PDA

View Full Version : school

YunaGirl05
12-13-2004, 04:00 AM
What do you guys do when you don't want to go to school how do you get out of it. whats the best way to fake being sick?

eestlinc
12-13-2004, 04:03 AM
eat rotten food.

Necronopticous
12-13-2004, 04:03 AM
When I don't feel like going to school I go anyway because if I miss a day I miss a valuable lecture that I payed lots of money for at the beginning of the semester.

Logan
12-13-2004, 04:04 AM
I haven't faked being sick in a long time. Hmm. I used to feign cramps the night before, and my dad would tell me if I felt the same way when I woke up in the morning to just stay in bed and not go to school. I'd never even set my alarm. :D

Kirkpatrick
12-13-2004, 04:15 AM
I would just say "I don't feel well". :P I suppose you could claim you threw up, and flush the toilet, and no one would know...

I don't plan on missing any school this year though, and last year I was only sick (and not really very sick at all) for one day, in the second week of the year.

Really, it's usually not worth it, especially now that I miss so much school for extra-curricular stuff.

Rabid Dogs
12-13-2004, 04:24 AM
Nicely done Necro! That's pretty much how I handle things. I have to leave my house before 7:00 and don't get home 'till after 4, but I haven't even been late for a class. Except the time I left my Scantrons in the car and had to run across both parking lots to get them. And then run back. With two minutes 'till class started. I was late.

MistaCloudStrife
12-13-2004, 04:35 AM
Ehh... well in high school.... I would just skip... just leave... i know all of the security guards so i would lie to thier face and leave to go to the mall...

In College though... skipping isnt worth it unless your teacher is nice and lets u make up the work.. =P And you have a friend that lets u copy notes... thats nice ^_~

Sephex
12-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Back when I was trying to get out of a day of grade school, I devised a pretty solid plan.
There was a rusty wagon under my back porch. So what I did was I snuck out early in the morning with a cup and took some of the rusty water inside the wagon inside my house. I poured it in the toilet and told my parents that I threw up. I stayed home that day for some reason.

My mom told me a story once where one of her friends faked falling down the stairs to skip school. The plan backfired and he really DID fall down the stairs. His mom felt so sorry for him-even though she knew he meant to fake it-and let him stay home for the day.

Venom65437
12-13-2004, 04:37 AM
Just say you have explosive diarreha. It's fool proof.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-13-2004, 04:42 AM
Just say you have explosive diarreha. It's fool proof.

yeah, that can work too

Del Murder
12-13-2004, 05:22 AM
Cut off your arm. Of course, this can only work twice.

krissy
12-13-2004, 05:24 AM
ferris buellers day off

Mr. Graves
12-13-2004, 05:26 AM
You can imagine being sick, and actually become sick, I've heard.

I think I've actually pulled that off once.

Kirkpatrick
12-13-2004, 05:44 AM
Yup. I could (I haven't tried recently) make myself feel sick to my stomach if I tried. That was a "useful" skill, I guess, but I was never actaully sick, so maybe it was all just in my mind :P

Faris
12-13-2004, 05:56 AM
i can't fake being sick :( ,my mom takes my teperature then judges it, then she looks at the coloring of my skin.... sometimes i hate the fact that she was once a nurse.
So in my case, hide all the thermometers then throw up somehow (or do something that makes your face go pale, and don't use make-up) :tongue: but i don't know if it works, i'm too honest to even try :(

nik0tine
12-13-2004, 06:00 AM
If I don't want to go to school I usually just don't show up. Then I yell at my mom until she calls me in sick.

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 06:04 AM
You have to do what I've done. I built up several years of trust by not faking it all through primary school (Years 1-6) and then when I hit high school (Years 7-12), I could do it whenever I want! Of course, i like school cuz I get to see my feiends, so I don't do it very often at all. I don't even need to act sick, I just "go to bed early" (sit in my room with the light off and the sound down and play FF7) and in the morning say I feel sick. My mum will assume I went to bed early cuz I'm sick and she'll let me stay home! Groovy!

Auronhart
12-13-2004, 06:12 AM
I never bothered in High School, partly because it is dishonest to fake and partly because it would be bad to miss classes. (though now I understand that they move at a snails pace in High School) In university, no one cares if you skip, so when I feel tired I might skip some early morning classes. It isn't very good to skip, but it isn't too bad to catch up if your material is online. (do not skip arts courses, they don't like putting material online.) In High School I didn't like skipping also because the teachers would eventually get suspicious of people who kept calling in sick.

escobert
12-13-2004, 06:36 AM
I sit right here.

theundeadhero
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Cut off your arm. Of course, this can only work twice. HA HA!

