PDA

View Full Version : An interseting thought about relationships!

Little Miss Awesome
12-09-2004, 10:02 PM
:love: Do you think there is a person for everybody? Like, for every person in the world they have an ideal partner suited to them? :love:
If this mkaes any sense to anybody, please reply! I can't afford to have my first thread here totally ignored!!
Thanks!! xx

Shlup
12-09-2004, 10:04 PM
I don't think there is a person for everyone, and I believe there are several people for one person. It depends on the person.

Too many people rely on the idea that there's someone who'll just "fit" them or "complete" them. Its not that easy. If you want a relationship to work, you have to make it work, and its not an easy job.

Psychotic
12-09-2004, 10:08 PM
As there's six billion people in the world, I guess there's an extremely good possibility that there is somebody perfectly suited to someone else, although it isn't necessarily the case. In other words: Jebus x Bert.

The Captain
12-09-2004, 10:08 PM
I agree to an extent with Shlup, but I am also a believer in true love. However, in this day and age, it's so very difficult to really know or find any type of true love, so that deep down, I think you CAN find love with anyone if you are committed to them, are honest, can find common ground, and as was said, both make an honest effort.

Take care all.

Rye
12-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah, everyone has a soul mate out there. Some people just refuse to accept it.

Shlup
12-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I agree with you both; I'm just saying that too many people rely on finding their soul mate and think when they find them they'll live happily ever after.

Jowy
12-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I feel as if there's one person out there who matches perfectly with one's self.

Dking'squeen
12-09-2004, 10:26 PM
I believe that there are a few people 'suited' for you, but that there's only one 'perfect' person for you. An dit's interesting because It could be your best friend that your 'soul mate' and you won't know it. Or it could be the guy/girl walking up the block, one of the people in the market or someone on this forum or someone who aciidentally bumps you and I could go on and on with this and I know everyone got the point that I was trying to make. Sorry about this

Wuggly Blight
12-09-2004, 10:46 PM
I think some people are ment to be alone, Im sure as hell there's nobody for me.

nik0tine
12-09-2004, 10:46 PM
I believe that all humans have an inner, emotional equality, if that makes any sense. Because of this, I feel that any one person can love another person. It's just hard to see this because the most obvious things about a person are their external traits, and our external traits are not equal with one another (i.e. beauty, sense of humor, or intelligence) In other words, anybody can fall in love with anybody, because who we are is based on what we feel, and we all feel the same things. I hope all of this makes sense...

Dking'squeen
12-09-2004, 10:56 PM
I think some people are ment to be alone, Im sure as hell there's nobody for me.

You don't know that for sure.

I believe that all humans have an inner, emotional equality, if that makes any sense. Because of this, I feel that any one person can love another person. It's just hard to see this because the most obvious things about a person are their external traits, and our external traits are not equal with one another (i.e. beauty, sense of humor, or intelligence) In other words, anybody can fall in love with anybody, because who we are is based on what we feel, and we all feel the same things. I hope all of this makes sense...

It get it. It makes perfect sense

Loony BoB
12-09-2004, 10:57 PM
you don't have a soulmate just like that

you find a compatible person and then you make them into your soulmate

muchacho
12-09-2004, 11:03 PM
i think that there is someone out there for everyone, but both those people have to accept them being the right person for each other.

im pretty sure some already said that but oh well

kikimm
12-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Hmm...I really want to be cynical here, but I just don't know. There isn't really a way to prove right or wrong though; even if we all do have soulmates, there''s probably a good chance we won't meet them. They could live halfway across the world, in a place we'll never visit...but then again, if it's true love....gah, this is too confusing. I don't know. But I do think we'll all know, if we ever find that person.

:D

TheAbominatrix
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM
I don't think there is a person for everyone, and I believe there are several people for one person. It depends on the person.

Too many people rely on the idea that there's someone who'll just "fit" them or "complete" them. Its not that easy. If you want a relationship to work, you have to make it work, and its not an easy job.

Strider
12-09-2004, 11:16 PM
In a word, yes. But as the good robot says, even soulmates have to work hard to maintain a successful relationship.

MecaKane
12-09-2004, 11:42 PM
The idea of soulmates is the queerest thing I've ever heard.

Jebus
12-10-2004, 12:00 AM
I believe its possible, but like Shlup said, you have to work for it. I think its too much of a bother, therefore I don't have any interest in it.

