PDA

View Full Version : What a Shame, no weapons to fight!!!

Devourment
12-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Yes come on people give me your opinions, i personally think that this was a big let down on the game!!!
I would of been so fun to fight another weapon....they could of invented something like a Crystal weapon, now that would of been cool!!
So come on, please reply!!

:) ;) :cool:

Polaris
12-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I personally don't like FF9, but I thought that it has weapons... Quina has some kind of knife and fork I think.... if FF9 doesn't have weapons i a real shame!

theundeadhero
12-10-2004, 12:00 PM
They weren't weapons but they were still super bosses. Ozma and ?hades?

Devourment
12-10-2004, 01:32 PM
I personally don't like FF9, but I thought that it has weapons... Quina has some kind of knife and fork I think.... if FF9 doesn't have weapons i a real shame!No i mean ones like in FF7 like the Ruby & Emerald weapons, plus Hades & Ozma were too easy!

Xander
12-10-2004, 01:52 PM
The beach ball was bad enough ;__;

Devourment
12-10-2004, 02:21 PM
The beach ball was bad enough ;__;heh heh
Beach ball,thats cool & funny!
He was'nt that hard. :) ;) :cool:

Xander
12-10-2004, 03:39 PM
I never even attempted him. xD The end bosses were enough of a (reasonable) challenge for me. Watched a friend fight the beach ball, I don't think she quite beat him though.

Old Manus
12-10-2004, 04:18 PM
THE NAME IS OZMA

Xander
12-10-2004, 04:48 PM
OMFG CHILL OUT MAN

Ultima Shadow
12-10-2004, 04:50 PM
What a Shame, no weapons to fight!!!
Agreed.

I would of been so fun to fight another weapon....they could of invented something like a Crystal weapon, now that would of been cool!!

Disagreed. NEVER replace Omega or Ultima Weapon!!! Ultima Weapon is the most important boss in game history! :tongue:

THE NAME IS OZMA
I prefere beach ball. :p And, yea... I think his hp was way to low... but... yea, whatever. :cool:

m4tt
12-10-2004, 05:08 PM
It didn't bother me too much, I didn't enjoy fighting the weapons in FF7 or FF8 anyway.

Slade
12-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Hmmm.....they could of had Cheese Weapons......all made of cheese.

Cheddar Weapon
Edam weapon
Motzerella weapon
Parmeson weapon
Swiss Weapon
Colby Weapon
etc
etc

Devourment
12-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Agreed.

Disagreed. NEVER replace Omega or Ultima Weapon!!! Ultima Weapon is the most important boss in game history! :tongue:

I prefere beach ball. :p And, yea... I think his hp was way to low... but... yea, whatever. :cool:Not replaceing them just suggesting to produce another weapon different to the ones in 7.
There was Diamond, Ruby,& Emareld in 7 so if there was a crystal one in 9 it would be different. :cool: ;)I know the weapons in 7 are the masters of weapons...but they could of at least put one in 9, or they could of put Ultima weapon in. Just think how cool it would of been! :cool: :cool: ;)

Polaris
12-11-2004, 09:59 AM
No i mean ones like in FF7 like the Ruby & Emerald weapons, plus Hades & Ozma were too easy!

Well at leats in FF7, Ruby and Emrlad are hard enough so you can just, seat realax and try to beat them... In FF8 there weren't any weapons... just Ultima weapon, right?

Devourment
12-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Yep just the Ultima one in the Deep reasearch centre, but there is a Omega weapon in Ultimecia's castle which is quite hard!
It's not the battles themselves that are hard, it's just the preperations to them which are really annoying!!! :) ;) :cool:

Polaris
12-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I never played FFIX I just have seen how to play it... and it seemed that it was the same as FF7... easy though!

Devourment
12-11-2004, 11:39 AM
I never played FFIX I just have seen how to play it... and it seemed that it was the same as FF7... easy though!
Kind of but 7 is much, much better!!

