PDA

View Full Version : The fastest way to get into the EoFF community

Loony BoB
12-10-2004, 05:09 PM
What do you think? This one's for the newbies! :)

Mindflare
12-10-2004, 05:49 PM
#eoff
(That's how I did it.)

Though, as of late, the forums and chat seem a bit separated, don't see many forumgoers in the chat and viceversa.

I'd say posting, and being a noteworthy poster is the best way to get noticed around here. You can't just be a generic lump.

MecaKane
12-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Though, as of late, the forums and chat seem a bit separated, don't see many forumgoers in the chat and viceversa.
And that's how we like it! :love:

Flying Mullet
12-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Why try to get into the EoFF community fast? Not arguing, just hoping that people become known because they are making friends with the other members and contributing to the site/forums and not trying to become popular and visible through any means possible.

Spritz
12-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Good posts, original threads, chatting in EoFF, IMs, New events and doing something hilarious... I can honestly say I've done none of these things, goes to show, eh? xD

Mindflare
12-10-2004, 05:58 PM
And that's how we like it! :love:

Is it?

Yamaneko
12-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Post lots because I don't think anyone got as famous as The Man so quickly. Well actually he did the first three on that list. So maybe the answer is to do multiple things on that list.

crono_logical
12-10-2004, 06:11 PM
I choose Yes. :monster:

Roogle
12-10-2004, 06:12 PM

edczxcvbnm
12-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Post lots. I mean LOTS. -Linus, Kawaii, The Man,ect.
Come up with a catch phrase or something really distinctive that sets you apart from the rest. - Trumpet Theif
Be aggressive and start conflicts. - Me
Say/Do something hilarious! - Hooters
Start some kind of new EoFF event. - You don't really have to start one but just run it.
Create new and original threads regularly. -Everyone who does this.

m4tt
12-10-2004, 06:24 PM

Flying Mullet
12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
I choose No. :oscar:

Leeza
12-10-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't think I've done anything on that list! So I have to go with Yes...or would that be No? There is no No. :)

DMKA
12-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Where's the "spam the hell out of general chat and end up becoming best friends with Misfit and Psy" option?

EDIT: Yes.

EDIT: :monster:

Martyr
12-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Um... Post a whole lot of conflict starting (Or hopefully finishing) posts?

And try to make them look well thought out. Even if I'm just spewing 6 paragraphs per second.

But I don't know. Pleanty of people must have seen my name at some point by now.

DMKA
12-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Yeah but I don't like meanies.

Martyr
12-10-2004, 06:40 PM
HAHAHA!!!

Maybe I don't like you!

(Well thought out.)

Baloki
12-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Whats EoFF?

Jojee
12-10-2004, 07:41 PM
I picked all of the above xP Though who cares, as long as you know a few spiffy people <3 (and no that does not include you.. or you, or you... *glares*)

Xander
12-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Why try to get into the EoFF community fast? Not arguing, just hoping that people become known because they are making friends with the other members and contributing to the site/forums and not trying to become popular and visible through any means possible.

I agree.

But...

Yes. :fpexci:

DMKA
12-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah but I don't like beanies.

Agent Proto
12-10-2004, 08:50 PM
The most effective way is trying to get to know the established members when you're a newb.

Shlup
12-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I didn't do any of those things. o.O

Psychotic
12-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Where's the "spam the hell out of general chat and end up becoming best friends with Misfit and Psy" option?
WOW! Just...WOW! :love:

I think I got my way into the community was #eoff, then made myself known through BAoTW. *nods*

Rainecloud
12-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Posting 24 hours a day, starting new threads all the time, PM'ing random people and starting conflicts are sure-fire ways to become recognised here at EoFF - but for all the wrong reasons. I prefer the more gentle methods, Eg: taking time to talk to people you're interested in, attempting to help members out with any problems they might have by posting in the EoEo forum, and adding people to your AIM/Y!M/MSN/ICQ messenger programs.

At least that's the way I attempt to go about things, most of the time. I've made plenty of mistakes in the past. Heck, I even tried to be funny. Once that blew up in my face, I started being normal again.

m4tt
12-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Or you can be like Necronopticous and arrange a meeting a few months after joining. :p Whatta weirdo.

Yamaneko
12-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Who are you?

Flying Mullet
12-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Who are you?
She's the man.

Captain Maxx Power
12-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Being generally fun and joyful and posting all over the shop. And now, to EoEO! Maxx Power awwwwaaaayyyyy!

eestlinc
12-10-2004, 11:05 PM

being Cid's friend helps too.

Chaos
12-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Post lots, be clever in what you post and be witty.

Or just stay for ages and wait till everyone recognises you.

Though having said that, I've been here for years and I wouldnt class myself as particulary well known, but I guess I'm just part of the furniture by now. =D

Chaos

Martyr
12-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Since the first time I saw a post of yours, I've had that phrase, "Gyrating Like A Possum!" stuck in my head.

You are furniture, don't get me wrong. It isn't like I remember what you post, and I'll sure as Hell forget that your screen name is, uh, whatever it is, by the time I finish this post.

