PDA

View Full Version : ruby weapon, how?

riphawk
12-11-2004, 05:52 PM
hey i need some help, i cant beat this guy! the characters i use are level 80! and hes still too hard. any help?

BackRoomKid
12-11-2004, 07:54 PM
LEVEL 99!!! You definately need to get to that. Also, MASTERED MATERIA EVERYTHING. No way you'll be able to defeat Ruby w/out a super powered character, which would be Cloud. Keep him alive and protected and get those OmniShlashes IN! Knights of the Round do help a lot too. Plenty of Elixers/Ethers/Megalixers/ whatever else that would help you. It's a tought battle, just try to max out your best characters and attack like crazy.

bEoWuLfX
12-11-2004, 10:36 PM
no, that's not true. Theres a certain materia combo that you can use. It requires you to beat emerald first though, so go do that first to get the mstered materia set.

=Angelus=
12-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Hmm... i remembered i beaten both weapons... but i'm not sure in which order :P ... but well... you could use a few smoke bombs to escape, if things get too spicy (you'll then see Mr.Ruby standing up on the quicksand right after that! heeheehee) well... lvl 99 would help.. training at the underwater thing with those Unknown1/2/3s would be good exp.. but its more challenging to fight at lower levels.. well.. keep trying! i vaguely remember something about Ultima, hero's drink, Omnislash, Cid's Highwind and All Creation.. but well.. it might be time i played the game again

Raistlin
12-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Easiest way: Hades + KotR(or Master Summon) + W-Summon + Mime(optional).

Those four materia make Ruby pathetically easy. If you want more of a challenge, take one or more of those materia away. Makes things more interesting.

Also, instead of Hades you can also use any other item/spell that causes Paralysis.

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey!! I'm new but i DO know enough about FFVII to answer this question ^_~

Alright, that combo stated above would work really well.... but i'm going to give some instructions in case some ppl dont have master materia or mime and such....

Here we go... =D

Alright... at the beginning of the battle Ruby will whirlpool 2 of your team mates away and you will have to fight him one on one with a random person from your 3 people... BUT, you can get passed this by killing off two of your characters, and leaving one alive...

By doing this, Ruby will stick his tenticles in the ground right away... after he does that you can revive your other two team mates and make the battle much MUCH easier...

Okay... After he puts in his tentacles u can then attack... if you're on a high enough level you dont really need to do much except for Attack, Heal and Revive (if someone dies)... But if you want to speed stuff up, you can Summon Death and parylze him... combo'd quadra magic will work good too, reflect on your characters and quadra on your characters will be REALLY good...

So yeah, if you follow these instuctions and dont get careless Ruby will be a snap... Too easy... =P

DarkMaelstrom
12-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Hey guys, you cant forget about the full cure materia, that saved my ass numerous times. Don't forget to cast regen

DJZen
12-13-2004, 03:00 AM
LEVEL 99!!! You definately need to get to that. Also, MASTERED MATERIA EVERYTHING. No way you'll be able to defeat Ruby w/out a super powered character, which would be Cloud. Keep him alive and protected and get those OmniShlashes IN! Knights of the Round do help a lot too. Plenty of Elixers/Ethers/Megalixers/ whatever else that would help you. It's a tought battle, just try to max out your best characters and attack like crazy.

Don't you know that lies make baby Jesus cry?

DarkMaelstrom
12-13-2004, 05:10 AM

haha nice

Doomgaze
12-13-2004, 08:01 AM
I beat Ruby in the high 60s, I believe, using some sort of trick. It's been awhile so I don't remember, but I'm quite sure it can be done.

Ultima Shadow
12-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey guys, you cant forget about the full cure materia, that saved my ass numerous times. Don't forget to cast regen
Use X-potion= save MP and Matria slot. :cool:

UltimaLimit
12-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Agreed. If you want to spend lots of MP for minimal benefit, try Shield. Or if you don't want that but insist upon filling that Materia slot, use W-Item for X-Potion and Turbo Ether in one turn. Or use an Elixer. I could go on.

Going back to Shield: it'd actually be a great spell if you could A) cast it on more than one character, B) have it last longer, C) cost less MP, or D) all of the above. Too bad.

BG-57
12-14-2004, 02:00 AM
I found a Final Attack materia linked to a Revive materia along with an E-skill materia useful. Big Guard was a big help.

