PDA

View Full Version : Gold Chocobo with Cid/Tifa

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-11-2004, 05:59 AM
I have managed to get a few Gold Chocobos before, but it is very frustrating. The farthest I got with Tifa was a Black Chocobo, but I've never gotten a gold chocobo without Cloud. Is it just extremely rare to get a Gold Chocobo with C class chocobos or impossible?

The earliest I recall getting Knights of the Round was right before Midgar, which is when the official guide first suggests that strategy.

Flashback007
12-11-2004, 04:24 PM
It is indeed possible to get a Gold Chocobo with C Class Chocobo's. You need a Black Chocobo C class and a Wonderfull Chocobo C Class. Ofcourse a male and a female. I believe that you can get Wonderfulls at the Iceicle area. Plus you need a certain nut, for breeding a Gold Chocobo. And what do you mean without Cloud? If you mean the races, then use the dulpicate-cheat to get enough greens of some sort. I forgot the name for a minute. But I am sure there is someone here to tell you. Just feed the Chocobo's 90 of these greens. Be sure to always have 2 left. This way all the stats from your Chocobo will be maxed out. And only racing against that other Black Chocobo will be hard. But try to get as far as possible with the Chocobo Racing. Even after S Class (Follows behind C Class) then you will recieve cool items.

bEoWuLfX
12-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I have never gotten anything better except blue using the other characters. Cloud is definetly more succesful in the breeding process.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-11-2004, 09:49 PM
And what do you mean without Cloud?

I mean before Cloud rejoins your party. Theoretically, getting a Gold Chocobo should be possible as soon as you get the Highwind. I've gotten Black Chocobos before, but I haven't gotten a Gold Chocobo w/o being able to race the Chocobos. The reason I brought up the theory about it just being really hard with C class chocobos is b/c Tifa and Cid can't enter Gold Saucer b/c it's closed.

Raistlin
12-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Is it just extremely rare to get a Gold Chocobo with C class chocobos or impossible?
It's extremely rare. Why don't you just race 'em to A class(S class is, for the most part, unnecessary)? It doesn't take very long and takes away a helluva lot of frustration.

UltimaLimit
12-12-2004, 06:03 AM
Ruby WEAPON

Take the Desert Rose or Earth Harp, whichever you get from the thing, to the old man. I found it easier than trying to breed. And I agree, S Class is fairly pointless.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-12-2004, 06:33 AM
Hmm, I'll have to check if Ruby's actually there as soon as you get the Highwind. He must be extremely hard at that stage, especially if you don't have Knights of the Round.

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 09:13 AM
You can do it.... but why would you want to?? Its not like you really need KotR at that point... You dont really need it to beat the game or the WEAPONs for that matter... Getting it is good and everything but why so soon? O.O

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Well, I remember each time I played, part of the great thing about FFVII was I wanted to get things done sooner and sooner and do better each time. I've gotten a Gold Chocobo before, but the first time was on the 3rd disc. Then I got it before Midgar. Then I breeded up to a Black Chocobo with Tifa.

That's really the only reason I want it as soon as you get the Highwind. And also it would be cool to use it on those bosses w/o cheating.

Oh wait, no. I remember another reason. I could start lvling it up ASAP. That way I'm not bored doing the hours and hours all at once on Disc 4.

Another example of this is when I got Omnislash on Disc 1 the last time I played so I could use it on Jenova Life. Wow. It added to the cough scene at the end of Disc 1 cough. You'd think Cloud would want to Omnislash automatically!

It's not like I need KoR anyway to beat the game with. But I think I need it for Ruby and Emerald. I've only managed to beat them once with lvl100 characters after like 50 tries.

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Ahhhhh... ic ic.... well, i guess u have some brag rights for doing what u do... Props props... ^_~

But yeah... i sitll wouldnt do that... and leveling up at disc one.... u do realize that would take longer than leveling at the end right? I'm saying because the beginnning of course has low lvl monsters, meaning low exp points... which also means more battles to fight in... which means longer play time... Oh and by doing so you're making Tonberry's stronger... Lol... XD

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Yes, lvling on Disc 1 takes a lot of time, but that doesn't mean I get lazy later.

But I wouldn't use that for KoR. Developing limits has nothing to do with your lvl in this game. My record with lvls is everybody has lvl3 limits learned (up to Yuffie inclusive) before Junon. I just thought one time if I could get Omnislash on Disc 1, so I had Cloud kill 200 enemies and use his limits 20 times then instead of later. It's fun, although probably if you only do it once. Today I'm a little less insane.

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Well... i HAVE gotten up to meteorain with Cloud at the first reactor... me and my friends did it for fun.... and it wasnt really fun... pretty boring actually.... XD

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-12-2004, 11:24 AM
The only problem is that meteorrain does so much less than what you'd expect, or what the official guide estimates.

I lvl up in the reactor until I run out of potions. You can't use inns or the restore materia, yet. So I haven't been able to get meteorrain yet at the reactor. Fort Condor is some place where they let you rest for free, you can use hypers, and those things in the forest build up your limit quickly, and they're in groups, so that would be a nice place to do some limit building.

Juke
12-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Limit breaks are easy to build. When you have the first limit break of a level, to achieve the second of that level you need to use the first limit break at least five times. The easiest way to do that is to fight on the wutai continent and manipulate the birds that use lightning damage. Be sure to have your character sin fury so the limit gauges fill up quickly. when you achieve the second limit break of a level you muts kill 100 ememies. The easiest way to do that is to got the in the forest above fort condor and fight the enemeis there because they come 5 and 3 at a time. and thats a rap

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Ultima Limit: Sorry, I just got the highwind with Tifa, and I don't see Ruby sticking his nose outta the sand around the Prison.

Oh well. I'm trying to beat FFVII before Christmas, so I don't really have time to get KOTR this time around.

Things I've done differently this time than the last like 5 playthrus since I need to finish it quickly: 1) Have not lvled up insanely and 2) dated Tifa :D . I should be able to beat FFVII in good time. Like, in 5 days (today is my last day). Since I only have one day left, I'm gonna see if I can beat Sephiroth w/o Omnislash and KOTR.

So the conclusion here is: it IS possible to get KOTR before you get Cloud back? but it's like a 1 in 255 chance?