PDA

View Full Version : ya know, this is entirely anticlimatic.

DeBlayde
12-10-2004, 12:00 AM
i mean, I've been busy busy busy busy all semester. workin' my buttockses to the boneses. and now, here it is at the end of the semester. Up till Tuesday, I've been stressing and working and sweating and weeping, and now that I've turned in my one project, nothing.

I've got an exam, one paper and the accompanying presentation yet to accomplish, but... nothing.

I mean Geez! I've worked and slaved and paid out the nose for this stuff! I demand a better ending at the end of the whole process than this! Dammit! *rant* *rave* *throwing desks* *throwing people*

ok. that was fun. and much more climactic.

EDIT: ps. I'm talking about the end of my last semester in college for a while. it's been 6 years. no more starving college student for this one, oh yes.

EDIT by Yams: To give this a topic: How do you feel after working so hard for something and in the end not getting anything in return?

EDIT by DeBlayde: But it wasn't supposed to be a topic! I was just mentioning the anticlimatic aspect of no reinforcement for all the miriade operant tasks I've been doing lately.

Shlup
12-10-2004, 12:04 AM
:cookie:?

Chris
12-10-2004, 01:50 AM
<b>Edit by Yamaneko: That's not very nice. Don't do that again.</b>

Shoeberto
12-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Congrats. Sounds like you did a lot of hard work.

Now for job/family/babies/grandchildren/retiring.

theundeadhero
12-10-2004, 01:59 AM
*Gets thrown across the room* WWWEEEEEEEEEEE!

eestlinc
12-10-2004, 03:16 AM
hello babies, welcome to earth!

Shlup
12-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Who cares? My finals are done and I am going to spend the entire next few days sleeping, drinking, and playing Dawn of War.

DeBlayde
12-10-2004, 04:41 AM
thank you for the cookie, by the way, Shlup.

Yamaneko
12-10-2004, 04:51 AM
Well, this thing does need a topic. :(

DarknessFromAbove
12-10-2004, 04:51 AM
. . . sometimes it's so good being an adolescent :D . . . or is it? :shifty:

Kirobaito
12-10-2004, 04:57 AM
*tries to give thread a topic*

Errr...I have finals Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week. But in my school district, to encourage actually <i>going</i> to school, if you have less than 3 absences over the semester and a 70 average, you are exempt from taking that class's final. If you're exemption-eligible and choose to take the final anyway, it can only help your grade. I'm exempt from all of mine, so I'll only be going to school on Wednesday and Thursday, and only from 7:45-9:50 on those days. :D

DeBlayde
12-10-2004, 07:40 AM
no! no topics! bad! no cookie for you!

I wouldn't really know whether it's good or bad to be an adolescent since I've not been one ... in... far too long apparantly. let's see. been about ... close to 7 years. god I'm old.

i need to start hanging out with 30 year olds. that'll make me feel nice and young. :D

Rainecloud
12-10-2004, 07:48 AM
I work hard and then make something of it. It's difficult, but it is possible, so I'd encourage you to give it a try. If I was in your situation, I'd probably be happy with all the extra time off (as I only get twelve days holiday per year). But, then again, I'm not in your situation, so I couldn't say how I'd react for sure.

Well done for working so hard. You deserve the rest. Try to enjoy it.