PDA

View Full Version : Anti-SquareEnix

Neffets
12-07-2004, 09:32 AM
I hate squareenix, they suck!
Where in they're wildest dreams did they come up with the ide to make som many sequels to FF VII?
Or to make such a crapy game as FF:CC??
Or even a stupid sequel to FFX?

Somme and one of my friends is hoping that someone in the rest of the world feels the same as us? We aren't going to buy any of the new FF VII games!

We hope that Squareenix would realise that they have to make something new, like a new FF, not a sequel! and ceep the good old fighting system!!!!

Hopefully, they will save them selves with FFXII, but i dont think so...

I pray, everyday that Square, somhow, would get enough cash that they once again could rise and shine like they did when they where the great team of SQUARESOFT.
If you read the credits on the new FF games you will se that it is few of those who made the GREAT FF games that is involved in the new ones.

ANTI-SQUAREENIX

chichi
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Nope, sorry but I'm not with you. I love Square ' cause they made ALL of the FF games and I hope they keep going:)

Yuffie514
12-07-2004, 03:50 PM
i like SquareSoft :D , but i think the Square and Enix merger sux! :mad2: some of the games they made have been disappointing. i hope the merger breaks up real soon. :radred: Square should make a new merger with the creators of Zelda and Mario! :D

Dking'squeen
12-07-2004, 04:01 PM
I really hate the Square Enix merge-into-one-pulmerization-Yu-Gi-Oh thing. I liked it better when it was just nice little Square soft who made great games.
I was playing Chrono Cross by Square soft one day and turned around to see FFX-2 by Square Enix. I was like WTF!!!!!! what is this S***? What's heppening to my beloved? Have I lost track THAT fast? It's like Square just turned around and did a three sixty and decided, "Hey, lets go with these guys and try to make crappy games but make them look good with special effects"
Well, on a brighter note, X-2 was somewhat cool with the dress spheres and all but I'm looking forward to XII, I'm hoping it's really good! (or else i would be spending money for nothing)

Danger
12-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Yeah for all the negative press I got from my friends about FFX-2, I find the bettle system awesome (ATB with chains and multiple attacks at once), even if the plot lacks a little from previous FF installments. FFXII should be great.

Wondering Soul
12-17-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm going to try and keep this as calm as I can... SquareEnix are......OH I CAN'T DO IT! SquareEnix are a pile of s*** that have destroyed my faith and interest in the legendary FF series and I know I am not alone in this struggle of galatic human interest!! Many around the world have turned off and been appalled by games like FFX-2 which probably wins the prize for the campest and worst RPG storyline of the year, DON'T even START me on Crystal BLOODY Chronicles. CC was the biggest pile of s*** I have EVER and I mean EVER seen in my life. You can't even be nice and say you were disappointed 'cause admit it was that damn bad. When I first played this game I screamed, I cried and I broke down. That night I ended up scratching my wall with my bare fingers screaming to the Gods asking and pleading for answers to what happened to Squaresoft. You see, if Squaresoft was still running would you not think, the genius himself, Nobou Uematsu would have stayed a little while longer to see through FFXII? Nobou helped create the FF series into the magical thing it used to be but now Square Enix have taken over and well, not much is left of the classic original team due to this painful merger.

I mean HOW is my question. HOW can you go from FF7, 8 and 9 (Three of the greatest video games ever created) to this? FF10 wasn't a diaster but it just didn't feel like an classic FF game. But I came, I saw and I conquered it and I was proud and I felt that familiar little spark of FF magic.

Then, a sequel, oh yes, a sequel to a FF game was announced. I knew from day one it would be http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gife. When has ever Square listened to fans about sequels, and of all games, why this one? Oh wait, I better shut my mouth before they make a sequel to FF8, 9 or 7... OH WAIT! They're already milking that for every penny aren't they?

Yes, we were all excited at first, yes, a sequel had been announced. But what's this? It was to be a movie? We all know what happened with the other movie. You thought it would end there, they could have left on a decent note but then came two more shocks to the system.

1. First, a mobile game was announced. And it revolved around the Turks before the FFVII game itself. WHAT THE http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif?! I look forward to seeing what the finale is, chasing Cloud and Aeris down a church.

