PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! Macalania

Sweet Beloved
12-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Can someone help me out? yesturday, I had gotten farther on FFX when I had to battle a machina that Rikku's brother had created. It is after the Macalania Woods. Hoe do I defeat it and what level were you on? PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P!

Emily52
12-12-2004, 04:15 PM
First go into battle with FULL overdrives (including the aeons). I don't remember what level i was on but it did take a lot of training.(CAn you have a level???) Anyway, make Wakka defeat the negator and then make Yuna grand summon an Aeon (preferably Ixion, because lightning does 1.5 times more damage) the crawler will do a mana beam attack, which MAY kill your aeon, but it didnt kill mine so i got to do a second overdrive. if you manage to do everyones overdrive it should die.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Basically, the secret to easily beating almost anything in FFX is to go into battle with ALL Aeons on Overdrive. Even if the boss kills your Aeon after it gets in one hit, just summon up the next one and throw an overdrive at it. Most bosses won't survive long enough for you to go through all your summons.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Basically, the secret to easily beating almost anything in FFX is to go into battle with ALL Aeons on Overdrive. Even if the boss kills your Aeon after it gets in one hit, just summon up the next one and throw an overdrive at it. Most bosses won't survive long enough for you to go through all your summons.

If you rely on Aeons for every boss battle, then there's no way in hell you'll defeat Evrae or Yu Yevon

Demon eye
12-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Never destroy the negator untill u destroy the alot of the crawlers HP then if u have full OVERDRIVES on ALL the characters then use wakka use his overdrive to destroy nigator and hit crawler then use aroun(name right) then tidus,enemy turn,then switch wakka for kimari(name right)use his,attack with the other 2(always keep tidus and aorun)well u got the idea after kimari(name right)after his overdrive any order is fine.

TheFinalFantasyFreak
12-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Here's what I remember what I did.

I don't think I had everyone @ full overdrives. But, by this point I had everyone at their own overdrive mode, its very easy for them to get there.

I had Wakka destroy the negator so that Lulu and Yuna can cast their magic. Why you would suggest not to destroy it is beyond me. Then, I had every an action, so everyone was able to get AP. I then proceeded to get everyone up to their overdrives and wallop the bloody thing.

Though, it is easier if you have everyone in overdrive mode for any boss battle.

Side Note: Using an Aeon during a boss battle is alright. I only use one if I have had everyone take an action, and I usually try to have everyone's overdrive maxed out first before any boss battles.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-19-2004, 10:21 PM
If you rely on Aeons for every boss battle, then there's no way in hell you'll http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif defeat Evrae or Yu Yevon

No problems there. Come on, Yu Yevon is so easy because you can't die. You just keep getting ressurected automatically. You just hack at him until he goes down. Easy. :p