You can imagine being sick, and actually become sick, I've heard.Thats what I used to do when I was in school and wanted to go home up until 12 grade when I just left.

If I didn't want to go it was easy. Both my parents couldn't be gotten ahold of at work so I would unplug the answering machine and go do whatever. My parents would never know because the school had no way to tell them.

Rusty
12-13-2004, 03:53 PM
The days I usually skipped was when my class as doing assembly and I was supposed to perform or something similar. But I didn't fake it, I just told my dad I really didn't want to go, which was true.

Martyr
12-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Can't you just leave once you get to school? I mean...

How do you get to school?

I always walked. If I didn't feel like going to school, I'd walk somewhere else. (Or ride my bike somewhere else)

Why do you want to pretend your sick anyway?

Dr.K
12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
I haven't faked being sick in a long time. Hmm. I used to feign cramps the night before, and my dad would tell me if I felt the same way when I woke up in the morning to just stay in bed and not go to school. I'd never even set my alarm.

Damn, that is almost uncannily like what i used to do!
But being honest, if you really wanna stay off - you've gotta be commited to your faked illness. Get to bed early and make it known to the parents that what you're going through is suffering (" "). Shock tactics in the morning rarely worked with my mum, it's usually "oh just see how it goes" - so starting your condition the night before is vital.

If you REALLY don't want to go in the next day, try leaving your bedroom window open and put wet socks on going to bed. NB:- this method has been proven to produce actual pathogenic infections :D

Old Manus
12-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Cut off your head. Of course this will only work once. But you get a permanent excuse.

DMKA
12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Don't skip, trust me. You'll wish you hadn't when you're filling out college applications.

escobert
12-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I wish I had tried harder in high school. Instead I slept.

DMKA
12-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I wish I had tried harder in high school. Instead I slept.
Me too...

And went to the bathroom. :(

Jojee
12-13-2004, 06:16 PM
I sit right here.

And i really, REALLY should not have skipped school today.

I kinda miss HS where you are forced to go..... ._.

Psychotic
12-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Set fire to your school.

...oh alright, make sure you do it at night so no-one's in there except some hobos, but no-one cares about them.

theundeadhero
12-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Half the fun of school was not going to school. Now you wish you could go back so you could skip it again. Weird!

Craig
12-13-2004, 06:53 PM
I heard this girl in college today say that when she was in school she drank a cup of salt water in the morning which made her feel sick so her mum would think she was ill.

Silmaril
12-13-2004, 07:37 PM
I was such a bad actor. I ALWAYS went to school coz of my mom. And my dad gives the 3rd degree like friggin hell...

YunaGirl05
12-13-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm on;y in 8th garade so its not that big of deal. i hardely ever stay home even when i am sick. my moms a nurse so can't really fake sick just ask what you guys thought. but i will value your guys information.

bennator
12-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Well, for me, it's easy... I'm lactose intolerant, so anything with Milk in it will make me sick ASAP.

Shlup
12-13-2004, 10:29 PM
I used to just go to school and then leave with my friends.

Now I live on my own so if I don't want to go I just don't. :D

UltimateSpamGrover
12-14-2004, 05:24 AM
Cut off your head. Of course this will only work once. But you get a permanent excuse.

...or get someone to do it for you!

:chop:

12-16-2004, 05:43 AM
i dont get it, so if people are lactose intolerant and cant drink milk, wouldnt your bones just be weak and brittle?

Meat Puppet
12-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Calcium doesn't just come from milk.

bennator
12-16-2004, 09:08 PM
i dont get it, so if people are lactose intolerant and cant drink milk, wouldnt your bones just be weak and brittle?

I can drink milk, but only with medication (and milk is gross anyways)... cheese is fine, because the lactose is already fermented out. Other ways I get calcium include fish (yum), broccolli/spinach (yuck), and calcium tablets (meh).

Baloki
12-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Never bothered faking being ill, its more effort then its worth, remember just because you go in doesn't mean you have to do anything ;)

Liam
12-17-2004, 12:00 AM
i think my last ''trying''to fake ill was..''omg mum i have a really sore ear...:('' it didnt work tho...

=Angelus=
12-17-2004, 04:15 AM
Well.. i do sometimes forget to switch off my study lamp at night... when i woke up, its uncomfortably hot.. i leaned my head against and Viola!! "mum! i think i have a fever! touch my head!!"

Mindflare
12-17-2004, 04:18 AM
I never faked sick. However, if I got sick, I would take pleanty of time in recovering, often missing many days in a row.

Belethdolien
12-17-2004, 05:10 AM
Just pretent you are dizy. And dont eat anything (unless your parents are not watching) wear baggy clothes, or dont get out of bed at all...