2. Dirge of Cereberus. Yes, there are thousands of Vincent fans. I say no more, just don't torture them. Leave them be. This game could end their dismal lives. "Oh look! We're gonna put Cait Sith without the Cat, it's going to be great!" THIS IS THE MESSAGE THEY ARE FEEDING YOU! We're pretty much pleased to FF7 but annoucing another sequel to you haven't seen yet is too far. About if the movie is crap, do you want another sequel? Unfortunately, they know people are going to buy it in their thousands. SPARE YOURSELVES FROM BEING THEIR MONEY-MAKING BITCHES!

Before you get the wrong idea I am quite looking forward to what surprises Advent Children has in store and I will most likely be a owner of the DVD itself but I refuse to be sucked into this FFVII killing spree and buy any more FFVII-apparently related games.

But, on a final note, FFX-2 was not a complete disaster it was an average RPG. But to brand it with the 'Final Fantasy' name. It was a disgrace. If Square - Enix continue to destroy the Final Fantasy they will have a war on their hands.

THIS BATTLE IS NOT OVER MY FELLOW COMRADES! SQUARE - ENIX WILL ONE DAY FACE THE PAIN SO MANY FF FANS HAVE FACED.
PEACE OUT MY BROTHERS.

Necronopticous
12-17-2004, 09:54 PM
I hope you all get copies of the Final Fantasy VI sequel I once invented on these boards.

[!]edit: http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10209[/!]
EDIT: I admit I got a chuckle out of it, but that's not really appropriate. -Murder

ChaosCalibur
12-18-2004, 12:13 AM
you know only Square is responsible for crap like FFX-2, if anything it's Square that's ruining the reputation of Enix...

GhandiOwnsYou
12-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Good reply. on the Final Fantasy site. Yup... *forms lynch mob to casually murder the one who speaks against square people*

Anywho, yeah, the games have gotten a bit offtrack recently
Crystal Chronicles? Second worst idea ever.
FF XI? Debatedly the single most astronomically psychotically idiotic thing i have ever witnessed in my life. Gee guys, lets take all these FF fanboy and gals, and tell them they have to pay a monthly fee to play our games! not to mention have broadband or suffer the uber lag. OOO! and lets have their registration expire and character deleted if they take an extended hiatus, and rig the system so the have to buy an ENTIRELY NEW GAME to play it again. from scratch. at the cost of $60+ more dollars. AND! Get this, we'll make it canon to the FF line. Not FF online, not FF MMORPG, not FF connected. We're going to call it....XI. I refuse to shell out 100 bucks for a game, and then get told i have to shell out another 120 a year to keep it active and playable.. F that.

The rest of the crap however, has been quite pleasing. yeah, the storylines have gone a little awkward, but look at IX. that was was strange compared to VII and VIII. they all have different feels. and FFX-2 was meant to have that kind of giddy, cheap atmosphere. it was a game set in the calm. the troubles over, no more issues. just average bickering and everyday life, so lets make some mirth, right? And to be frank, the battle system absolutely rocked VIII and IX's butt. VIII's still my favorite, but it's Bat sys sucked.

So, give em faith. they're comign around. if they could jsut get out of this "hero saves the girl" or "heroine saves the guy" deal, they'd be set. FFVIII? save the World. FFVII? Save the world. FFIX? save the world. FFX? Protect your girlfriend, who's trying to save the world. dubya tee eff? forget the girl, kill the thing. and then we have X-2 with the whole "Appease the ghost lover" thing. dubya tee eff again.

anywho, i have faith. XII looks dark, so do the new FFVII game *which, if well done, i have no problem with. the turks game? eh.....no. but the good sequels i'll give a shot.* let's give em a chance to change?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Enix is a great company, as is Squaresoft, and both companies have produced truly stellar games.

Final Fantasy X-2 is a good game, just because you disliked it doesn't mean that it is bad.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a great game, the multiplayer mode is really fun.

If you hate Square-Enix for trying something new, don't play their games.

Oh wait, I forgot, it makes perfect sense to give a company you hate money so you can play games that you hate. And then it makes even more sense to come to a forum devoted to the most popular Squaresoft title out right now and whine about it. If you don't like it, that's fine, but why waste your breath trying to change the rest of us? Yours isn't the only point of view, after all.