Ryth
12-10-2004, 12:00 AM
I don't believe in soulmates I don't think it is true at all unless you do something nothing will happen to you I used to believe in fate I used to think one day some girl will talk to me and we would be together forever blah blah blah but as time went on (well not THAT long I'm only 12) and I realized unless I get the guts to talk to another girl and ask her out, nothing is going to happen.

DeBlayde
12-10-2004, 12:17 AM
I met and married my soulmate.

had one hay-ll of a time finding her, lemme tell you.

it's not been all wine and roses, either, mostly because of me and my faults. and because she leaves dirty laundry lying about. and likes shopping entirely too much. and makes the bathroom smell like girl farts. girl farts are nasty. much worse than guy farts because guy farts may stink, but girl farts just smell WEIRD.

what was I talking about?

oh yeah! sorry. alzheimer's I guess. old farts like me get that sometimes.

on a planet of 6 billion people, the likelihood of your finding the one person you're meant to be with forever are exceedingly slim. so, ya gots ta be looking, your heart and mind must be open, but at the same time, you can't be constantly looking for that person. You'll find her when you're meant to find her. Some things you can change. other things you can't change. no matter how much you want to.

why?

cuz.

Venom65437
12-10-2004, 01:21 AM
I think the perfect person for everyone does exist... but like others have said, only if you work at it. Just cause someone is meant for you doesn't mean they're just given to you and that's it.

MoonsEcho
12-10-2004, 01:41 AM
I'm in agreeance with Shlup and The Cappy. You can't just sit around in the highest room of the tallest tower, waiting for Prince/ss Charming to show up on some noble steed. You DO have to work at it. Some people have said that love is 'too much work' and that it shouldn't be hard if it's meant to be. That's poppycock. Nothing worth having ever comes easy, you know.

Chris
12-10-2004, 01:47 AM
What's all this love s*** about?

STATEMENT
We were all born alone and we'll all die alone.

So get over it.

bennator
12-10-2004, 02:01 AM
I think there are many people out there who we could end up being happy with... relationships aren't given to us, we make them.

Del Murder
12-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Nah.

Dking'squeen
12-10-2004, 02:30 AM
I'm in agreeance with Shlup and The Cappy. You can't just sit around in the highest room of the tallest tower, waiting for Prince/ss Charming to show up on some noble steed. You DO have to work at it. Some people have said that love is 'too much work' and that it shouldn't be hard if it's meant to be. That's poppycock. Nothing worth having ever comes easy, you know.

I agree. Of course you have to work for it. You have to work for everything that's worthwhile. Sometimes, it's a great reward. Some people say that it's not worth the effort, but hey, I say that you haven't met the person who will make all of that trouble 'worth it'. But that's just me, so no one please get angry. Well, i think you'll feel it when it's the right person. (or cat, dog, chipmunk, rat, roach, just naming things at random here) Well, I hope that that made sense to everyone:D

The Captain
12-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Just curious, of the people who don't believe in soulmates or love, how many are currently in a relationship?

Take care all.

Behold the Void
12-10-2004, 10:04 AM
I believe there are many people that you might possibly form a lasting relationship all over the world. It's just a matter of finding that person, and snagging them, so to speak.

Anaisa
12-10-2004, 11:48 AM
I believe in soulmates but i don't think everyone is going to find theres. And i don't think you have to go out looking for them i think fate will do that job for you.

Dr.K
12-10-2004, 01:17 PM
When you look at biology, love seems to be a very superficial thing - some chemicals shift around in the brain and voila - you're emotionally attached to someone (a smidge more complex than that). However, although it makes sense in one aspect, i really do dislike that 'theory' of love - i see it as something spiritual, alot more than trivial. I do believe in true love, but what's getting to me now is that if you meet someone who you just absolutely know is right for you - and, well, things don't work out - where does your path lie then? People who lose their partners to death and then remarry confuse me as well. If i loved someone enough to actually marry them, im not too sure if i could replace that person. Then again, i guess you can't really comment on that unless it happens. I do believe you have to work hard to make love work, but i don't think just any two people could have a flourishing life together by just trying hard. There's some unseen forces at work perhaps :-\

I believe in soulmates but i don't think everyone is going to find theres. And i don't think you have to go out looking for them i think fate will do that job for you.

That's it!

Craig
12-10-2004, 01:37 PM

Faris
12-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I believe that people have soul mates. i havn't found mine yet :(
Me and my friend are soul mate hunting :D :p

:cookie:

Rainecloud
12-10-2004, 04:21 PM
I like to think there's someone for everyone, but I lot of people I know can't seem to get along with anyone. A relationship takes time and effort, and not many couples these days are willing to put forth the time and effort to help a relationship grow and become strong. But, there are many good people who do strive to make relationships work, and to those people, I wish the best of luck.

