View Full Version : Feel the Magic

Tidus Andronicus
12-10-2004, 03:01 PM
"RUB IT!"

Flash movie:
http://www.sega.com/games/game_movies.php?game=feelthemagic
Screenshots:
http://www.sega.com/games/game_screenshots.php?game=feelthemagic

If your gonna get a DS, which I highly recommend, get this game! Its done by those guys that did Sonic, Nights into Dreams, and Space Channel 5.
Its the most adictive game I've played since Katamari Damacy xD. (my other favorite game lol. I know its not been that long since KD came out, but whatever.)

The Japanese name for the game (Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru) translates to "I will die for you", but for some reason for the American release they decided to go with "Feel the Magic"... (frankly, I thought the first sounds better.)

First glance at the cover may have you wondering... "hmmm, if I get this game with the hot chick with no face on the cover... what are people gonna think of me xD."
Then once you put it in the DS you think, "Lol, whats going on... O_o is this a dating sim."
Finally, "I don't care what it is, its fun and adictive, and it freaks out my parents." xD

Well, its not a dating sim, not at all... its just a game made up of about 20 mini games that show off the DS's abilities, and its got a wacky story based on getting the girl of your dreams... oh, and there are big candles from another dimension, puking up gold fish, and rub rabbits here and there. lol

The look of the game is quite amazing for the little DS. 3D models of people are cell shaded black to provide a very interesting artistic feel, and maybe its also to let you have your imagination xD. It doesn't look that great at first... until they start moving and the camera angle changes.

All and all, this game is the neatest thing I could have hoped to see on the DS, at least until that Animal Crossing game comes out for it... or they Release that KD game for it. (just a rumor)
Since there are only like what, 10 games out right now for DS tops... this game is easilly up there with Mario 64 and Metriod.

Only flaw I found was that it was a little short... but the extras make up for it enough.

Check out that link ^ for a flash trailer of it.

Anyone else here play this yet? ^_^ Its definantly worth $30
What other games are you people getting on DS?

I can't figure out if the line in the song is "Rub it", "Love it", "Rabbit", or "live it" O_o...