Sephex
12-18-2004, 12:34 AM
1) Had there been no merger, I have a funny feeling there still would have been a FFX-2 and the many FFVII projects.

2) Why the hell is this in the FFVIII forum anyway?

3) Video games are a business. Say that outloud to yourself...very slowly. Do you think Halo 2 was released because everyone involved wanted to put it out for the sake of putting it out? Yes, video games are an art form, but there is also business to be done. Period.

4) It just caught on to you that Square-Enix is in it for the money? Never mind the other ten games that was released--NOW they are sell outs because they made a direct sequel and are developing a few side projects? Get over yourselves.

5) Despite your complaints, I do agree that Square-Enix isn't as good as they were back in the day. However, that has nothing to do with the Enix merger.

TheAbominatrix
12-18-2004, 12:39 AM
I love all this whining. People complain about what Square does, constantly. "I DIDNT LIKE X-2 AND MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS THEREFORE ENIX RUINED SQUARE OMG." X-2 sold quite a lot. It did very very well in Japan. Why so many sequels to VII? Because fans have been screaming for VII sequels for years, and their complaints increased when 'inferior' (according to them) X got a sequel and their beloved VII did not. So fans get their wish, and do nothing but complain about it.

In MY opinion Square has been going down hill since VII. I - VI were stellar, and hasnt wowed me since, except with X.

I have a question though. Those of you who're complaining, have you ever played an Enix RPG? And if you havent, try one. Enix has made tons of good games.

And a little request... could we scream about it after the games are out, at least. PLAY the games before you write them off.

And, to quite the lovely DJZen, Square is NOT A RELIGION. If they stop making good games THE WORLD WILL NOT END. There are SO many good RPGs out there that Square didnt make.

And the last thing. Dont complain about Square being 'money grubbing' now. From the VERY BEGINNING theywere in it for the money. They're a COMPANY. They didnt say "Hey, let's make these games to make everyone happy! We dont need money!". For goodness sake.

BackRoomKid
12-18-2004, 01:08 AM
PEOPLE WILL JUST NEVER BE SATISFIED....simple as that.

Who were Enix anyway??? I never heard of them until the merger...they were involved with the gaming business as well?

TheAbominatrix
12-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Enix is bigger in Japan than they are elsewhere, because not all of their games have received international releases. Here are some of their bigger titles.

Dragon Warrior/Quest series
Star Ocean series
Illusion of Gaia

Those're just off the top of my head, Im sure someone will list more. Enix is an excellent company.

DJZen
12-18-2004, 02:23 AM
I understand your hatred for Enix. I mean, it wasn't like Square ever did anything foolish on their own such as Tom Sawyer. Square would NEVER sell out on their own either. You can tell because their games have been so underground, such as Final Fantasy VII. The biggest indicator of how much things have changed is that up until the merger, the incredible minds that brought you the final fantasy series TOTALLY all stayed on right up until the merger. For example, Nasir Gebelli and Yohttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifaka Amano were TOTALLY INVOLVED with FF until they merged with Enix. It also irks me that it's ENIX of all companies. They've never managed to make a succesful RPG franchise. Just look at games like Dragon Warrior. See? TOTALLY not a succesful franchise. They've also never made a single critically acclaimed game. Just look at games like Act Raiser, Soul Blazer, E.V.O. or The 7th Saga.

Okay, now I'm done being sarcastic.

People, you really take this merger far too seriously. I mean when you say things like "I cried all night over this piece of **** game" it just makes me wonder why you're bothering to play it at all. PLENTY of people don't like Final Fantasy. It's not a crime against humanity or anything. There's plenty of other good games out there. There's plenty of other good RPGs out there. Try Xenosaga or LotR 3rd Age or Tales of Symphonia or Paper Mario: The 1,000 Year Door. Heck, try FABLE if you want!

P.S. What IS this thread doing in the FFVIII forum?

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 05:18 AM
DJZen, your catch phrase needs to be 'What is this doing in the _____ forum?'.

I'd move this to GenSqueinx, but I'm sure there is at least one active 'Square gone downhill' thread in there already, so you guys can complain, and complain about complaining, and complain about me complaining about complaining in there. :) Please keep these out of the holy lands, aka the FFVIII Forum, in the future. Thank you.