PDA

View Full Version : Pain Pills.

Eö Telrúnya
12-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Seen as Mr. Bob broke his hand, I thought we could talk about medicines and pain pills. I don't take pain pills unless I absolutely have to, and even then I hate doing it! So unless I'm in bed and dying of hideous flu viruses, I don't take any sort of pain medicine to help me cope. I'm a toughie. :D

Do you take pain medicine a lot, or do you cope with the pain?

Meat Puppet
12-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Depends what kind of pain it is. Sometimes I have annoying aching pains in my muscles and I need to rub in some muscle cream or something. And sometimes I get whacked with pretty heavy migraines, and if I don't take nurofen quick, I seem to get real screwed over.

The Captain
12-08-2004, 07:50 AM
For me, sleep usually heals all, though I'll take some advil or the like if I have a severe headache. It's usually slightly different for each person depending on the extent of their ailment, their body, and if they have had success with a specific treatment in the past.

Take care all.

Shlup
12-08-2004, 08:13 AM
In high school I took pain pills twenty at a time, so I generally avoid taking them now. I recommend IBProufin, and anything prescription. Vicodin and family are all good, and Soma has a habit of making everything right in the world.

Miriel
12-08-2004, 08:19 AM
I love Midol.

DeBlayde
12-08-2004, 08:52 AM
I don't take pills usually, except an occasional Excedrin for a headache.

This is apparantly a bad thing, cuz I nearly died in a hospital 4 years ago because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Apparantly all the beatings I've had and conditioning I've done has left me fairly tolerant of pain. and the hospital says to me, well see you didn't act as sick as you really were.

says I, I was close enough to death to reach out and tap it on its shoulder without extending my arm all the way. how sick do you want me to act before you fix me?

being a toughie ain't so good apparantly. :mad:

Khaotic
12-08-2004, 09:34 AM
For me, sleep usually heals all, though I'll take some advil or the like if I have a severe headache. It's usually slightly different for each person depending on the extent of their ailment, their body, and if they have had success with a specific treatment in the past.

Take care all.
same with me.

Samuraid
12-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Every once in a while...if I have a headache...generally just enough to get to sleep and sleep it off.

theundeadhero
12-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Never. I'm a toughy. I used to take codine for fun though. :shame:

Mr. Graves
12-08-2004, 01:15 PM
I deal with it unless it's excruciating, and I begin to have thoughts of amputating where the pain is.

Logan
12-08-2004, 02:17 PM
I got vicodin when I sprained my ankle, and yesterday my friend gave me half of one because I was going to pass out from cramps. (That's what her doctor gives her for her cramps >:O)

Usually I take midol or ibuprofin or whatever. I hate pain.

Dr.K
12-08-2004, 05:18 PM
I've gotta agree - i can't stand pain either, although i do usually refrain from taking most pain remedies. I think the most hardcore anagesic i've had is lemsip... :( out of interest i'd like to know what a potent painkiller felt like tho