PDA

View Full Version : Criticize or Compliment the Aeons (Possible SPOILERS)

Sky 7000 2000
12-09-2004, 02:53 AM
Thought it might be interesting to see what people think of the Aeons in this game. Choose a favourite and tell us why, or pick one you can't help but dislike, or even talk about them all! I like to talk so I thought this might be a good area to cover.

First of all I think the aeons are just amazing looking - even better that you get to control them instead of just doing their own thing and heading off to drink pyrflies (can never spell that one) or something.

I never used them much throughout the game but they are interesting to play with on spare time. (Yes they are great with being trained up to full strength, but I'm talking about the most eye catching stuff..you know what I mean!)

Valefor - Interesting bird like creature! I love the fact how from the start it seemed like it and Yuna had a special bond. Even more awe-inspiring when It came swifty and caught her in midair to assist her escape. Totally fell in love with it! Hurt me the most to have to kill it in the end :cry: . Like stabbing a best buddy in the back! Anyways, it's overdrives weren't anything special (Not even Energy Blast), great story for the aeon - useless otherwise in my opinion.

Ifrit - Can you say amazing Hellish Demon! Looks great and it's over drive is just kickarse - not the best - but pretty damn good considering you think all he had was the fire ball - untill he picks up a huge freaking bolder without a sweat! Not to mention the whole self healing with just casting fire on itself. Simply pure awesomeness!

Ixion - Very neat design - A unicornish Aeon with electrifying powers! Looks don't make up for it's over drive though - Thors Hammer wasn't worthy enough for something that looked this good! But again the healing with it's natural magic source is good.

Shiva - Absolutely Stunning! Sleek, Stylish and Sexy! Not to mention the grand entrance! Comming in all powerful and busting out with class! Making servant Yuna hold her cape! And don't forget her Cheeky Overdrive! Nothing beats calling up and ice storm to freeze foes and distroy them with a sly SNAP of the fingers. Now that's a woman! (So to speak)

Bahamut - Very dark, powerful and demonish look. His entrance was none other than pure strength and skill! But again it's the Ixion dilema - amazing disposition - CRAPPY OVERDRIVE! The megaflare in FFVII was much better! This Aeon diserved so much more! But it does make up for the faults with physical strength. Can't beat brutality and good looks ;)

Yojimbo - Loved the ancient Japanese samurai entrance! It was art! But talk about getting paid for laziness! Not to mention the fayths greed for an obscene amount of money for an aeon that wasn't even worth it! This Aeon annoied me! I paid him 200,000 Gil and all he did was his dagger-throwing ability Daigoro. I could've bought out a store! (Not literally, but you catch the drift) I did however like the dog type creature that came with it - quaintly cute. It reminded me of the foot-stool from Beauty & The Beast (Disney Movie), believe it or not. Otherwise completely useless (Except for getting the magus sisters.. :mad2: ) and annoying.

The Magus Sisters - How do you spell Ugly and Annoying! Their entrance was colourful and all, but that doesn't make up for their PMS like personalities. Take a break me arse! The only thing I did enjoy about them was their combined overdrive - encasing their enemies in a pyramid and shooting multiple non-elemental energy rays at the victim. How do you say lazer packin war! And Mindy's Passado which attacks 15 times consecutively against one enemy. Otherwise completely and drastically annoying...especially how they seem to do much better against you than with you!!...AND don't forget the ugly part! :tongue:

Anima - Saving the best for last! Not only does this bad boy come with the looks of an incredibly large bloody zomie - bound 'cause it's too strong for even itself! But also has one major bombin overdrive! Sure he lacks on the upperground area...but completely makes up for it with the bottom half! Once I saw that he even had a bottom half that just rockem socked the enemy - I was all HELL YEA! from there :D . Absolutely Incredible, not to mention it's extra neat getting to use an Aeon that belongs to the bad guy! My favorite - along with Shiva.

Well I think that's all I have to say. I look forward to seeing everyones thoughts! :love: ~Sky~

bEoWuLfX
12-09-2004, 03:21 AM
well I liked shiva because of her nakedness, but yojimbo was the best. I got him to do 9999 without overdrive and I just pay him a gil, so it's pretty sick.

DeBlayde
12-09-2004, 04:42 AM
I usually rename Bahamut Vegeta because of his attitude and the fact that he ownz all.

and I usually rename Ifrit Timmay! (from South park) cuz he has some special needs.

and Valefor becomes Gobbalz! (timmy's retarded pet turkey.) enough said.

but Bahamut is awesome. mostly because of the Dragon thing.

