PDA

View Full Version : FF VII PC version loading error

Remnant
12-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Hello,

I bought the FFVII PC version when it came out, and, short of having to run it on low resolution to get through parts of the game, it ran fine in its entirety on my old PC.

Now that I'm in a school that gave me an excuse to buy a shiney new laptop, I said, well, I might as well abuse this need and play games on it. So I pulled out my FFVII PC game, loaded it up, and enjoyed being able to play it in a decent resolution.

I noticed the motorcycle chase scene went a whole lot faster, but I chalked it up to my old computer running it slowly. (The same applies to Tifa's limit breaks... it was easier when it was slower....)

Anyway, I'm moving right along and I get to the Gold Saucer, take out Dyne, and proceed to the chocobo stables. Good. Now, when I try to go to the race itself, the race music starts, then suddenly one of the notes is really long, it keeps going, but the race screen never comes up- screen is black- and an error box saying FFVII has encountered a problem and needs to close pops up.

I tired reducing the resolution, but no dice. Anyone have any ideas?

Baloki
12-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Goto the front site and make sure you've installed the windows XP patch :D

Remnant
12-10-2004, 08:21 PM
I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

*notes a pitfall of having the fourms bookmarked directly*

Baloki
12-10-2004, 10:35 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/

:D