But on the bright side, your sig is like a branding iron on my brain.

theundeadhero
12-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Way back when I didn't start an intro thread because I didn't go to general chat. I ignored that forum for like 2 1/2 years. Then I just went to it one day and was like "WOW, this is great!" I think my first thread in it was the poll "What do you think about while you brush your teeth" It was really succsessful so I kept up from there.

Necronopticous
12-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Being as cool as me typically works.

Doomgaze
12-11-2004, 12:56 AM
#eoff, because the forums are a joke. :)

Better yet, join tGA!

Jojee
12-11-2004, 02:26 AM
There isn't a "get into the admins' pants" option. :love:

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 03:07 AM
There isn't a "get into the admins' pants" option. Thats because most of the Admins don't wear pants :eek: , the perverts!

Jojee
12-11-2004, 03:14 AM
Or they just can't find them. *holds up lots of pairs of pants and grins evilly*...! Ew Roo, this is disgusting, do you ever wash these? :barf:

Del Murder
12-11-2004, 03:34 AM
I got good in here by posting and never leaving, but it took a while to be noticed.

-N-
12-11-2004, 03:35 AM
I would assume posting to get people to know you, and PMing to get people to be your friend. I've done the former a lot (and that's how I got in), but didn't really close the deal on the latter half very well. *shruggles* Damn real friends always keep me away from here. ;)

The Man
12-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Posting lots and posting insightfully certainly worked for me. :smash: Too bad I haven't done that here in ages, though, which is probably why I'm mostly a has-been around here :smash:

edit: catchphrases, being distinctive, and making good threads help as well. also, yes. :monster:

MoonsEcho
12-12-2004, 06:12 AM
Hmm. Well, I haven't really done much of any of that, so I don't know. I can say that posting very frequently (read: spamming) does get you noticed, but not necessarily in a good way. I've only started one or two threads. I post in whatever threads interest me, not just to get attention. And as for meeting people and becoming well known....well, I haven't randomly PM'd or instant messaged anyone, and I don't really have any 'friends' here yet. But it wasn't about trying to be 'popular' for me when I came here, it was just an online community that I was actually comfortable in and that wasn't out of control with flames and spam. I like it here.

I vote yes.

Kirkpatrick
12-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Lurk for three years, making sure only to post very infrequently. :shifty:

nik0tine
12-12-2004, 06:30 AM
Post lots, be clever in what you post and be witty.

Or just stay for ages and wait till everyone recognises you.

Though having said that, I've been here for years and I wouldnt class myself as particulary well known, but I guess I'm just part of the furniture by now. =D

Chaos

Yeah you could do that, or you could be really beautiful like Chaos, and get recognized immediately. Oh, how shallow we hear at EoFF are!

MoeSzyslak
12-12-2004, 06:53 AM
I think the FASTEST way is to go into every forum and post as many FF sucks threads as you can.

However...

taking time to talk to people you're interested in, attempting to help members out with any problems they might have by posting in the EoEo forum, and adding people to your AIM/Y!M/MSN/ICQ messenger programs.
...is probably one of the BEST ways to get in the community.

I also think that you should get into an admins pant only if you fit. I have a 34" waist, by the way...

The Captain
12-12-2004, 08:12 AM
There really are so many ways to find your way into the heart of the community, but I would put chief among everything else is that you have to be yourself, which means you have to have your own opinions on matters and be able to express them properly. Whether you do so in long posts, through helping others, with biting sarcasm, through witty asides, through general madness, or whatever, so long as you remain true to who you are, then you'll eventually be noticed.

Take care all.

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 09:34 AM
I would have to say a combonation of quality and quantity of posts... Oh and sigs... I tell u now.. if you have one eye attracting sig, everyone will know you... =P Lol... =D Serious though...

Dr Unne
12-12-2004, 10:20 AM
The fastest way to get into the EoFF community

Don't be stupid. Or be very stupid. Depends which people you want to like you.

Old Manus
12-12-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't consider myself that well known, though I do post quite regularly.

Maybe. :grover:

Christmas
04-14-2022, 04:15 AM
The fastest way to integrate into the community is to actually log in! For those lurkers out there, go create an account and log in! We are friendly and would listen to your problem! We will never call you a piece of shit and get you to go die. :bigsmile:

I don't consider myself that well known, though I do post quite regularly.

Maybe. :grover:

You are a piece of shit, go die.

Quindiana Jones
04-14-2022, 11:07 PM
Stay in FF9 forum for a long time, then join into GC and spam.

Dr. Acula
04-15-2022, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the only reason people recognise me now is because there are so few of us left.

Christmas
04-15-2022, 02:37 AM
I'm pretty sure the only reason people recognise me now is because there are so few of us left.

Nonsense. I know you from a long long time ago and can recognise you from across the internet. :bigsmile:

The one i cannot recognise are those that keep changing names. :(

On a side note, there are actually a lot of us around just that they lurk and observe us from Discord. It is kinda like that creepy Watcher from Marvel "What If" series :chocobo:

Quindiana Jones
04-15-2022, 03:11 PM

We all recognised "Dr. Acula", mate. It's a banging name.

Christmas
04-15-2022, 03:19 PM
And in all honesty, you were like a mild version of Resha back in those days. Cute and adorable. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
04-16-2022, 03:55 AM
Oh STAHP you two. (Go on.)