PDA

View Full Version : The presents process...

White Raven
12-11-2004, 01:27 AM
During birthdays, Christmas, or whatever, how do you receive/give presents?

Do you ask for specific things, and then your parents get them? Do you make a list and you get stuff off of that? Do you not care, and gets what you gets? Or do you just get cash?

Personally, I enjoy the element of surprise and the idea that the person who bought it for me put thought and effort into it. Birthdays and Christmas are big events for my family, so everyone does the same thing...they create a "Wish List" and whatever they get, they get. :)

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Not very many people know me well enough to buy me things I would like. Not even my parents :( I'm happy when people make an effort though. A few friends know me well enough.

Chris
12-11-2004, 01:35 AM
I ALWAYS tell people what to buy me :D
...that way I won't have to exchange the gifts the day after :eek:

Shlup
12-11-2004, 01:38 AM
www.geocities.com/rawkstars_girlfriend/gimmie.htm

My stepmom asked for a specific list, so I made one, and now I just update it so she and her mother can use it for every occasion. Its kinda nice.

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 01:46 AM
For Birthdays, I don't care as long as they can afford it. I don't need people spending a lot on me, but if you give birthday punches, then you have to get me something good...like a card and a stuffed tiger...and not anything CUTE. FOr christmas, my mom asks me for a list, which isn't too long, and I ask for hers.

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 01:49 AM
I don't need people spending a lot on me, but if you give birthday punches, then you have to get me something good...like a card and a stuffed tiger...and not anything CUTE.Because we all know stuffed tigers aren't cute XD

Jojee
12-11-2004, 01:51 AM
I don't care, it's usually all good cos' my friends and bf and people who would give me presents know what kinda stuff I like <3 My parents don't, usually, so they just give me money and I end up buying other people Xmas presents or something with it XD ...The last time they tried to get me a Christmas present was like 2 years ago and it was a big college guidebook. Wtf? I was in 11th grade. Anyway, I'm not that hard to shop for cos' I like soft stuff and shiny stuff and pretty stuff and amusing stuff.... n_n

krissy
12-11-2004, 02:21 AM
i buy people stuff at dollar stores. i don't expect anything better. and i don't ask for specific things. i'm like 'donate to my university fund' and that wouldnt hurt because tuition is going ^.

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 02:34 AM
Because we all know stuffed tigers aren't cute XD

It's something like that...and because I don't like CUTE things in my room

Jojee
12-11-2004, 02:40 AM
I love cute things ^^ Once I get a room of my own or just out of the dorms I will decorate my whole room with pretty pink things... bwahaha. :love:

<3 stuffed tigers.

DeBlayde
12-11-2004, 04:47 AM
a few years ago, I bought 2 cds for christmas presents.

my little sister was a huge limp bizkit fan, so I bought a britney spears cd, took the disk outta the case, and put the limp bizkit cd into the britney spears case.

that left me with an empty case and an extra disk. so I put the britney disc into the LB case, and gave that to my best friend. It was extremely funny that christmas day when everybody's opening gifts, and off to one side of the room, you hear this, "WHAT THE :love::love::love::love:!?!?!"

then a few hours later, we hear this whole, "OH WOW!!!" coming from her room. i guess she was going to ritually burn the thing, and was pleasantly surpised.

my best friend's reaction was exactly the same, only reversed. and also just as funny! :D

as for me, I just like being thought of on the holidays and being around my family. don't need presents. have everything I need already. but it's nice to be thought of over the holidays.

Kirobaito
12-11-2004, 04:50 AM
I tell my parents exactly what I want and they get it. However, when I don't get my mom something she likes, she complains. When I tell her that she should have told me what she wanted, she said, "I shouldn't have to make a list!"

Shlup
12-11-2004, 04:51 AM
i buy people stuff at dollar stores. i don't expect anything better. and i don't ask for specific things. i'm like 'donate to my university fund' and that wouldnt hurt because tuition is going ^.
I buy a lot of stuff at dollar stores too. For my boyfriend I usually get something fairly expensive then a bunch of dollar store crap. I got a saudering iron at the dollar store a couple years ago!

Meat Puppet
12-11-2004, 05:07 AM
I hate getting presents and I hate choosing presents for other people. I still buy others gifts, but I always ask what they want. Because if I don't, I'd probably get them soap or something stupid like that.

Jojee
12-11-2004, 05:10 AM
Soap's not such a bad present, really ^^ Though they might think you're trying to insinuate something...

Zante
12-11-2004, 07:35 AM
I always tell my family what I want, as they are clueles about things like which games I like.

Sephex
12-11-2004, 07:48 AM
I go shopping with my mother for what I would like for my B-Day. Everyone else's presents are a suprise.

On Christmas, my mother and I go shopping for what I want, along with everyone else. Other presents are a suprise.

Nephiliam
12-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Well.. this year, from my grandma, I am getting money.. Though I already spent $20 of it buying the rest of the Escaflowne series on VHS. Next.. I will get Felicity, either season 1, 2 or 3. That reminds me that I need to check the walmart up on Zebulon Road to check and see if they have it, the one here in Warner Robins doesn't have it. =/ I haven't check FYE though. I prefer to get money from her and buy the things myself.

Now, for others.. I listen carefully to what they say they want, and what they are getting. Then I buy the item/s.. hoping they will like that item. I prefer them to tell me what they want though. ;P

This year will be a great christmas though. :D

NashX
12-11-2004, 08:35 AM
I hope for cash, 'cos most of the traditioal presents I get stink (Socks, Dictionaries, Rubik's Cubes and the like).