PDA

View Full Version : The rumor about Aeris

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-11-2004, 06:11 AM
I was wondering about the specifics about the Aeris rumor. Is it completely false?

I heard Squaresoft wanted her to be resurrected, but changed their mind. Also, they didn't necessarily delete the scenes, but blocked conventional access to it.

Has it been proven that there's no way to do it?

Couldn't you like hack the game so you get the scenes I hear about with the ghost of Aeris in her church and stuff? The ghost is supposed to be the little white flickering thing, right? It disappears after a second.

Auronhart
12-11-2004, 06:59 AM
The only way to prove that is to hack into the game and disect every bit of code, but it is a very likely a complete hoax.

Couldn't you like hack the game so you get the scenes I hear about with the ghost of Aeris in her church and stuff? The ghost is supposed to be the little white flickering thing, right? It disappears after a second.
Seems very unlikely.

bEoWuLfX
12-11-2004, 07:31 AM
that aeris ghost is actually part of the game. you return to midgar in disc 3 and you can see her ghost planting flowers in the church.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-11-2004, 09:15 AM
She plants flowers in the church? All I remember is the white thing that disappears in between the kids planting flowers. Tomorrow, I'm gonna check again. Is she the white thing? Where do I check for someone planting flowers?

Hmm, well, the story is they only cut access to it, right? Then the data for the scenes must be on the disc.

You can't get to it using the Debug room, right?

Anybody know what Squaresoft didn't allow you to do involving the Aeris thing? Couldn't you use a Game Genie code to get around some of it?

One winged angel of death
12-11-2004, 01:13 PM
hum... yes I am baffeled by that rumor too. and yes her ghost is in the church she uh... walked to cloud then dissappeared for me either the game is taunting me or she really liked cloud on my game. Darn Graphics!

riphawk
12-11-2004, 01:21 PM
I was wondering about the specifics about the Aeris rumor. Is it completely false?

I heard Squaresoft wanted her to be resurrected, but changed their mind. Also, they didn't necessarily delete the scenes, but blocked conventional access to it.

i read in a magazine, of a letter written by hirinobo sakaguchi executive producer of squaresoft, that it was all just a major rumor. it cant be done.

Wuggly Blight
12-11-2004, 01:49 PM
she passed away, and that was it she was never ment to return becuase in the end, death is eternal and she cant come back, thats that made it all so moving.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Okay, so hacking the game and jumping directly to conventionally innaccessible events pertaining to Aeris's death wouldn't work b/c they don't exist?

TheAbominatrix
12-11-2004, 11:02 PM
People have hacked the living hell out of that game, and there is nothing there to revive her. Not a thing. The only 'clue' is Aerith having speech options when you ride the snowboard from Icicle Inn.

Danger
12-12-2004, 03:54 AM
What part of sword through the gut don't people understand?

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Well actually... Sword thru the gut doesnt really prove her death... in the flashback in Nibelhiem... Cloud got stabbed in the gut and live... he even grabbed the blade and threw Sephiroth off the bridge...

And whoever says that was Zack.... is wrong. It was Cloud. =P

Oh and i do believe Aeris is dead... just wanted to say that stabbing thru the gut doesnt really mean they would die. Mebbe if you said "put into a pool where even if she revived would drown instantly"...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-12-2004, 10:08 AM
For those of you who think I'm looking for a conventional method of reviving Aeris, you misconstrude. I don't think there's a way to do it conventionally, but if hacking also won't help you, then I guess there's no way, huh?

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 10:45 AM
U can do it with Gameshark.... O.O

MJN SEIFER
12-12-2004, 10:46 AM
You cn see her ghost at Anytime not just after her death. I whent in into church after the Shinra got to her and there was the "ghost"

Well actually... Sword thru the gut doesnt really prove her death... in the flashback in Nibelhiem... Cloud got stabbed in the gut and live... he even grabbed the blade and threw Sephiroth off the bridge...

Well if that didn't kill then she surly drowned when Cloud threw her in the water (Why?)

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 10:48 AM
I say Square put that there to mess with peoples heads... They like doing that.... =P

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-12-2004, 11:10 AM
I checked back again. If I enter the church on Disc3, something that looks like Aeris, I think, flashes for an instant than disappears. It goes away so fast, I can't quite make it out, so I'm not sure if it's Aeris. Does somebody have a pic to verify that it's Aeris? Oh, I can't tell if she's arranging flowers for that half a second. She doesn't hang around arranging flowers; the kids are doing that. She just disappears immediately until you leave and come back. Is this the ghost people keep talking about?

Could somebody load up a pic of the instant she appears so we can see her clearly?

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 11:18 AM
I'll screen it next time i play FFVII on my laptop... =D

But yeah... i'm 100% sure that its aeris.. I've seen it quite a bit of times...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-12-2004, 11:30 AM
laptop? You mean it's on the PC version, too? Or are you using a PSX emulator so you can use your PSX disc?

Oh, I did an interesting experiment. Same thing happens when you switch discs when the game doesn't say you can, and you enter the church. I was supposed to be on Disc 3, but then I wondered what would happen if I put in Disc 1 w/o turning off my game. I figure, whatever it's trying to do, the data might be on that disc. As I half expected, no change.

I remembered the last time I played FFVII on my PSX when Disc2 started getting messed up, I was inserting Disc 3, and the scenes worked fine. I have no idea why. I'm still using Disc 1 now, and wanted to see what happened if I went to the crater. You can go to the crater when you have Disc 1 in there. How you can do this is beyond me. Why would they put the data on all the discs? I think movies are the only thing that messes up. I was playing around with the debug room on the PC, and I jumped to something on a different disc and it started playing movies in order, but from the wrong disc. For example, Junon on Disc2 starts resembling Nibelheim.