PDA

View Full Version : What eyes on Final Fantasy mean to you

Tarshish
12-10-2004, 04:54 PM
I've been coming here off and on for about 5 years now. It's hard to imagine I was 16 when I first came here. Now I'm a legal aged college student. Anyway, I just love the fact that every once in a while I can come back and look over the forums and see the names of people who I used to talk to a couple of years ago. It reminds me of the funny conversations we had in the chat room. I'm glad that Cid could make such a place. It's funny that over time the description of the general discussion area changed from "good conversation with good people" to "good conversation with erm... tolerable people". I'm glad that I stumbled upon this site while looking for help in Final Fantasy VII. I had almost forgot about this site until out of the blue I get a happy birthday e-mail from here on my 21st birthday. It made me feel good. It might have just been an automated e-mail (not really sure if it is or not), but that means a lot. I'm glad that this place is always here if I need help in not only a Final Fantasy game but nearly anything. I'm also curious if and when someone like me who isn't always a regular comes back and posts, does anyone remember them? If not I don't care, I'm glad to sit back in the shadows most of the time.

So what does Eyesonff mean to all of you? How long have you been a member?

All in all I raise my glass (not right now since it's 11 in the morning) to probably the best online community I've ever found.

Xander
12-10-2004, 05:00 PM
It's a great community, whether any of us still play FF or not. I've made a lot of friends here and met so many different, great, and fun people. It does feel kinda like we are all one big online family. And I've been here since...August 03 so..a little more than a year I guess.

theundeadhero
12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
I started coming here 3 years ago. It's been off and on since then because of the military (I got swiped away in the big wipe) but I always come back. To me it's a social outlet. A place where I can feel "not-introverted" and talk about stuff noone in real life would care about. I'm fairly sure noone remembers me during my leaves (I had to prove it to get my custom title back) and it makes me sad to know that here soon I'll be gone for a year again and will have to start all over again.

Ultima Shadow
12-10-2004, 05:18 PM
EoFF means alot to me. It's the best online community in the world! :love:

I've made a lot of friends here and met so many different, great, and fun people. It does feel kinda like we are all one big online family.
Yea, same here... it's really a beautifull place... :)

it makes me sad to know that here soon I'll be gone for a year again and will have to start all over again.
Don't worry. I'll remember you. ;)

Necronopticous
12-10-2004, 05:29 PM
I've only been here for a few months but its definately the best forum I've ever been a member of. I've never been a member on a Golden Girls forum though so who knows.

fire_of_avalon
12-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Wow, Xander joined only a month or so before me. I remember thinking you'd been here forever.

Weird. ^_^

Anyways, I really like this place, even though I'm not "close" to anybody. I have the people I talk to on a regular occasion, but I don't think I've formed any super strong best friend bonds. I think I could though, because everybody here is (USUALLY) intelligent, wellspoken, and above all else very approachable and friendly. I've never really been a part of anything else where I feel comfortable talking to people exclusively online, and I do here.

EoFF is neat :)

Mindflare
12-10-2004, 05:41 PM
I joined in March 2001. Mere days after it moved from an EZBoard. I guess I've been here for what will be 4 years in a few months. Egads...

I've always enjoyed coming here, even though there were long periods where I didn't. Any time I return, I always feel the warmth, happiness, and most importantly, strength of the community. Whether it's in the forums, or in chat, I'm always just happy to be around. I owe a lot to Eyes On FF. So much in fact, I may have to submit my first born to it.

Xander
12-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Wow, Xander joined only a month or so before me. I remember thinking you'd been here forever.

Weird. ^_^

Hehe I still feel like something of a newbie to most of the people that have been here for years. ^_^;;

DeBlayde
12-10-2004, 11:18 PM
this's the only forum I go to. while at times debating has been quite frustrating, to the point of enfuriating, but you get that with people.

I like this place. It's a great place to come and read thoughts, post thoughts, back up my thoughts with philosophy and scientific research which seems to frustrate people which is also funny. ya know. good times.:D

also a great place to be silly.
being silly is good. everybody should have a daily silly quota. and if they haven't fulfilled their daily quota of silly, then they would need to do pushups or something. yeah. Hindu pushups. which're harder than divebombers. 20 of them.:D

fire_of_avalon
12-10-2004, 11:24 PM
being silly is good. everybody should have a daily silly quota. and if they haven't fulfilled their daily quota of silly, then they would need to do pushups or something. yeah. Hindu pushups. which're harder than divebombers. 20 of them.:D

Yes. I agree. Let's make this policy.

