing trick? Haven't heard this one...care to share?

Auronhart
12-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Angel Wing trick? Haven't heard this one...care to share?
What you do is max Rinoa's Magic and get her as much speed as possible. Then you remove all her attacking and status magic except meteor. (this is the only disadvantage to this method, but if you try it, you will see it is well worth not being able to junction magic such as ultima) Now when you use angel wing, she will always cast meteor and each meteor will do 8000 for a total of 80,000 damage each time she casts it. (if the enemy has meltdown on anyways) Under Angel Wing, she is also faster than usual and will also automatically attack. (this allows you to get other people's limit breaks while she is using meteor) Angel Wing will not come off unless she is KO'ed (which can be bad or good depending, if you need her to use something else then it is bad, but it also means you don't have to recast Aura on her) This method wastes Omega weapon by the way. (she just keeps smashing him with meteor over and over :D ) If you use this trick, Rinoa takes second place in the power chart, right behind Zell's duel (armaggedon fist).

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Well...why dont you try leveling your team at a forest near Trabia Garden...it's full of Blue Dragons...and i went there with my team....after an hour my team leveled up by more than 10 levels....try it ;p ......PeAcE