PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dimebag

Pure Strife
12-09-2004, 10:29 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=762&e=1&u=/ap/20041209/ap_en_ot/obit_dimebag

The hell?

I wasn't sure if this should go in the Lounge or Current Events. Meh. But still, this sucks.

Rainecloud
12-09-2004, 10:30 PM
That is quite unbelievable. Everyone will be paranoid at concerts now.

Meat Puppet
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I didn't see that coming!

Didn't know him personally though. Liked his music, but never met the guy.

Psychotic
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
:(

PS: Striff why do you have such a cute avatar?

Dr.K
12-09-2004, 10:32 PM
I can't really believe it either. Sad times.

Shlup
12-09-2004, 10:39 PM
I wasn't sure if this should go in the Lounge or Current Events. Meh. But still, this sucks.
So you put it in neither. Nice.

Seems like most musician/actor death threads are in the Lounge, so that is where this shall move to.

theundeadhero
12-10-2004, 12:05 AM
*sad sad*

MecaKane
12-10-2004, 12:08 AM
People being assholes and shooting other people isn't really anything out of the ordinary, either. D:

Pantera's cool, he rocked.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-10-2004, 02:12 AM
He certantly did. I have his poster on my wall.

RIP, dude.

eestlinc
12-10-2004, 02:58 AM
this was the first thing I saw when I started my computer at work this morning. Very disturbing.

The Captain
12-10-2004, 08:00 AM
How did someone get a gun into the concert? That disturbs me to be frank.

He truly was a revolutionary metal guitarist and a giant of rock and roll. This is not the way it should have ended. May he rest in peace and continue to party and rock where ever his spirit takes him. He will be missed but not forgotten.

Take care all.

Captain Maxx Power
12-10-2004, 11:22 AM
I can't express how I really feel about this as it'll break the TOS. But I will say that Pantera are on of my favourite bands ever, and the momentum of Damageplan was only just to say getting going, and it was all good. This is truly a sad day for rock and metal music.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-10-2004, 02:21 PM
How did someone get a gun into the concert? That disturbs me to be frank.

Not a concert at a large venue like a stadium or anything. Just a small little club. THey always pat you down at big venues, but of all the small shows I've been to I've never been checked. *shrug*

I'm sure that'll change, though.

thornwithin
12-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Apparently the dude jumped a fence and was being chased by security guards when he ran up on stage. Also, this venue was running pretty low security to begin with.

I've been playing Pantera all day in memory. He was such a freaking amazing guitar player.

meowwl
12-12-2004, 06:15 AM
:cry: :crying: :weep: I saw Damage Plan live at Rockfest in May...They sooo Rocked..they were on the way up. Stupid crazy BASTARD! :hot: You can look at rockfest pics at 989therock.com (http://www.989therock.com) it's a flash site..just click photos, next, damage plan.

The Man
12-12-2004, 08:35 PM
I'd just started downloading their complete discography when the news was broken to me. Really freaked me out. Pantera made absolutely amazing music, some of the best thrash-metal I've ever heard, and it would be an understatement to say that this is a tremendous loss to the music community.

Does anyone else feel a bit freaked out by the fact that this happened on the anniversary of John Lennon's birthday?

Chaos
12-12-2004, 11:14 PM
I've never really listened to much Pantera, but its a tragic waste of a great talent.

Whenever someone gets shot its a shame, and to kill someone onstage in full view of hunderds of people is callous and downright disgusting.

RIP.

Chaos