PDA

View Full Version : Good/bad things about X-2, and ways to improve it

DarknessFromAbove
12-13-2004, 02:04 AM
I think I've played X and X-2 a good # of times, so I guess it's safe for me to say that X-2 was the WORST FF game I have yet to play. I mean don't get me wrong, it was "sweet" and all, but just WAY to cute for me, and they made Yuna and Rikku SO stupid and gitty! I am so angry about that :mad2: . . . But there were some good things right? the in-game graphics were cool, and the battles, I loved being able to attack with all 3 girls, as well as stopping fiends in mid-attack. The dress spheres were cool, I can see why there where no playable guys, which sucked. . .
There was a lot of other stuff too, but I can't think of any at the moment. So what do you all think?

Trumpet Thief
12-13-2004, 02:06 AM
chaos: Graphics don't mean anything to me, if the rest sucks. I'll admit, at some parts it was fun, but oter than that, I didn't enjoyed. I tried to force myself to, but nothing.

Rubedo: I never preferred FFX that much myself, either.

DarknessFromAbove
12-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Rubedo: I never preferred FFX that much myself, either. I know what you mean. . . But I never thought it was bad. . . untill X-2 that is, I didn't mind them untill the end of X-2 when Yuna says "It's time for me to go home. Hehe." That was the end of X for me.

Trumpet Thief
12-13-2004, 02:35 AM
chaos: Yes. I found that FFX was perfectly wrapped up and finished, but apparently, they had to continue it- Charlies Angels Style.

Rubedo: What made me hate this game the most was it's commercials. :D

12-13-2004, 02:59 AM
a bad thing about x-2 is the fact that auron isnt there!

=Angelus=
12-13-2004, 04:10 AM
*shrug* what i felt was really lacking was the Limit Breaks... or Overdrives (as we should all call it)

well.. it wasn't exactly great for me... maybe also since i left out quite a bit while i was playing (i only had 71% game completion) but i did think the 3 girl party was a Good thing.. and the world of Spira was revisited by familar faces with diferent occupations, new faces with fresh personalities, new tactics and battle system

but overall.. yes.. there was something lacking seriously in the plot... but i don't think it deserves the title worst FF ever.. in my opinion, FFx-2 was a pioneer venturing into new waters.. testing the uncharted for new grounds to be threaded upon. well.. i think we all just have to bear with it for a while... knowing square, they ought to know what went wrong, and of course, how to make their stuff better ya?

Rabid Dogs
12-13-2004, 04:13 AM
That's true 612, but that would be impossible. One area that would have seriously improved the game, even with the craptastic "cuteness" would have been resolving the plot details. The plot holes were sooooo massive that they detracted from the FF-ness of the game, which was already lacking.

tokyogirl87
12-13-2004, 05:03 AM
The worst thing about it is the percentage, how you have to do everything just right. The best thing is the new game plus. ;)

xXTidusXxX2YunaX2
12-14-2004, 09:49 PM
yeah percentage was a big problem for me oohhhh i kept going back and back see what i did not have but i really liked it actually X and X-2 were my favourite FF games but they could improve it maby a guy playable charcter and more playable characters i would ahve liked it to be able to summon Aeons and Play wakka Lulu and Auron they werent in there though. and Paine being Lulus sister wwould have been a piece of excitement for me..

ShivaBlizzard8
12-14-2004, 11:29 PM
I think it could be improved, but I enjoyed it, and it certainly isn't the "worst FF ever." Mystic Quest, anyone? :p

I think it was the chapter system that really made it obnoxious; FFX had such a solid storyline to it that if they wanted to continue the FFX series, they really should have focused on the plot in this sequel as well. I know they wanted to go for something different, but I felt like it was two games at times; the first being a whimsical platform romp, like Crash Bandicoot or Sonic the Hedgehog with percentages and tasks and whatnot, and the second being an RPG with a serious storyline dealing with Lenne/Shuyin/Tidus and past lives and all that. Unfortunately, the majority of the game played out like the platform, and so it made it seem that the story wasn't that important, thus making us feel: why did they bother?
However, I felt the story was important, and they should have really fleshed it out more, making us care about the plotline like we did in FFX. It just seems they tried to do too much, and make the final product weaker.

However, it was nice to revisit places, and I liked the Lulu/Wakka storyline. It was fun. the battle system rocked. And Paine's a great character; it's a shame they didn' t do more with her.

DarknessFromAbove
12-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Guys wouldn't work in the game though as playable characters. I mean, think about it, Gippal in the Theif dress sphere XD
But more new faces and places would be cool, definitely. What if you could choose which character you were, out of Yuna, Rikku, and Paine, that would be cool(I hate Yuna in X-2, it's all about Paine!) And wear the dress sphere you have on them.
Me and some friends came up with a better story line for X-2, it really is a lot better, Yuna has a long-lost sister! Anyone wanna' hear it? :D

12-15-2004, 03:25 AM
yeah, darkness, tell me more about your better storyline. my emails xorcistx@hotmail.com

Rabid Dogs
12-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Well, aside from the gaping plot holes, the game was still pretty good. What I mean is, they could have at least come up with a lame explanation why the aeons reappeared and the fayth weren't done dreaming and all that. Despite those problems, the game was still fun and the battle system was lively and fast-paced. I loved it until I had to fight that huge beast in the desert. Sorry, I can't remember the name. The Via Purifico was challenging, too. It was fun, but the story felt thrown together in places. I guess they didn't need to do much to the battle system, but the plot could use some serious touch-up work.

By the way, I love this game, and even went out to get it the day after it came out, so I'm not hating on it, I just think they could have improved the story a lot.

:magus:

Lain
12-16-2004, 02:05 PM
X-2 was the WORST FF game I have yet to play. I mean don't get me wrong, it was "sweet" and all, but just WAY to cute for me, and they made Yuna and Rikku SO stupid and gitty!
Yup, I agree. X-2 really sucks. Exactly what you said. Beside that I also hated music, ending, gullwings, blitzball, brother (give me back my lollipop), yuna's clothes (too short pants, you could see her ass) and many many other things. No good things in x-2 for me. It was so stupid-funny that I wanna cry

Del Murder
12-19-2004, 06:14 AM
Keep levels in New Game +.