Chaos
12-10-2004, 11:39 PM
I've made some really good friends here. I love it, I feel like part of such a great thing. Sometimes, I'm just here and it hits me, I'm talking to people from all over the world. It's such a great feeling to know that whereever you go, there are people with the same interests.
I like it lots.

Chaos

Maxico
12-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I've been here longer than quite a few people. Still kinda feel like a newbie :p .

StarlightAngel
12-10-2004, 11:49 PM
I've been here since last summer. I'm still kinda new. Kinda. Sorta. A little bit.

I've found many friends here. Everyone's pretty cool. I can talk about a lot more things here than in the real world, it seems. :)

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 12:28 AM
I've been following the little bit of sillyness quota for quite a while now.

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 12:39 AM
I think I;m falling in love with this place. :love: :love: I've met SOOOOOO many people and have a couple friends. *looks to Faris and Sephirothchick and glances to everyone else* Everyone's here cool, some are a bit crazy, psychotic, funny, friendly, everyone's something here and it's a great place to come chat about anything. *hugs EoFF tight* Yay, I love this site! *squeezes*

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Everyone's here cool, some are a bit crazyHow can they not be when there's so many cheese fetishes and foot funguses?

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 12:45 AM
How can they not be when there's so many cheese fetishes and foot funguses?

I think that even I may be going crazy...oh no.....i might leave now...

Chris
12-11-2004, 12:47 AM
I really enjoy this site... so many great people with great minds and personalities.

I'm really truly sorry for my little rudeness yesterday :)

Del Murder
12-11-2004, 02:33 AM
Eyeson is my place to unwind and relax after a long day of self-loathing. That means a lot to me. This place is awesome!

Faris
12-11-2004, 02:46 AM
i've been here for a month now and veiwing for about 4 months

I really enjoy this site... so many great people with great minds and personalities.
It's a great community, whether any of us still play FF or not. I've made a lot of friends here and met so many different, great, and fun people. It does feel kinda like we are all one big online family
i agree.
i'd rather spend my life here then go back to my crummy reality :mad:

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Eyeson is my place to unwind and relax after a long day of self-loathing. That means a lot to me. This place is awesome!

Self-loathing? WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!:love: :love: :love: :love:
This place IS awesome!

-N-
12-11-2004, 03:44 AM
My stay here always seems too long, my reasons for coming here always seem to be the wrong reasons, in fact, every concept associated with this place has some sort of negative connotation to it relative to me. But I do it anyways, because I've been here for freaking ever. I sometimes find myself thinking about stuff and decide "Hey, that'd make a good thread". And then I almost get banned from making threads. So that's a more concrete example of all the crap I just spewed out.

Hell, it's just fun sometimes.

Nephiliam
12-11-2004, 04:32 AM
I've been here since late 2001.. but I've moved alot and forgot my passwords for both accounts and emails so I've had to get a new account 3 times. Last time I registered, I was Star.. if anyone remembers Star. ;D I come here for the community. Everyone here feels like family to me, even though I don't know most. Just seeing the names alot for 3 years has made me feel like that. =) I don't post all the time, but I try to post when I come here. EoFF means alot to me.. it is the only place I go online, other than my LJ! xD

Shlup
12-11-2004, 04:43 AM
Eh, its something to do. *shrug*

Agent Proto
12-11-2004, 05:01 AM
It's fun, and I enjoy the place. I also have friends from the place, but I'm only able to chat with them at #eoff. Which is fun. <3

Kirobaito
12-11-2004, 05:04 AM
I'm sure it's more fun because you're so gelatinous, Proto. :D *randomly bothers you about that*

ANYWAY...>.< I said what I wanted to say in my Christmas cards, but EoFF has been an experience that I've never had in my life. The friends I've made here are some of the closest I have, and I thank you all for showing me a kindness and acceptance that I rarely ever find outside of this place.

Tarshish
12-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Please tell me someone remembers me!!! anyway I'm glad that this place means a lot to a lot of people :)

Shoeberto
12-12-2004, 12:50 AM
I've learned a lot and met some good people. Worth it.

bennator
12-12-2004, 05:05 AM
I came here as a 13 year old disturbed child, just out of middle school...Now I'm 17, disturbed in different, better ways, and have changed a lot. However, I really don't think EoFF has been really a cause of the change, it's been more of a constant over the time that I changed.