PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing Chains of Memories beside me?

Necronopticous
12-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Hey! Anyone have the game yet? if so where are you? I chose Halloween Town as my 2nd floor and I just passed it, thats enough for today. I'm liking the game so far :D

Sefie1999AD
12-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I played the game in Japanese until Atlantica. Now that I got the English version, I started playing that since I can actually understand the storyline. :p I chose Agrabah as my 2nd world, and I'll be playing the game whenever I can. However, I'm having an exam week in school and I'll be going home for Christmas, so I probably won't be able to play KH CoM for a month or so.

ChaosCalibur
12-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Lets see.... i've already beaten, agraba,wonderland,holloween town, the collesium, 100 acre wood, and that's about it, The worlds cards annoy me though... i've spent about 15 minutes looking for a lvl 6 red card...

Ryth
12-13-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm buying it with my b-day money as son as my parents take the time to drive me to a Gamestop!

StarlightAngel
12-14-2004, 12:11 AM
I'm waiting 'til Christmas. I don't know if I can survive, though.... :(

BatChao
12-14-2004, 01:13 AM
I just got it... it's pretty fun of what I've played. I've only completed Traverse Town and the Colloseum, but it's pretty good so far. The battle system is nice, but has it's drawbacks, especially during bossfights. When I was fighting Hades, we had both used so many combos during the fight that we each only were left with 3 cards. I had a 0 and 2 keyblade attack and a 7 heal and he had like a 2, 6, and 5 attack. So for like 15 minutes all I did was break his cards with my 0 and then hit him with my 2 when he reshuffled. It was kinda funny, yet annoying. For a lot of boss fights I'm guessing you can just wait for them to run out of cards and then wail away at them.

Sefie1999AD
12-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Hades was a really tough fight. I've got a suggestion for you, BatChao: avoid stock breaks (Sleighs or whatever they were called) during boss fights. That's just a good way to get rid of your cards permanently. I'd rather just attack and restock cards when I run out of them.

Ryth
12-14-2004, 11:38 PM
I just got it today I'm liking it alot! Also I got a Nintendo 64 and Star Fox 64. :D

abrojtm
12-15-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm at the last boss of Reverse Rebirth Mode :)

Rostum
12-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Am at Destiny Island. I think that's around the 12th floor? Not sure... stuck trying to find a red 8 card.

Trumpet Thief
12-15-2004, 05:50 AM
chaos: Damn, I don't get my copy until Christmas. Luckies :(

abrojtm
12-15-2004, 07:12 PM
I beat Ansem sometime last night. So I'm done; definitely the hardest battle in the game.

animewolf17
12-15-2004, 07:43 PM
would you guys recommend playing kingdom hearts first or can i jump into it without having played kingdom hearts? because i heard that chain of memories is supposed to link KH and KH2 together

abrojtm
12-16-2004, 04:21 AM
CoM really doesn't explain anything that happened in KH, so it'd be pretty hard to catch on if you hadn't played KH. The journal helps to keep you up to speed though.

Roogle
12-16-2004, 06:06 AM
I beat the game like a week ago, yeah. It's a good bridge between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II.

Lain
12-16-2004, 02:26 PM
First I wanted to buy this game in shop but in the end I dowloaded it from internet (sad but cheap). However I love it. So as my second floor I chose Wonderland, 3rd-Coliseum, and now I'm at 4th. I can't decide agrabah, halloween town or monstro...mrhmm

Demon eye
12-17-2004, 12:42 AM
What do u mean by ''floor?????''

ljkkjlcm9
12-17-2004, 12:43 AM
I bought it the day it came out, and I just haven't had time to open it yet, I'll be starting it next week probably.

Dairadai
12-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Hmmm well I have it illegally on my computer, but it is pretty fun besides the damn card system. It's not hard WHAT so ever. But my second platform was Agrabah. Next one is definetly Halloween town because Nightmare before Christmas RULES

Ryu Zero
12-19-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm fighting Hades. I started the game yesterday. :D

agrudis
12-19-2004, 09:13 PM
ur lucky, u peeps in aMERICA, ITS NOT COMING 2 ENGLAND TIL MARCH!

bakabakabaka
12-19-2004, 11:39 PM
First I wanted to buy this game in shop but in the end I dowloaded it from internet (sad but cheap). However I love it. So as my second floor I chose Wonderland, 3rd-Coliseum, and now I'm at 4th. I can't decide agrabah, halloween town or monstro...mrhmm

I dont think its out in the uk yet, or is it?? anyway because of the huge crapness of this country we get games a million years after everyone else!! i only found out about KH gamebay game yesterday!!!! wheres can i download it??

