PDA

View Full Version : Sequel

YunaGirl05
12-08-2004, 03:46 AM
can anyone tell me if there will be a sequel to final fantasy x-2. I've herd rumors but does anyone know for sure?

Trumpet Thief
12-08-2004, 03:51 AM
chaos: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubedo: Not to be rude but, sorry, I've seen another thread like this, and this was my same response. For one, no, don't believe rumors unless you already know it's official. There will not be a sequel to FFX-2, I repeat, there will not be a sequel. I doubt it would ever need one, and I doubt that I would even want one.

YunaGirl05
12-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Ok thanks i guess. :eek:

Wuggly Blight
12-08-2004, 04:10 PM
No no no no! no! NO! there isnt a sequal THANK GOD, square finally finished milking 10 and any plans have been scrapped.

Carnage
12-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Actually someone here metioned something about a lulu prequel(sp?). i like that idea. but other than that i say burn it.

DarknessFromAbove
12-10-2004, 04:13 AM
There's all kinds of stuff going around, like I heard about a Rikku version, and/or a movie. Can't they just be done with it all? I think they killed X already. . .

lulusgirl
12-27-2004, 11:36 PM
I like the ffx2 game and it would be great to have another sequel. but they should change the name or the base of the story. like the background with a twist. :rolleyes2

Magus
12-28-2004, 06:26 AM
There's all kinds of stuff going around, like I heard about a Rikku version, and/or a movie. Can't they just be done with it all? I think they killed X already. . .

i'm not sure but at the start, they wanted to make 2 versions of X-2 a rikku and a yuna in which u get to be rikku or yuna as main character.
but i guess they just dropped that idea and maded only 1 story.

bakabakabaka
12-28-2004, 12:54 PM
i think that another will totally kill the game.
a story about the zanarkand war would be cool as that was 1000 years ago... just WITOUT the current characters!
paine is sooooooo annoying!

12-28-2004, 07:22 PM
they were actually planning on making X-3 but they decided not to.

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 10:29 PM
you don't have to agree with me, but a prequel is a better idea. like the story of Braska, Auron, and Jecht.

Shoden
01-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Fenough Final Fantasy X already got killed by the current sequel we want it to stay alive dont we.

Dking'squeen
01-14-2005, 01:47 AM
Oh Sweet Jesus I hope not!
what's going to happen? Tidus and brother are going to duke it out for Yuna?
Brother's going to kidnap Yuna and Tidus has to resue her, going through a bunch of hired men the Brother got? And then what? He'll bring back Seymour or something?
I hope not because then there's not story to go. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN? Is the next one going to be about getting Gippal and Rikku together? Or Paine and Nooj? Or is Baralai going to come and try and steal Yuna using Brother and then Baralai says to Brother, "You could have never had her anyway" and kills brother and then tries to marry Yuna like Seymour did? Give me a break

UltimateSpamGrover
01-14-2005, 01:51 AM
here we go, another "X-2 sequel" thread... oh dear...

Dking'squeen
01-14-2005, 01:53 AM
here we go, another "X-2 sequel" thread... oh dear...

hopefully it won't last long
we already know that there won't be *hopefully*

Jpae33
01-14-2005, 03:45 AM
I really hope they have an FFX-3. I really liked X and X-2.

ShivaBlizzard8
01-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Calm down now, this rumor has already been settled. As MaGuS said:

i'm not sure but at the start, they wanted to make 2 versions of X-2 a rikku and a yuna in which u get to be rikku or yuna as main character.
but i guess they just dropped that idea and maded only 1 story.
Which is absolutely correct. When FFX-2 was first announced, ages ago now, Square originally intended two seperate games, one called FFX-2 Yuna Version, and FFX-2 Rikku Version. They were going to be the same games, but like Pokemon or something, you could choose, based on which version you bought, which character to play as. However, as they developed X-2, this idea was dropped with little fanfare. As a result, the "lost" Rikku version of FFX-2 was warped into the FFX-3 rumor, which is not true. X-3 was never planned, it was just an alternate version of X-2 that was never created.

The Lulu prequel I believe was an idea of what would be interesting to see if they made another game, not an offical rumor.

Square has no plans presently of doing any more with FFX - they're to busy whoring out FF7 at the moment. ;)

BudSoda02
01-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Official word from SQUARE-ENIX: There won't be a sequel to FFX-2. End of discussion. Although, they'd probably do it if they found themselves in one of those near-bankruptcy cases. (FFX-2 was supposedly cheaper to make than FFVIII even. Whoa.) I highly doubt this, of course unless FFXII sucks. That's coming from people who did FF Tactics & Vargant Story, so I don't expect it too. Although the main character looks WAY too feminish, even more than Tidus. :eek: Now that's scary.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

m4tt
01-14-2005, 06:00 PM
You heard it from Bud. It's all a dirty ugly stinky rumor.