BackRoomKid
12-14-2004, 04:29 AM

LOL...no, but losing to Ruby Weapon does ;)

That was my strategy, and it worked dam well. :cool:

abrojtm
12-14-2004, 05:19 AM
Enter the battle with only Cait Sith alive and in Limit Break. Make sure you have a Final Attack=Phoenix Materia linked to him. Now, use your Reels and do it until you get the attack that kills everything on the screen. It works on Ruby Weapon, the Final Attack=Phoenix will revive your other characters for you. The Desert Harp is yours!

DarkMaelstrom
12-14-2004, 05:30 AM
Awww now if that really works, you just killed the whole point of Ruby. SOO unsportsmanlike, even if you are a noob. The whole point of him is to give you a challenge and if you a worthy enough to beat him w/o KoTR, you get the desert rose to get it. Well (you cheatin sack of cheat) have you actually beaten him w/o cait sith?

Raistlin
12-14-2004, 05:33 AM
Enter the battle with only Cait Sith alive and in Limit Break. Make sure you have a Final Attack=Phoenix Materia linked to him. Now, use your Reels and do it until you get the attack that kills everything on the screen. It works on Ruby Weapon, the Final Attack=Phoenix will revive your other characters for you. The Desert Harp is yours!
Good luck having that happen on the first try.

Ultima Shadow
12-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Awww now if that really works, you just killed the whole point of Ruby. SOO unsportsmanlike, even if you are a noob. The whole point of him is to give you a challenge and if you a worthy enough to beat him w/o KoTR, you get the desert rose to get it.
Wow! Another person who understands the point in fighting super bosses! They seem to be pretty rare these days.

ps: KotR linked to HP absorb + W-Summon, hades and mime is just as cheap. :nonono:

Halenite
12-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Here's the trick that I found somewhere.

FF7: Easiest Way to defeat Ruby

Of all the methods I've read, this has got to be the simplest, safest, and
least AP-consuming way to kill Ruby. You don't even need the Masters!
Here's all that you'll need:

Required:
- MASTERED Command Counter Materia paired with Mime
(NOT, I REPEAT, NOT THE COUNTERATTACK MATERIA. THE COMMAND COUNTER IS A
BLUE MATERIA)
- Knights of the Round paired with HP Absorb
- Enough HP and defense so you don't die in one hit.
- High magic rating (200+)
- Ribbon <-- very important

Optional (but recommended so it doesn't take hours)
- 2 Knights of the Round Charges
- W-Summon
- Master Summon paired with MP Turbo (on different slots than the regular
KOTR one)

Before you start the fight, kill off your other two party members. When
you start the fight, simply cast Knights of the Round (W-summon or
without) on Ruby or the tentacles (doesn't matter). Now go get a cup of
coffee, come back in 10-20 minutes, and Ruby will be dead ^_^

Everytime Cloud gets hit, he will automatically counter with KOTR and
regain *tons* of HP (I kept getting more than 9999hp back). How can you
lose? :-) How can it get any easier than this?

This method will work against Emerald too, provided you have the
Underwater Materia and a light set of Materia so Aire Tyre Dam doesn't do
9999HP. Also because you probably don't have the Master Summon you'll
need a very very high Magic Rating because KOTR isn't Mp Turbo'ed. I find
it easier to do the well known KOTR-Mime-As-Fast-As-You-Can way to kill
him... although you need a little luck.

tellahd
12-26-2004, 07:07 PM
if you beat ruby weapon emerald will seem easy

note, ruby is harder than emerald

emeralds air tame storm does damage bassed on how much matireia you have equiped

Doors
12-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Ok here is what say FF:WA

First you need:

Item Preferred level Importance
Mystile or Aegis Armour N/A Very Important
Enhance Sword N/A Very Important: it allows growth, unlike Ultima Weapon
Ribbon N/A Optional (for Ruby only)
Sprint shoes N/A Optional
Enemy Skill with Big Guard N/A Optional
Magic Plus materia Master Very Important: raises damage with KOR
Four or Five HP plus and MP plus materia Master Very Important
HP Absorb Materia Any Very Important
Knights of the Round Level two Very Important
Bahamut ZERO or Hades Level two + Important for Ruby
Quadra Magic Level One Very Important
W-Summon Level One Very Important
Mime Level One Erm, Very very :)
Final Attack + Phoenix Level One Optional for Ruby, required for Emerald
Turbo ethers and elixers N/A Optional

and here is the strategy

Ruby

Really, it's ideal to attack Ruby weapon first. Ruby is the one in the desert under the Gold Saucer, that small red blob. Just go up to it in the highwind or a Gold Chocobo, but with a Gold Chocobo if you want to go in style. Ruby is the easier out of the two, although some people strangely say that he isn't, so killing him first and getting the AP from his death to up your materia level is important. Even though you must only fight Ruby with only one character, he is much easier than Emerald who can do 9999 damage to all people and heal himself in his terrifying Aire Tam Storm. Ouch.

