PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic long winded gamer in need of ff7 help ^_^

Sky 7000 2000
12-08-2004, 04:15 AM
First post ever! It's a shame this had to be embarrassing! First, I will get to the point and then I will complain and whine about the other epic of my day....Alright! After years of waiting I finally got around to getting a copy of Final Fantasy VII - Woo!....Normally I don't run into trouble with this type of game...but my true patheticness has finally been revealed! I am in the Whirlwind Maze (Disc 2)...and get this...I'm right at the beginning! (Insert bystander chatter - "She really is mental"..."How dumb can you be?"..."Maybe we should lead her no where...just for fun") :cry: I've looked up a couple of guides and they all say the same thing - "Here, climb up the stairs and go through the south exit. In the adjoining area, walk all the way to the right to find a hidden chamber with a chest; inside it is a Ribbon. Then return to the main path and head north, then west, through the entrance. Cross the icy bridge in the third cavern.." Getting the Ribbon was cake :D ...after that... :confused: . The only place I can get to is a path that is blocked off at the end with 3 icicles. I did try the "Select" option and it gave me a little green arrow above a door - WHERE THERE's AN ICY BRIDGE *GASP!*...But I can't get there! :cry: Why me? Why did this have to be my gaming downfall! It's probably so simple and get I can't do it! How low... Well that is my main problem - any help would be appreciated (Including pointy fingers and laughing in the face...ect...as long as you can help me get through this lol) The other part of lowering/debasing myself was reading this FF7 forum and without seeing a register button and figuring it wasn't free and being unable to locate a profile with more contact information..except for one - and here comes the point...which I did e-mail and poured in my stupidity in hopes for a glimmer of sympathy...(What would be even more embarrassing is if he/she <novarta> responded to this..which will now most likely happen since I mentioned it...crap...) And now that I have registered and made a post...makes it so much worse. Well now that you have all laughed at least once...(If not here's a joke - My mom was so old ; I told her to act her age and she died!...that might explain the jail time...ok ok bad example! How about - oh forget it)..I'm gonna go now...*wall*...guess I was wrong. Anyways, anyone who can help - which I am sure all of you can - please do; and as I've said earlier please feel free to laugh and throw things at me, like swords, daggers, spears, dogs that look like cats..with claws,...fists...bullets....*gulp*....Yes, I type to much, it runs...in the psycho stream :D . And Officer, I swear to drunk I'm not god...There's no blood in my alcohol system!! ...Now that I've dug a nice 6 foot hole I should make myself comfortable and wait. I'll love almost anybody who posts a helpful response! :love: Tootles! ~Sky~

Raistlin
12-08-2004, 04:31 AM
You have to knock over a boulder on a ledge at one point to clear the way. I don't remember off the top of my head exactly when and where, but that's probably where you're stuck.

If not, just keep running around. :p

Oh, and to clear up any misunderstanding: you're at the Gaia Cliffs, not the Whirlwind Maze(which is later).

Sky 7000 2000
12-08-2004, 04:48 AM
Almost helpful! Thank you! Gaia Cliffs may be helpful, sadly enough in the guide it said the maze! But I've run around for an hour now and its still the three rooms - the entrance, the dead end, and the place where I got the ribbon. Thank you for posting though :) ~Sky~

Auronhart
12-08-2004, 04:52 AM
There another area (it is the same area as where the icicles are that are blocking your way, but you can enter it from a different spot) above where you get the ribbon that leads to a passage (I think passages are green arrows, but it's been a while since I've played) which allows you to get above where the icicles are. As Raistlin said, there is a boulder up there which you can knock.

Sky 7000 2000
12-08-2004, 04:58 AM
Maybe I need to make myself a little clearer. I don't need to get up, I need to get down lol. I am where the icicles are and can't get to the other part (Where in the guide it says "Cross the bridge and then you'll come to a bolder" blah blah, I cant get there :cry: But we're making progress! :D Thank you! Oh, and the red arrows are for exits-entrances-ect, the green ones are for hints of some sort - i think, but its not working lol.

I don't know what my problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce!

Auronhart
12-08-2004, 05:18 AM
"Cross the bridge and then you'll come to a bolder"
Hmm, the only boulder is the one I described I'm almost certain. Personally I can't remember a bridge, (it could be something that I wouldn't notice) all I remember is that from the screen with the Ribbon in it you can get to the screen with the icicles, (by heading up on the screen) but beneath the icicles and there was a passage (I'm almost certain passages between different parts of one screen are green arrows) that leads to a different part of the screen (which is above the place with the icicles) from which you could push a boulder.

Sky 7000 2000
12-08-2004, 05:29 AM
Really I do. But my game doesn't, lol. I've walked all over that green arrow, and there is only one in this area - above a door I can't get to cause its under me. All the other arrows in the areas are red. And if i go outside the place it's just another boring climb down the cliff , trying to keep warm, and back to the cabin. Maybe there's something wrong with the disc? :cry: ~Sky~

Auronhart
12-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Really I do. But my game doesn't, lol. I've walked all over that green arrow, and there is only one in this area - above a door I can't get to cause its under me. All the other arrows in the areas are red. And if i go outside the place it's just another boring climb down the cliff , trying to keep warm, and back to the cabin. Maybe there's something wrong with the disc? ~Sky~
I doubt it is a problem with the disk. The green arrow is a sort of tunnel that you have to walk through manually I think.