Fate Fatale
12-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Why do people love VII? IX had better characters, a deeper plot, and a very unique storyline... VII was fighting... ONLY fighting... no real plot only about two of the characters were really explained through the story... "We here at X-Play rate FF VII not a 5, not a 4, not a 3, not a 2, but a 1 out of 5!"

Devourment
12-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Why do people love VII? IX had better characters, a deeper plot, and a very unique storyline... VII was fighting... ONLY fighting... no real plot only about two of the characters were really explained through the story... "We here at X-Play rate FF VII not a 5, not a 4, not a 3, not a 2, but a 1 out of 5!"
I dont love VII, i actually prefer VI to any other of the series!
I'm not slagging IX of just would of been better with weapons to fight. :) ;) :cool:

BudSoda02
12-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Ozma's easy? Hades is easy? Since when? I was at level 78 when :I defeated Hades. It took me 2 hours to defeat him. I had to use a highly defensive strategy to defeat him. I had Dagger, Eiko, Quina & Zidane. At first I just stole with Zidane; Summoned for Eiko & Dagger; & just attacked with Quina, trying random abilities. (Oddly Quina was the level 78, while everyone else was ~75. She could take turns much faster, even faster than Zidane. Soon Hades wore me down & I had to Cast Curaga with Eiko & Dagger & White Wind with Quina. You better make sure you have all of these abilities or it's pretty much instant game over. I'm not going to tell you how to learn white wind. Sorry 'bout that, it should be on the FFIX portion of the site, under Bonus Strategy, or you could just go to PlayOnline. With Ozma I was Level 90 & bought in my strongest Characters at level 90. They were Steiner, Vivi, Eiko & Zidane & I got wiped out completely in 3 turns... I tried various combinations of abilities & still got nowhere. I just gave up & finished the game. It takes forever to get to level 99. Those little ram type things that give you tons of experience just wiped me out if they were in groups larger than two. One time I got all three & Eiko was the only character alive with about 3hp left. Oh well... I'm usually REALLY good at RPG's. Anyway Ozma & Hades are no easy pickings. But you get some of the best things in the game for defeating them...
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Sepho
12-22-2004, 04:51 PM
I've never had a problem with Hades, and I've fought him with a party which had an average experience level in the upper 50's. My Level 70's party can take him down in two turns, but it sometimes takes a little while to steal everything, especially the Robe of Lords, if Master Thief isn't equipped.

Ozma, however, is more difficult than any Weapon from any FF game I've ever fought. He only has 55,535 HP, but it's amazing how fast he can wipe out your party. Luck plays a big role, as well as a lot of leveling up. The stat bonuses your characters receive from the higher levels-up aren't significant, but the ability points you gain are essential. You need to have a myriad of status-preventing and Auto-* abilities equipped. Auto-Haste and Auto-Life are especially important. Ozma is proof that HP doesn't dictate difficulty when it comes to boss fights.

Braindead_Paul
12-22-2004, 10:28 PM
I think they're both not really hard. At Level ~60 Shock and Dragon's Crest should do about 9000 damage. Thievery does about 4000 damage. So it didn't take me more than 5-7 turns to beat them.

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 10:45 PM
I think they're both not really hard. At Level ~60 Shock and Dragon's Crest should do about 9000 damage. Thievery does about 4000 damage. So it didn't take me more than 5-7 turns to beat them.
Dragon's Crest doesn't do dammage depending on level... it does dammage depending on how many Grand Dragons you've killed. So you can do 9999 dammage at level 1!!! I've acyually beaten Ozma with a level 1 party. :cool: Ozma is neither easy or hard. Ozma is both. Ozma is extremely random so... one time he/she/it may be a complete pushover while another time he/she/it may be the hardest fight you've ever fought. :cool:

bakabakabaka
12-23-2004, 12:09 AM
Ozma is LOADS easier if you've done the cute animal side quest!!! it brings his attack and magic down!! i didn't do it myself, my brother did...but still!!! i'm almost there with my game!!
i think that the bosses are good in FFIX. Quale is tough and hades can be hard if your not perpared.
i think that with a weapon it would bee too much like VII. IX had it's fair share of great bosses, i mean kuja was easy but sooooooooooooooooooooooo kamp!!! amazing!!

