PDA

View Full Version : Weird habits...particularly sleeping...

Samuraid
12-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Life has been weird today, mainly due to me staying up until about 6:30am. I woke up this morning to find out that I had slept though about 75% of one of my final exams! :eek: This has happened a few times before (oversleeping and missing classes)...:mad:

So, do you have any weird habits or quirks that have gotten you into trouble or have caused strange things to happen?

Mindflare
12-09-2004, 02:07 AM
My sleep patterns are miserable. I sleep when I'm tired. Which can get in the way of a lot of things. I fell asleep a few hours ago, only just woke up to eat. There's my whole evening gone.

As for any other weird habits, I can't say I've got any.

Fuzakeru
12-09-2004, 02:11 AM
As far as sleeping goes, my sleep patterns are messed up beyond belief. I blame this on my fiancee who doesn't seem to believe sleeping at NIGHT is possible. :<3:

The only other habit I have is that I'm extremely perverted and will bring up something sexual in to a conversation at ANY minute. I can't help it. ( Well, I can but I don't want to or am either to lazy to censor myself )

DeBlayde
12-09-2004, 03:34 AM
I have a bad habit of giving good natured light little punches to my friends and coworkers. this almost got me fired one time by some old lady who thought I was assaulting her.

also I have this thing where I do this... and then I stick this over here.. and kick this thing around like that... and voila!

Shlup
12-09-2004, 03:37 AM
I went to bed after 7am today, and woke up at 4pm. Unless I have an obligation that forces me to conform to the socially accepted sleep cycle, I'm nocturnal. I've always been like this, and I guess I just lack the discipline to keep a "normal" sleep schedule unless work or school forces me to.

Martyr
12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
I have some curious psychological problem - Can't remember what it's called - but I flail about and move with my dreams in my sleep. I have a lot of violent dreams so I always punch the wall (Really freaking hard!) and wake myself up. Once I dented a metal post when I was in a bed with metal bedposts - got my knickles all bloody. And I've punched myself in the face more than 3 times.

I swear, I'm never "sleeping" with a girl.

But at least I don't ever sleep so late that I miss my tests.

Logan
12-09-2004, 03:56 AM
The only other habit I have is that I'm extremely perverted and will bring up something sexual in to a conversation at ANY minute. I can't help it. ( Well, I can but I don't want to or am either to lazy to censor myself )
I've been doing that lately. We're reading a play in American Literature in small groups, and sometimes I'll get a dictionary and look up naughty words and say the words and definitions really loud, and when I say my parts for the play, I add the word in. :)

Yamaneko
12-09-2004, 03:59 AM
I go to sleep when it's my bedtime. A bedtime my mommy setup for me. :)

muchacho
12-09-2004, 04:18 AM
my only habbit is when my ADD makes me so that i cant sit still at all, so im constintly tapping my foot during classes, and i have gotten a detention for that.

Meat Puppet
12-09-2004, 04:25 AM
I have a nasty swearing habit.

Eö Telrúnya
12-09-2004, 07:16 AM
I don't have any sleeping problems, as my internal clock always tells me when to get up out of bed so that I don't miss anything important. My nervous talking habit does get me into trouble sometimes. If I'm really nervous about being in a situation, I'll talk and talk ... and some school teachers used to get really angry with me for doing this, thinking that I was being insolent and sarcastic. Chewing a piece of gum helped that one to go away. :)

Miriel
12-09-2004, 09:46 AM
I don't believe I'll be sleeping at all tonight. It's entirely my own fault for procrastinating and allowing myself to be easily distracted, but it still sucks. God, I'm tired. :(

DMKA
12-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah...I was up all last night finishing my History portfolio...then when I woke up late this morning I only had 15 minutes till class. Somehow I made it by driving 120mph there and didn't get seen by any cops. :)

blue_midget192
12-09-2004, 05:50 PM
I went to bed after 7am today, and woke up at 4pm. Unless I have an obligation that forces me to conform to the socially accepted sleep cycle, I'm nocturnal. I've always been like this, and I guess I just lack the discipline to keep a "normal" sleep schedule unless work or school forces me to.

yup thats me too! :)

My other bad habbit is a swear loads! way too much i know. i also slip into and out of (bad) accents randomly :) quite fun realy :greenking:

Venom65437
12-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Sleep is for the weak...

I bet I average 20-25 hours of sleep a week max...

I'm not telling any other "strange" habits. :p

Chris
12-10-2004, 01:44 AM
I go to sleep when it's my bedtime. A bedtime my mommy setup for me. :)

Could you be more of a moron? :D

Cruonita-Marana
12-10-2004, 02:00 AM
I sleep walk sometimes and do stuff, like answering the phone while sleep walking, then waking up with the phone next to you with over 6 hours runnin on its time

YunaGirl05
12-10-2004, 03:50 AM
I'll like get 12 hours of sleep and still lay on the couch saying how i'm still tired.

Pam~Pam~
12-10-2004, 07:29 AM
I like sleeping, though i am not fat.. My body is like a alarm clock, i will wake up 8 hours later..if not i will feel very weak.. LoL :tongue:

Devourment
12-10-2004, 10:59 AM
I have "okay" sleeping patterns....but i always feel like a zombie in the mornings....i constantly fall out of my bed when my alarm goes of, but i do love sleeping! It is the best part of the day! :rolleyes2 :cool:
I'm a really shy person as well when it comes to seeing new people....i feel very uncomfortable with them until they win me over & i gain my confidence with them.

Polaris
12-10-2004, 12:29 PM
I sleep sometimes Sunday after lunch and at bedtime only...

Faris
12-10-2004, 12:32 PM
i hate to admit it but i sleep with a lamp on, i don't like the dark.
I can tell when someone turns off the hall light, or when somone is right infront of my face with a wet and cold nose (cristy!! dog)

:cookie:

Craig
12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Last christmas I went through a stage of waking up everyday around 1-3pm for about 2 weeks.

Devourment
12-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Last christmas I went through a stage of waking up everyday around 1-3pm for about 2 weeks.That is like me every sunday!! :D :rolleyes2 :cool: ;)

Sweet Beloved
12-11-2004, 09:58 AM
Well, I did sleepwalk to my cousin Jason's house *Which is not too far from my house* and I knocked on his door asking fer some milk. At that time, we were camping in the woods by one of the lakes near our neighbor hood. I ended up in his room, passed out on the floor. That was WIERD...

Spritz
12-11-2004, 10:13 AM

Lucky Fiancee x.x

My sleeping patterns are pretty regular these days. !2/1am - 7:50am on weedays, weekends... depends on when I stop doing stuff xD

Weird habits... one thing i'd rather not say on here and I have the habit of doing te patented 'Ace Ventura long talk in one breath thing' (But no-where near as long xD)

Shattered Chest
12-11-2004, 11:03 PM
I sleep with my head arched back towards my spine, but that hasn't caused me any trouble yet.

What has caused trouble is my babbling nonsense, which weakens my chances of being listened to when I'm actually making sense.

I suppose touching my face isn't that good a habit either.