Personally, I'm waiting. For what, I don't know. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

TheAbominatrix
12-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Just curious, of the people who don't believe in soulmates or love, how many are currently in a relationship?

Take care all.

I dont believe in soulmates, so I guess I shall respond. I'm currently in a relationship, and we're 'engaged to be engaged' (read: too poor to buy a ring currently).

Jojee
12-10-2004, 07:40 PM
There are many people for every person ^_^ You've just got to find one...~ I've found one.

Nephiliam
12-11-2004, 04:46 AM
you don't have a soulmate just like that

you find a compatible person and then you make them into your soulmate

I like how you put that. :)

I do believe there is someone for everyone. You just can't give up looking or you may never find that person. But as Loony BoB said, you also find a person who fits well with yourself, as they are and form a special bond with them.. therefore making them your soulmate. And who knows how long it takes to form that bond.. depends on the people involved I guess. :)

Shlup
12-11-2004, 04:48 AM
I dont believe in soulmates, so I guess I shall respond. I'm currently in a relationship, and we're 'engaged to be engaged' (read: too poor to buy a ring currently).
Ditto that, except we're not too poor to buy a ring, just too responsible. And by "too responsible" I mean :cry: .

I guess on some level I do believe in soulmates, but not in the way like "oh we're just meant to be". Like I've said before, you gotta work at it.

DeBlayde
12-11-2004, 05:16 AM
I believe in soulmates. and I'm married to mine. does that count, Captain?

Sweet Beloved
12-11-2004, 06:29 AM
I believe that there is always person for everyone. You just have to find them. They're out there, waiting for you.

Super Christ
12-11-2004, 10:12 AM
While I absolutely believe in the idea of true love, I don't really know about soulmates. I guess I don't believe in them. I guess I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it's certainly nice to imagine there's someone perfect for me, and it's nice to imagine that I'd be guaranteed to meet this person. On the other hand, I absolutely hate the very idea of fate, much less the idea that fate is setting me up with someone. Fate can bend over and [censored]. Plus, everything I've ever seen in my life suggests there's no such thing as soulmates.

DMKA
12-11-2004, 11:04 AM
No, I pretty much agree with Shlup.

Little Miss Awesome
12-11-2004, 11:24 AM
I believe that there is always person for everyone. You just have to find them. They're out there, waiting for you.
This is almost exactly what I think, only like what somebody said before, some people won't accept it or think the wrong person is there soulmate, when they're actually not! :love:

Peegee
12-11-2004, 04:42 PM
We had a tedious discussion on this in philosophy class (Symposium), and one of the silly issues the little kids came up with is 'if you had a soulmate and he/she died, would the next person after be 'less' loved?'

I just kept quiet. Personally I don't believe in a soulmate, but I do believe there's 'somebody' for you out there, meaning that unless you're a total social disaster you should be able to find somebody...just that it's difficult the more eccentric you are.

And I'm rather eccentric.

YunaGirl05
12-12-2004, 02:41 AM
I think there is someone for everyone. BUT i don't think everyone finds that person. which is kinda sad.

bennator
12-12-2004, 05:07 AM
In response to the Captain... I don't believe in soulmates, and am currently in a relationship that I feel to be quite successful.

meowwl
12-12-2004, 05:10 AM
I don't think that there is a soul mate for everyone. I think that a real relationship is when two(or more) unique people choose to bridge their differences with love. And yet I have seen people who seem to be meant for each other..an attraction like gravity. The two involved seem to orbit one another, sometimes becoming distant, sometimes coming so close they seem like one person in two bodies.

=Angelus=
12-12-2004, 06:12 AM
Urggh... this is starting to remind me of that "Find a girl for that wierd son of yours" guy in FFX-2 calm plains...

well.. i feel its more comprehensive this way... "No one is perfect until you fall in love with him/her" that may be the reason why people in love say 'i've found my soulmate'
still... it also parallels the logic that you'll always find something "in the last place you look"... it may also be the first place, but you'll definitely stop looking after you found it ya?

maybe its rightfully so that Cupid shoots his arrows blindfolded, so everyone who is willing can be a player in the game of love.

yup.. i haven't been with anyone before.. but i certainly hope i be given the chance... "With all my childhood fantasies.. and all true hope... i await you, my unfound princess, i await you........... Let me be with you.."