PDA

View Full Version : Healing Songs.

Imperia
12-11-2004, 05:48 AM
What songs do you like to listen to when you're feeling down? Which of your favorite songs help relieve the pain inside?

Martyr
12-11-2004, 06:05 AM
I listen to music that brings back memories.

Ironically, that includes Tom Petty, The Smashing Pumpkins, and Pearl Jam.

I really doubt that those will necessarilly help other people though.

80s pop works best, I think.
I'll get out my B-52s and my various artist tracks. Jenny (8675309). Picks me right up.

If that doesn't work, I've heard that AC/DC works real well for some people.

Dking'squeen
12-11-2004, 06:14 AM
I'll listen to Evanescence, Hoobastank, Lost Prophets, Crossfade, Linkin Park*really helps esspecially when I'm angry One Step Closer helps drive out anger*, um...what else? Oh yeah, for when I;m sad, I usually listen to Trapt, Switchfoot or whatever CD I have in, but it always leads back to Linkin Park because I'll end up angry. *shrugs*

Shlup
12-11-2004, 06:28 AM
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

Seriously. When I'm in certain moods, I just put it on loop.

jrgen
12-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Any music as long as it's good.
If I'm angry I'll probably listen to something like Richthofen, Die Allergie or Totenmond.

Sweet Beloved
12-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Linkin Park, Evanescence, and Sum 41, anythin that I think is good with me. Sometimes keeps my mind off things.

SeeDRankLou
12-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n' Roses. Actually anything off of their first album, but that song especially.

Miriel
12-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Nothing can make me smile when I'm down like listening to Tiny Dancer by Elton John. Lots of great memories attached to that song...

nik0tine
12-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

Seriously. When I'm in certain moods, I just put it on loop.

All three movements?

And personally I listen to classical alot when I want to mellow out. In fact right now i am listening to the air on G string.

Shlup
12-11-2004, 11:41 AM
All three movements?
No, the MP3 I have is only the first movement. I think. Though I do have several classical CDs with Beethoven on them. I never even think to use my 60 CD stereo though. xD

nik0tine
12-11-2004, 11:53 AM
If you like the moonlight sonata check out chopin. Particularily his raindrop prelude and piano nocturne in ebm. Great stuff. And if you're pissed, id go for his revolutionary etude.

ninja-yuffie
12-11-2004, 12:37 PM
bad moods: linkin park :P

sad boods: simple and clean from Kingdom hearts.

happy moods: anything that dosn't make me feel sad :)

Aurey
12-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't have just songs that usually help me out when I'm peeved off or whatnot, there's several bands that I listen to calm me down.

I find that listening to Múm, Explosions In The Sky and Stars often helps me quite a bit because their music is all kind of dreamy-ish. Especially Múm and Stars.

Shlup
12-11-2004, 01:22 PM
If you like the moonlight sonata check out chopin. Particularily his raindrop prelude and piano nocturne in ebm. Great stuff. And if you're pissed, id go for his revolutionary etude.
Chopin was my favorite when I was a kid, actually.

Imperia
12-12-2004, 07:00 AM
When I'm sad, I like to listen to Star-Stealing Girl (Chrono Cross), Eyes On Me (FFVIII), Suteki Da Ne (FFX), Tina (FFVI), Aeris' Theme (FFVII), Greensleeves, Somewhere Down the Road (by Amy Grant), and many others. When I'm angry I listen to Throw it All Away (Sonic Adventure 2), World Revolution (Chrono Trigger), Golden Queen Galaxia (Sailor Moon), and many of the Final Fantasy battle themes. These songs really ease it all.

Sweet Beloved
12-13-2004, 12:42 AM
When I'm sad, I like to listen to Star-Stealing Girl (Chrono Cross), Eyes On Me (FFVIII), Suteki Da Ne (FFX), Tina (FFVI), Aeris' Theme (FFVII), Greensleeves, Somewhere Down the Road (by Amy Grant), and many others. When I'm angry I listen to Throw it All Away (Sonic Adventure 2), World Revolution (Chrono Trigger), Golden Queen Galaxia (Sailor Moon), and many of the Final Fantasy battle themes. These songs really ease it all.

I agree. I like Eyes On Me alot.
I also listen to Green Day's, "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams", when i'm sad.

Shoeberto
12-13-2004, 12:46 AM
radiohead mother f'er

Mr. Graves
12-13-2004, 05:01 AM
Certain J-pop songs.
"Madhouse" by Anthrax
"Some Kind Of Monster" by Metallica, just because Hetfield trying to rap sounds humorous.
Other songs that I'm too tired to list right at this minute.

Doc Sark
12-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Depends what's depressed me. When I was younger and wasted my time pining after people out of my league it was Goo Goo Dolls - Iris but now I'm a bit older and just get angry at things instead, bit of Pete Yorn normally calms me down, or some Ryan Adams.