PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Fate Fatale
12-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Who likes this game? I love it! Post all ur stats for the game here!

Farm: Blue
Name: Kyle
Wife: Celia
Child: Keith
Chapter: 2 Happy Birthday
Best Selling Crop: Bannana Seeds
How many tools to go: 4
How many "add ons" to go: 0

Shlup
12-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Though I haven't played it, I know its a great game. I have HM2 (which sucked) and Friends of Mineral Town (for GBA, which is great) and I have ROMs for the other SNES and GB versions. I've briefly played HM 64, and the PS2 version. I would say that of all of these, A Wonderful Life is the best version. You can raise kids! That's so fun!

I should really snatch that game from my boyfriend's sister... she probably hasn't played it in months. And I have the cable to hook my GBA up to it. :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-08-2004, 06:52 AM
We have the game but I decided that after I bought Harvest Moon 64 and played it for the entire weekend, only emerging for food on occassion, it probably isn't a good idea to get hooked again.

Ryth
12-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Farm: Shining Farm
Name: Cloud
Child: Kite
Chapter 2
Don't know the rest of the stuff though.

Fate Fatale
12-10-2004, 10:20 PM
tools are in your shack, and "add ons" and the food processing room, milking room, ect.

Ryth
12-11-2004, 12:35 AM
? What? What do you mean I know where my tools are! I haven't looked at that and really I don't own the game I rented it twice.

Fate Fatale
12-11-2004, 09:17 PM
ok... sorry...

Ryth
12-11-2004, 09:36 PM
ok... sorry...

:) It's alright. Not a problem!

BatChao
12-13-2004, 04:42 AM
I haven't played for a while, but I played a lot when I first got it. It's a really long game. HEre are my stats as I remember:

Farm: Happy Cow
Name: Kevin
Child: Bruce (I think...I haven't played for a while)
Chapter: 3 or 4...
Best Selling Crop: Some kind of hybrid fruit tree seed
How many tools to go: A lot
How many "add ons" to go: Everything except food processing room

Lindy
12-13-2004, 02:59 PM
AWL is PAINFULLY bad, it's not a proper Harvest Moon game, in any way shape or freaking form. The days last too long, you buy stuff from the shipping basket, the main character doesn't wear a cap! Seeds planted in one patch at a time? It's terrible, I played it for one day and then took it back.

I'd much rather stick with Friends of Mineral Town, at least that stays true to the original style of Harvest Moon.

Ryth
12-13-2004, 09:40 PM
AWL is PAINFULLY bad, it's not a proper Harvest Moon game, in any way shape or freaking form. The days last too long, you buy stuff from the shipping basket, the main character doesn't wear a cap! Seeds planted in one patch at a time? It's terrible, I played it for one day and then took it back.

I'd much rather stick with Friends of Mineral Town, at least that stays true to the original style of Harvest Moon.

It was different but it was closer to normal HM gameplay then Save the Homeland YOU CAN'T EVEN GET MARRIED which was the best part of the game series! Also my chockens never ate it's DAMNED feed so it always died I probably could keep buying medicine I'm rich because of the extreme shortage of upgrades and tools. It was okay but others games are much better. AWL kicks it's ass.

Fate Fatale
12-14-2004, 10:03 PM
AWL is based on growing a family and making friends rather than farming and making money...

Lindy
12-15-2004, 01:48 PM
...except that farming and making money has always been, and always should be the main point of Harvest Moon games. I mean heck, you want to get married and make friends? Go play a dating sim, it shouldn't be the main focus of a Harvest Moon game, it should be a hefty portion yes, but it should AID the whole farming and making money part, not completely eliminate it.

BatChao
12-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Whether or not the main character wears a hat or where you buy your goods doesn't really make or break any game. I find AWL to be a more 'realistic' HM as there really aren't any more wierd magical things going on (the Sprites still exist, but their involvment with you is minimal). Also, the planting of seeds one at a time is more realistic (it also explains why the days are longer - you need more time to tend to your crops).

Fate Fatale
12-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey, I'm in chapter 3 and I wanna know, what do you do with the sheet music? I gave my son the drum, but he won't accept the sheet music