PDA

View Full Version : please read the following! It is very important to me!

Siru Kai
12-13-2004, 03:58 AM
Hello Everyone

I am a new user here and there is something I have really been needing help with, I am in love with the final fantasy games ok. I must say that i have PLAYED over 150 RPGS on many different consoles.

I have now played all the final fantasy games aside from the first one and I am looking for a game where I can MAKE My own little story of my own while I play the game itself. But I need alot of properties in the game which i will now explain.

so I like a game with many side quests and possibly open ended like saga frontier.

I also like a lot of charracter customization so I can have alot of different things happening in my custom story like a strategy game sorta but does NOT have to be at all. (FF6)

The Graphics are not really much of a concer as long as they are snes or up and around there... alot of features ARE important to me. For Example.. FFVII Transportation, there is just so many different ways, cars ragnarok, baot ( i think), train!

Other Features I like that Make the game have a good replayabilty or customization like the materia system in FF7 and the GUARDIAN FORCE abilities in FF8.

I think most of you know what I mean now so can you guys help me find a game like this!

eestlinc
12-13-2004, 04:03 AM
I don't think this game exists.

YunaGirl05
12-13-2004, 04:04 AM
don't ask me.

Necronopticous
12-13-2004, 04:05 AM
Sounds like you're looking for an MMORPG, get Final Fantasy XI, problem solved.

eestlinc
12-13-2004, 04:11 AM
sounds like (s)he's aleady played ff11, though. You could make your own.

MistaCloudStrife
12-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Try some MMORPGs... there are alot out there... most cost money though.... some free ones are there too...

Endless Online

Xavus Online

PristonTale

And many more... i just named a few... =P

Sephex
12-13-2004, 04:38 AM
I know this may sound lame, or that I am being sarcastic, but play a table top RPG. TOTAL CUSTOMIZATION. Though, I never played one myself...well, seriously that is.

Behold the Void
12-13-2004, 04:40 AM
Dungeons and Dragons is awsome if you don't need shiny graphics and can think on your feet. Of course I have been hearing intriguing things about the new D&D MMORPG.

Mr. Graves
12-13-2004, 05:13 AM
It cannot be found on a console. If it can, someone let me know.

Doomgaze
12-13-2004, 05:18 AM
Baldur's Gate or something? I dunno.

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 05:36 AM
Dungeon Siege.

I dunno if anyone else has played it here, but it rocks. Excellent full 3D graphics. A huge seamless world. Seamless, people! No loading screens at all!! You can't exactly customise your character beyond looks and weapon skills. You upgrade different skills (Melee, Magic, Ranged) by using different methods of attack (Sword, Magic, Crossbow). Hundreds of different enemies and spells. More than a few hundred weapons and thousands of other items (Armour, Potions, etc.). A few side quests, but not too many. And it's not linear! You can go anywhere and do anything you want! You have a party of up to 8 people or you can run around by yourself. Summoning and such is also in there. It's called Dungeon Siege and it's on PC and only costs like $50 (AU).

Cid
12-13-2004, 06:40 AM
150 RPGs? I don't think it's possible.

DMKA
12-13-2004, 06:43 AM

Rainecloud
12-13-2004, 07:27 AM
I think the closest you'll get is either Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights.

Welcome to EoFF, by the way.

Alucard188
12-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Does it have to be turn-based RPG?

Morrowind and Fable are games like that. In Morrowind, there are a LOT of sidequests. That is the bigges map corner-to-corner that I know of.

Fable is a game where you kinda make the story as you play.

Auronhart
12-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Dungeon Siege doesn't have much of a plot, but I guess he didn't mention that.

Doomgaze
12-13-2004, 07:44 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/list_rpg.html

That's just the playstation. I'd say it is manageable.

Auronhart
12-13-2004, 09:11 AM
That's just the playstation. I'd say it is manageable.
Yeah, pretty crazy though, if he's finished them all anyways.

Peegee
12-13-2004, 09:27 AM
*SExORS NOOBIE LOLOLOLOL ASL OMFGASLWTSARS STDHOBBITSEX???@>421/*

Jack
12-13-2004, 09:40 AM
That's nice.

Peegee
12-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Didn't I mail you a christmas card? I should've just spammed it

Shlup
12-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Play Neverwinter Nights.

And I'll bet you 150 RPGs is possible. There are a lot, and you have to remember that older ones are shorter. Zelda II takes like two hours.

Behold the Void
12-13-2004, 10:35 AM
I've not played a fraction of that number and I'm two years older. Should I feel like a failure or like less of a nerd?

Shlup
12-13-2004, 10:36 AM
I've not played a fraction of that number and I'm five years older. How do I feel? Sane.

Behold the Void
12-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Bah, sanity is overrated.

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 10:53 AM
I have no hope of remembering how many RPGs I've played. I've played them on tons of consoles (NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, Playstation, PS2, X-Box, N64, PC, Tabletop) and I've played heaps and heaps of games. I dunno if I've reached 150, but I'd say I'm damn close if I haven't.

~Jim

Meat Puppet
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
I've played a tonne* of rpgs. I hated most of them, and probably completed none.

*estimate

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Of all the RPGs I've played, I've completed less than ten. These include FF7, Zelda (Oot, MM, LA and LttP) and Chrono Trigger. That's it, I think.

~Jim

Despotus
12-13-2004, 01:11 PM
I agree with Alucard188, you should try Morrowind (If you haven't already...) or any other games from that series. It's called the Elder Scrolls saga, and the first two games in it are Arena and Daggerfall. Both are great, open-adventure games and you can find or make really unique weapons and even create your own spells and potions. The first two games are only out for the P.C. (I believe), but Morrowind has been made for the P.C., X-box, and PS2 that I know of... You will spend HOURS and hours playing those games, because they are as endless and open as you want them to be!

Siru Kai
12-13-2004, 01:37 PM
no, i did not beat over 150, that would make me a nerd probably and that is omsething i am not for I have a life... however yes i have played over 150 games like i said....mostly on playstation and ps2 and pc.... annd gba...

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 01:42 PM
What's this?! Are you suggesting that nerds don't have lives? Are you also suggesting that you yourself are not a nerd? I think that posting on a Final Fantasy forum makes us all pretty nerdy in other peoples' eyes. I'm a nerd (And damn proud of it, cuz nerds make all the cash), and I still manage to have a life. I went to the movies on Saturday, and then went back to my mate Dan's place for the night. I go to the mall, I go to parties, I do tonnes of stuff that everyone else does. Don't say that just because you're a nerd means you don't have a life.

~Jim

theundeadhero
12-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Try Fallout 1 and 2 on the PC.

Cless
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
What's this?! Are you suggesting that nerds don't have lives? Are you also suggesting that you yourself are not a nerd? I think that posting on a Final Fantasy forum makes us all pretty nerdy in other peoples' eyes. I'm a nerd (And damn proud of it, cuz nerds make all the cash), and I still manage to have a life. I went to the movies on Saturday, and then went back to my mate Dan's place for the night. I go to the mall, I go to parties, I do tonnes of stuff that everyone else does. Don't say that just because you're a nerd means you don't have a life.
:lol: GO JIM!!!

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Thankyou Cless! Thankyou everybody! I'm here 'till I get bored or there's something good on TV!

~Jim

theundeadhero
12-13-2004, 02:58 PM
I think that posting on a Final Fantasy forum makes us all pretty nerdy in other peoples' eyesI'm not a nerd I'm a DWEEB!

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Dweeb, Nerd, Geek, Loner, Loser, Unloved, etc. They are all linked in some way or another. Except that I'm a nerd, making nerds better. =D

~Jim