PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions....?

Beatriix
12-07-2004, 11:24 AM
1. How long do you think PlayOnline will be maker RPG gamers pay for there online experience? forever? ... doesnt that sound a lil greedy?
2.Is FFXI really worth it?
3.How much overall will u pay monthly.. n for how long?

zoti
12-07-2004, 01:39 PM
1. IDK
2.yeah...if you don't live in the US and want totry WoW ( i still think ff XI is better)
3.first month free second month 6.75 (i think) and rest will cost around 12.95

Rydia of Mist
12-07-2004, 03:57 PM
1. PlayOnline will always make FFXI players pay for their accounts. They are providing a service for which you must pay: the ability to play on their servers so you can interact with the thousands of other players in FFXI. This isn't a static game; they are constantly adding new things, and not just in purchased expansions. They have been nearly unerring in their bi-monthly updates that add and change significant things in the game.

2. It is really worth it. There is so much depth to this game, and so much opportunity for worthwhile interaction with other people.

3. The first month is free; the second month is a discounted price; the third and all subsequent months are $12.95 (US Dollars) plus $1 for every extra content ID (character slot). You pay this every month, without fail, for as long as you keep your FFXI account open.

Roogle
12-07-2004, 05:34 PM
It's really not that much if you think about it. Although you'll be paying a lot of money for one game, that game is a lot longer and can keep you occupied more than any other game if you let it. Just look at it this way, if price is holding you back -- it costs roughly the same to go to the movies once a month with a friend or getting some food, too.

Beatriix
12-07-2004, 08:46 PM
well that still sounds a lil greedy ta me... like final fantasy sold millions of copies, and has been around for like a year now, but i give them props for making sumthin new everyday in the world of final fantasy XI, but its jus unfortunate to us RPG fanatics how want to play the game but cant afford it, but its all good n thanks for replayin

Rostum
12-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Just to note: it is an MMORPG, not a regular RPG. Therfore they need the montly fee's to pay for the servers, the customer service and GM's in the game, the maintenance and the patches that come out.

It's not that greedy.

It's not exactly the same type of gameplay as a normal FF game, or any RPG for that matter. You interact with a lot of people.

I bought WoW last week and I've been playing heaps, but it just lacks so much that FFXI has to offer. It has beautiful landscapes and everything, and the combat can be pretty fun. But I end up doing everything on my own (level 22 paladin) and probably done 2 or 3 things in a party. Which really sucks, I like to get along with people while I'm playing. Yes I do have a guild but don't know them as well and they aren't on too much.

Anyways, just my two gil. It's a great game.

Lionx
12-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Yea i made a humongous post a while back about the costs, for...25 servers was it? High quality ones that can let you log on and off successfully, bandwidth, expansions/more content, bug fixes, GM support, electricity, matienence...and alot of other MISC things. Its pretty fair....and its not that bad, get a job like my friend and you can do it. Remember if you like FF RPGs and never liked other MMOs or MMORPG's in general...then dont even bother. ^^;

Like now they are taking actions on players who are violating TOS and making economy fixes...takes a good team to fix those issues...if its free they wouldnt even bother so much about those things wont they? >_>

Beatriix
12-08-2004, 08:39 AM
ok ok... you guys make some interesting arguments, i do think that ffXI does look AMAZING, n iv read about the many things you can do in the world, n maybe one day soon I will get the game, for now im resently going through ff9 n chrono cross again lol
oh yeah... what is MMO?
and what is WoW?

Lionx
12-08-2004, 09:23 AM
MMO=MultiMassiveOnline(usually followed by RPG).

WoW= World of Warcraft, another MMO.

Beatriix
12-08-2004, 12:10 PM
thank you.... how is WoW? I heard its good, n wanted ta play it... im a huge squar-enix n blizzard fan

Rostum
12-08-2004, 10:12 PM
My conclusion from my experiences: World of Warcraft is currently for the casual gamer; nothing more, nor less.

Lionx
12-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Its also pay to play like FFXI, pay monthly becuase those servers cost alot of money to mantain JUST like FFXI. So if you cant pay for it here, good luck over there too....

And about WoW..what omecle said ^^

Rostum
12-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Its also pay to play like FFXI, pay monthly becuase those servers cost alot of money to mantain JUST like FFXI. So if you cant pay for it here, good luck over there too....

And about WoW..what omecle said ^^

Just to add. WoW costs a few more dollars monthly more, than FFXI, and at the moment the servers pretty much suck. They are always laggy at peak time (with anywhere you go) with Australian players and if there are too many players on a server you get put in a que which can take up to an hour.

I guess it's a new game though and they are trying to adjust things.