DarkMaelstrom
12-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Okay, I hope you'll agree with me on this one. Anima? WAY too powerful. I mean, he/she/it looks badass and all, i mean dont get me wrong. He is by no doubt the best looking aeon in the game except for heretic bahamut, but cmon people. When you first get him, all his spells do a huge amout of damage, which kills almost anything in 1 hit. But then when you attack with it, 99999 automatically, first level you get it. But I guess since you're already 90% done with the game it makes a little sense. But still in my opinion, they could've made Anima a little less badass.

Heretic Bahamut. Okay, I look at him and the first thing that comes to my mind is "Pokemon" he looks okay, but the whole circular charge thingy on his back is a little ghetto. I think square went wrong with trying to change the Mega Flare. They should've just kept it the same, having it come from nowhere.

Sky 7000 2000
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Okay, I hope you'll agree with me on this one. Anima? WAY too powerful. I mean, he/she/it looks badass and all, i mean dont get me wrong. He is by no doubt the best looking aeon in the game except for heretic bahamut, but cmon people. When you first get him, all his spells do a huge amout of damage, which kills almost anything in 1 hit. But then when you attack with it, 99999 automatically, first level you get it. But I guess since you're already 90% done with the game it makes a little sense. But still in my opinion, they could've made Anima a little less badass.

Like you said "Since you're 90% done with the game it makes sense", he better be powerful at that point. And I disagree with having him made a little less badarse because C'mon - He's Seymors Aeon right! Anything he gets because his mother is a fayth and blah from the game - has got to be pretty darn good! Especially since he tried so hard to kick you in the butt!

Heretic Bahamut. Okay, I look at him and the first thing that comes to my mind is "Pokemon" he looks okay, but the whole circular charge thingy on his back is a little ghetto. I think square went wrong with trying to change the Mega Flare. They should've just kept it the same, having it come from nowhere.

hahaha@pokemon! I agree with the whole overdrive deal, was not good at all.

Love the south park names too! hahahaha :love: ~Sky~

TheSpoonyBard
12-09-2004, 09:21 PM
his dagger-throwing ability Daigoro
His knife-throwing ability is called Kozuka. Daigoro is the name of his dog's attack.

I did however like the dog type creature that came with it
His dog is called Kogoro. You discover this in FFX-2.

My favourite aeons are Bahamut and Yojimbo. Bahamut because he has always been a favourite of mine in every FF game preceding X, even though he wasn't as impressive in this one. I think the addition of Impluse compensated for his abismal Overdrive. Yojimbo is awsome! Especially as I have somehow raised his friendship value with Yuna to the max (pay him lots, don't let him use Daigoro, don't dismiss him in battle, etc) so he attacks with Wakizashi or Zanmato as soon as I summon him, wthout the need to pay him a single gil. Shiva is pretty cool too (please excuse the pun), especially againt Anima in Macalania Temple.

Deacan
12-10-2004, 06:40 PM
I really loved Yojimbo.
Nice change from Odin.

Shiva was very cool aswell (no pun)
I did not like Bahamut, looked a bit goofy with the big thing on his back.

I wish they would change the Aeon/GF/Summon types.
Like use the Titans or the Egyptian gods :)

A new type of Knight of the Round with the Titans would be great :love:

Sky 7000 2000
12-10-2004, 10:46 PM
His knife-throwing ability is called Kozuka. Daigoro is the name of his dog's attack.
His dog is called Kogoro. You discover this in FFX-2.

I apologise for the mistake. Thank you for the correction :)

DarkMaelstrom
12-11-2004, 06:07 AM
You know, i think you are right Deacan, a good change from odin is good once in a while. the whole Zantetsuken thing was getting old, and they came up with a new attack, and for that i applaud. What i frown at is the fact you have to waste 250,000 gil (or whatever the currecny is) at least in order to acquire him. Why couldnt they just have us fight them like the rest? Well, i guess it may be because you have to fight him at the end. But still...

Del Murder
12-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Magus Sisters are awesome. They beat all the arena monsters for me. Anima is good for being able to control him, but there isn't three of him. And he doesn't have Passado.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-11-2004, 09:14 PM
SHIVA!!! She awesome not only she cool looking, she strong and her Overdrive is wicked *snaps fingers*

Danger
12-12-2004, 04:25 AM
First I'd like to say the animation and gameplay was excellent for all the aeons except for a couple exceptions....

I really wanted to see Ramuh in there instead of Ixon.

Bahamut should've looked more like Bahamut Zero or one of the other FF Bahamuts... he never looked as bad ass as usual.

Where's Leviathan?

Magus sisters should've dressed like they do in FFIV. The whole bug thing was kinda wierd.

The Yojimbo idea was kinda fun but expensive.

TheSpoonyBard
12-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Where's Leviathan?
I think they left him out as the mechanics of animating him and placing him in the battle arena would be very tricky. Water is a notoriously difficult effect to create in videogames, and having to animate a whole serpent made of the stuff would be almost beyond comprehension.