Sky 7000 2000
12-08-2004, 06:14 AM
That was the best yet! Haha, manually, as if I couldn't walk through the rest of the game. But thank you for your insight. Again the arrow is above a dorway BENEATH me which I cannot REACH no matter how many hours I spend pressing the "ok" button and trying to force myself on the arrow! All the other doorways lead to nothing. The icicles do nothing and the other shiny distractive walls do nothing, so far. I guess there's something good to this - training - except that the levels build faster than you think. *sigh* Thanks anyways though. I'm still in favor of the disc, I may be blind but when I can't walk through a wall - I can't walk through a wall. :tongue: ~Sky~

About this door I keep referring too with the arrow being beneath me...there's no other way to get to it that I can find. All the screen will show me is a long icy bridge type thing leading into the door. That's what it shows to be apparently below me. The other rooms (Entrance and off side area where the ribbon is) have nothing else that I can find. Too bad I'm not going to experience the great reviews of this game for centuries. Hehehe :cry: ~Sky~

Maybe this will help some of the onlookers with my problem. As I said in my original post - I have looked at some guides. Here are two that say the near exact same thing http://www.geocities.com/ff8_squall2000/ff7disc2.html and http://www.geocities.com/ff7_psx/walk_2.html They both talk about a bolder - which that kind carrot 'feller mentioned - but I can't seem to find it. There's another one - http://maxpages.com/tombraiderup/ff7d2wt (Becareful - That one's a doosie!) Which also mentiones a bolder or rock of some kind to be pushed, but fails to mention exactly where it is. It's got to be right infront of my face but I've looked at every crack and corner :cry: *dodges oncomming bullets* Darn it yes I know I am pathetic! Jeez. *whew* Well I think me and Red X (Which I conveniently named "Auron", sexiest man not alive!) will give up for the night. I really like this game up to this point. I hope I can get further. *eyes shift* ooooooo shiny stuff....~Sky~

Please do not double or triple post, use the edit button. ~Matty

Auronhart
12-08-2004, 07:44 AM
About this door I keep referring too with the arrow being beneath me...there's no other way to get to it that I can find. All the screen will show me is a long icy bridge type thing leading into the door. That's what it shows to be apparently below me. The other rooms (Entrance and off side area where the ribbon is) have nothing else that I can find. Too bad I'm not going to experience the great reviews of this game for centuries. Hehehe ~Sky~
If that is where you are then I suggest you look for more red arrows in the other rooms. Unfortunately I can't tell you for certain where the entrance to that area is though, because I am not currently playing FFVII, but I'm sure it is there. (actually it is quite possible there is not a separate arrow for the entrance to the area you are trying to get to as it is the same room, you might want to try entering it from the right side of the "ribbon" screen")

lgrowse
12-08-2004, 05:49 PM
you have to push a bolder witch is through a tunnle witch you have to keep pressing left[IMG]

Raistlin
12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
First off, it's Gaea Cliffs. Gaia was a typo on my part. :P

Secondly, I don't remember it being that difficult...just go through the wall to get the ribbon, come back out, and continue upwards. *checks Gamefaqs*

Rather than go up, KEEP RUNNING RIGHT into
the WALL. There is a secret area which leads to a Ribbon. Once you have it,
go back to the fork and head up.

Cross the next ice bridge and get the chest on your right for Javelin. Exit
through the door on the upper left hand portion of this screen. Walk across
the bridge it puts you on. Continue moving in that direction when you lose
sight of Cloud. Weave around and kick the ice ball at the top of this ledge.
Head back down and out of this room. Exit the next room from the original
entrance. Head up the recently cleared path and maneuver yourself around when
you lose sight of Cloud again. Eventually you will come out, head right and
then exit the room down. On the next screen run right some more and exit from
the bottom here as well.

That should do it.

Auronhart
12-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Secondly, I don't remember it being that difficult...just go through the wall to get the ribbon, come back out, and continue upwards. *checks Gamefaqs*
Yeah, that is what I remember too, which is kind of what I said at the beggining. (Oh, I see that my explaination could have been confusing though... :( ) Hopefully the Gamefaqs guide will help.

Sky 7000 2000
12-09-2004, 01:41 AM
I've kept saying it was easy, it's just me that's the idiotic blind bat. It would've been nicer if you'd all just threw pointy objects at me :cry: . I'm just going to drop it for now, it's too apparent that this won't get anywhere and my point is being over looked. But thank you Raistlin for your help and I'll look through your quote again and see if it helps before I put it away for a while ( I know it probably isn't that difficult, I do not know why I am having such a problem with it, like I said - pointy objects :( ). A very warm thank you to Auronhart for sticking around and trying to help me out, I appriciate it. And last but not least lgrowse - for pointing out the Oh So Obvious.... ;) Thank you for posting though. Again, sorry for my stupidity. You don't have to post any more in this, unless you can assist me in covering my 6ft hole with something. But I am sure I can handle something so easy as moving dirt...I hope... :p Thank you all again ^_^ May all your games ...be good...or something... ~Sky~

lgrowse
12-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Almost helpful! Thank you! Gaia Cliffs may be helpful, sadly enough in the guide it said the maze! But I've run around for an hour now and its still the three rooms - the entrance, the dead end, and the place where I got the ribbon. Thank you for posting though :) ~Sky~
it is so easy if you use youre mind!

Sky 7000 2000
12-12-2004, 05:53 PM
it is so easy if you use youre mind!

No WAY Sherlock! I've already said atleast 5 times that I was a blind bat and an idiot of some sort. Read a little will ya! (BTW I did get through it and am now on the third disc, just a little bump in the road, IT HAPPENS) Thank you for the most helpful criticism though.... :love: ~Sky~