PDA

View Full Version : What is it with that guy's hair!?

DeBlayde
12-11-2004, 04:31 AM
Why do square-enix characters have phallic symbols on top of their heads? (Phallic refers to a certain aspect of male physiology. and the symbol is remeniscent of that aspect.)

for example, Cloud and Wakka.

was this some part of their characters we were just supposed to pick up on? since Cloud's hair is kinda off center, is that a further implication?

what message is Square trying to send with these images? :shifty:

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 04:37 AM
That's the I'm a rebel cool rocker asian hair style. It was meant to be trendy.

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 04:38 AM
I've been wondering what the heck was up with thier hair for thre longest. I get Cloud's, but it's something about wakka's. Didn't his brother have the same style? I mean, wakka's hair is leveled out until you reach the front where there;s this twelve inch increase.

Martyr
12-11-2004, 05:19 AM
Because the games target, generally, adolescent boys. And because gamer boys aren't known for their outstanding abilities to nail their women-

Well, the phallic image basically appeals to guys. It's usually unconsciously phallic. Being able to role play a character with phallic hair (heh) gives the unconscious illusion of sexual pleasure.

Thus, in various internet comics, a gamer has said, while his girlfriend is walking around the corner, "This is better than sex!"
Of course it is. Playing with Cloud is like having sex AND playing a video game.

DeBlayde
12-11-2004, 05:57 AM
ok. now see, I wasn't thinking along those particular lines, but I suppose the lonely Japanese programmers need some kind of outlet for all their tensions.

or something.

but having sex and playing a game? :D just a bit much, don't you think?

but, on the flip side of the coin, people got the right to do whatever makes them happy. or makes their hair stand up to compensate for whatever other short comings may or may not be present.