PDA

View Full Version : She bangs, he wins

Baloki
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
William Hung is our American Idol because he couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle and he's making the most of it. If you missed the 132 AI audition specials, William "sang" the Ricky Martin hit "She Bangs" for the AI judges at the San Francisco auditions and endeared himself to the nation in the process.

It wasn't so much his one-note singing or his spastic dancing, it was his good nature and his admission: "I have no professional training. I already gave my best. I have no regrets at all."

The 20-year-old civil engineering student from UC Berkeley has apparently sparked Will-mania.

He's got his own site (of course), T-shirt and remixes of his audition hit. He's been parodied on "Saturday Night Live"; will be appearing on "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" today; and tomorrow will sing "She Bangs" at a UC Berkeley men's volleyball game. And, Zap2It reports Hung may reappear on AI later this season.

We like this guy. If it's another hoax, we don't want to know. If you're in need of a pick-me-up, check out his audition video. You'll thank us

Taken from http://www.nwfusion.com/weblogs/layer8/004170.html

DMKA
12-08-2004, 05:24 PM
You should hear his cover of R Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly, it's even better.

But yeah, William Hung is awesome...why did you feel the need to tell us something we already know?

Psychotic
12-08-2004, 06:53 PM
William Hung is awesome...why did you feel the need to tell us something we already know?In case you'd forgotten!

I love the brilliant fake rumour about him overdosing on heroin or something and dying...well...I don't love people od'ing (it was false anyway) but I just couldn't imagine William Hung doing it...well actually yeah, yeah I could.

Flying Mullet
12-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Is this guy still around? His 15 minutes of fame were over long ago.

m4tt
12-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Is this guy still around? His 15 minutes of fame were over long ago.