First give Cloud the Mystile Armour, Enhance Sword, and a Ribbon. Give him HP absorb linked to Knights of the Round, Mime, Quadra magic linked to Bahamut Neo/Zero or Hades, W-Summon and finally Magic Plus and MP Turbo. Fill all your remaining slots with as many HP plus' and MP plus' as possible (preferably with a high level) and Final Attack linked to Phoenix. You won't have to use final attack, but the AP from Ruby's death will prove useful for Emerald...

After all this Cloud should ideally have an HP level of 7000+, an MP level of 600+ and a magic level of 200+. You should really have around these levels, or you are going to find it much harder. Now give another party member Enemy Skills and Sprint shoes, so at the beginning of the battle that person can cast Big Guard before anyone else, which will put Cloud in haste which is very useful.

Save your game near the Gold Saucer, and walk into the Red Tendril with your Gold Chocobo. Immediately cast Big Guard at the beginning of the fight, and hope that Cloud isn't the one who gets Whirlsanded away, if he does, just restart the game and load from the saved position earlier.

Note: I read somewhere that you can go into the battle with two of your party members already dead from a previous battle, leaving Cloud. Therefore, this wouldn't let Ruby kill your last member (i.e. Cloud) as he can only kill 2 party members with the whirlsand, and leave 1 left. This tactic has been proven to work.

As soon as you have cast Big Guard, have Cloud cast W-Summon Bahamut ZERO twice at Ruby. Do not cast Knights of the Round yet. Bahamut ZERO will run through five times (eight if Quadra magic is at level 2). You may or may not do damage to Ruby, that is not important, what is important is that you get Ruby to put hill tentacles into he sand and behind you. Now you have effectively won the battle. Now cast W-Summon Knights of the Round, the first at the tentacles and the second at Ruby. KOR wont be cast twice if it's only at level one, but what's important is that you kill the tentacles, which you'll do because you have a extremely high magic level. Now just mime every time; it'll cost zero MP and you'll be getting healed at the same time so it can't be bad. It should take 4 or 5 rounds of KOR until Ruby is dead. Nice

UltimaLimit
12-27-2004, 05:05 PM
if you beat ruby weapon emerald will seem easy

note, ruby is harder than emerald

Debatable, but I personally agree. Really, Emerald is stronger than Ruby. However, Emerald is an attacker, wheras Ruby is a lot better at defense. It forces you to face it one-on-one, and inflicts lots of status effects (which can be countered by Ribbon), not to mention lots of damage (and you MUST have Final Attack since you have no teammates to revive you). And of course it absorbs all elements (negating most spells and most offensive E. Skills), and is invincible part of the time. Wheras Emerald's main defensive tactics are the threat of Aire Tali Strom(sp?) based on materia equipped and, of course, the 20min time limit, which can be negated by Underwater materia but leaves you open to at least 1111 for each character.

Really, it's ideal to attack Ruby weapon first.
Not if you suck at Chocobo breeding and value your sanity. Really, I found it ideal to kill Emerald first--it gets you used to fighting super-bosses, but you don't have to deal with the hell that Ruby can raise.

Has anyone else noticed that Aire Tali Strom's acronym is A.T.S.?

beyondthegrave
12-27-2004, 06:02 PM
If you value not lossen hours tryin to bet Ruby I recommened fightin emrald first hes easyer but you'll need the materia givin by the old man in some town. Once you bet emerald Ruby should be cake if you follow Doors srategy explaination.

Doors
12-27-2004, 08:18 PM
If you value not lossen hours tryin to bet Ruby I recommened fightin emrald first hes easyer but you'll need the materia givin by the old man in some town. Once you bet emerald Ruby should be cake if you follow Doors srategy explaination.
FF:WA's explanation