Braindead_Paul
12-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Dragon's Crest doesn't do dammage depending on level... it does dammage depending on how many Grand Dragons you've killed. So you can do 9999 dammage at level 1!!!

:eek: I didn't know that. But I killed _MANY_ Grand Dragons leveling up.

Heath
12-23-2004, 11:23 AM
The book in the Alexandrian library (it's name escapes me right now, it begins with a 'T') was quite a reasonable challenge, which made up for the lack of weapons, in my opinion. Especially with the array of characters you have to use (Amarant, Freya, Vivi and Zidane, I believe).

Edit: Quick search and I found it's called Tantarian.

Sepho
12-24-2004, 08:17 AM
:eek: I didn't know that. But I killed _MANY_ Grand Dragons leveling up.

Yeah, me too. I usually gain at least fourty levels just by killing Grand Dragons outside of Gizamaluke's Grotto. It allows Freya a consistent 9,999 damage for only 16 MP. Paired with her relatively high amount of MP, and high defense when equipped with the Grand Armor, she's quite a force. I've always argued that she's just as useful as Steiner.

Lon611
12-24-2004, 08:20 AM
hey, i kno this isn't ffix, but i was wondering if nemesis is considered a weapon?

oh i don't remember the book in ffix. are there more that u can fight?it sounds like fun :D

Ichimonji
12-24-2004, 09:12 AM
I guess you could consider Nemesis a weapon, since it's known as 'Omega Gold". If it's not an official weapon, it's definitely the offspring of a weapon. Or maybe you could call it the mother of Ultima and Omega Weapon.

Az Lionheart
12-24-2004, 09:12 AM
No i mean ones like in FF7 like the Ruby & Emerald weapons, plus Hades & Ozma were too easy!
i see your point and the so called "super bosses" were to easy but they would never put weapons in the game as it was done in FF7 and it would just be copying it. also i dont think there would be any desent way in incorparating the weapons in the FF9 worlds. i also agree with Divinity that this game was not the best and i feel it could have been so much better than it was. :D

Heath
12-24-2004, 11:58 AM
I think that Square may have decided to re-use the Four Fiends (Malaris, Kraken, Tiamat and Lich) instead of the Weapons as well.

Slade
12-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Dont think so. They where more like the Bosses in Ultimecias Casle.

Heath
12-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Dont think so. They where more like the Bosses in Ultimecias Casle.

I was more thinking of them guarding the shrines. If we are to assume the definition of a Weapon is that of FFVII, which was to protect the planet, then the Fiends guarding the shrine, and protecting the gateway to Terra, would aliken them to Weapons, by protecting Terra.

That's just one interpretation of it.

Alexander
01-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Ozma - I never fought it. I hate Choco Hot and Cold >.<

Hades - The first time he was easy, but now he used a attack that killed Dagger, Vivi and Eiko o.o Now I think he is very hard.

Tantarian - CD2: VERY VERY VERY VERY hard.
CD3: Not sooo hard now o.o'

Quale - Hard, but if you equip water absorbing equipment the fun will say "Bye-bye, pushover" and go away o.o

Slade
01-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I was more thinking of them guarding the shrines. If we are to assume the definition of a Weapon is that of FFVII, which was to protect the planet, then the Fiends guarding the shrine, and protecting the gateway to Terra, would aliken them to Weapons, by protecting Terra.

That's just one interpretation of it.

Only thing wrong with that is that you cant face them as super bosses later on so the answer is no there is no weapons but yes there is an equivilent......which is Hades and Ozma.

BTW i loved Chocobo Hot and Cold, it was the best FF chocobo minigame ever.....and i hate chocobos! :D It definatly beat that pathetic race thing in seven....if you can call it a race.

Christmas
05-17-2022, 03:40 AM
Do the Solo Quina Challenge!