Ryth
12-19-2004, 11:54 PM
I got to floor 4 I made it Halloween Town I'm stuck because I have no lv 8 map cards... :(

SetsuntaMew
12-20-2004, 02:15 PM
I want it badly. I have the ROM on my computer, but it won't work on my laptop (macs hate me) so it's never convenient to play. And I'm tired of leveling up since I did it already for the japanese version (couldn't understand anything, though). I'll probably get it for Christmas. If not, there're going to be complaints ^_^

ninja-yuffie
12-22-2004, 10:22 AM
OK ever since i heard of this game i wanted it SO badly!!!!! i've beaten the game, (KH) i live in the UK, is it out yet? OH NOOOOOO is it for the PS2 or gameboy advanced or whatever, cause what ive seen of it it loox like a gameboy game... I HAVNT GOT ONE NOOOO :(:(:(:(:(

WarZidane
12-22-2004, 06:12 PM
I beat the Japanese one a month or so ago, beat the English version last week. It's a nice game, and the cutscenes are incredible for GBA standards. :p
Of course, i was in it for the story anyway. :D
The gameplay's a bit repetitive though >_>
I disagree about the last boss of Reverse Rebirth being the hardest though, i'd say Riku's clone is the hardest. (the last fight with him, for both playthroughs)

Lain
12-22-2004, 08:11 PM
wheres can i download it??
Site is not working now, but when it would be repaid I'll tell you

ITS NOT COMING 2 ENGLAND TIL MARCH!
No KH in England yet? Lol so it can't be in my country either....good that I downloaded it (sad but no other way possible to get it right now)

bakabakabaka
12-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I think that the UK is surrounded by a bubble because we get NOTHING!!!! i REALLY want ot get KH for the gameboy so when the full PS2 game is out i can do it propally!!! if ANYONE knows a site that i can download it (safely!!) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me!!! all us in the UK will be eternally grateful!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

WarZidane
12-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Don't worry, the UK will have CoM long before KH2 :p

ninja-yuffie
12-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Don't worry, the UK will have CoM long before KH2 oh great, i dont HAVE a GBA, NOOOOOOOOO.....i have to wait THAT long?

Rostum
12-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Okay, so I've beaten both Sora's and Riku's stories. Man... KH2 will be a very good game, I can sense it.

What do you guys make out of KH: COM? Assuming you've beaten both stories.

PS. I strongly recommend you finish Riku's story as well.

wingmaker
12-24-2004, 06:09 PM
:confused: I've beaten every single floor. I'm at destiny island and i can't beat that gosh for saken Riku! Is anyone that far? If so can you tel me how to beat him? I've tried about 20 times! (Liturally) PLease can someone help me out!?

ChaosCalibur
12-24-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm stuck there too, i can only get his health down halfway, then he starts breaking all my cards and keeps using dark firagaga, and i lose :crying2:

Lain
12-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Site is not working now, but when it would be repaid I'll tell you
LITTLE UPDATE:
I know actually why site is not working. It has been hacked.....evrything from the site have been removed.....pity

Necronopticous
12-25-2004, 05:01 AM
I can't beat the first boss of Twilight Town, I'm convinced he's impossible.

edit:: Hmm, I beat him, this game is ridiculously hard.

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 09:42 PM
LITTLE UPDATE:
I know actually why site is not working. It has been hacked.....evrything from the site have been removed.....pity
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
is there another site for it???
i think that the uk will probally invent a HUGE MEGA SPACE ROCKET before we get this game!!!

StarlightAngel
12-26-2004, 09:59 PM
I just got it yesterday AND I LOVE IT!!! I got to neverland, but I can't beat hook. :( His bomb attack kills me...

Lain
12-27-2004, 07:13 PM
is there another site for it???
You can try here:
http://www.dgemu.com/gba.php?code=details&pid=1828
or here:
http://www.extreemu.co.uk/romsview.php?rom=4425
These are only pages I found....hope you can dowload there game too... but I'm not sure

FiendAngelical
12-29-2004, 09:21 PM
I got the game for Christmas! It's a little difficult.

SilverWind
01-01-2005, 04:21 AM
I think it is an awesome game. I still haven't beaten it yet, but seriously! What do you think about it? The battling system was pretty messed up. Overall, great game SqureEnix! Another great one!

Edit: Oops! Didn't realize there was a Square Enix Thread, much less a Kingdom Hearts thread! Sorry, would one of the mods Fix this into one of those threads? :D

Xander
01-01-2005, 04:42 PM
No problem, I'll put this into Necronopticous' CoM thread. =)

xenapan
01-01-2005, 11:21 PM
I can't beat the first boss of Twilight Town, I'm convinced he's impossible.

edit:: Hmm, I beat him, this game is ridiculously hard.

it isnt.. dont button mash and you will do fine.

i finished the game already.. level 52 for sora 43 for riku.

tips
1. in boss battles. if you find it hard, sit back and BREAK. especially if the boss has damaging combos aka hook, hades, a few of the unknowns, the final 3 fights (theres 13 floors.. you will know when you get up there who they are cause i dont want to spoil it ;)
2. hp is nearly useless in this game if you play correctly. always go slights first, cp second. i added to my hp 4 times before i got to 1200ish cp. never needed it.
3. stock and restock EARLY. that means putting cards up there BEFORE you need to use them. that way you arent searching for them when you most need it. Similarly, restock when you get a chance and dont want to attack so you can keep your counter low and thus restock quickly.

Spatvark
01-03-2005, 03:16 AM
the gameplay for KH:CoM is kinda dumb; I just don't liek the card system. It was fun at first seeing as I've never used anything like it, but when it comes to the later fights in Riku's Story, it just gets annoyingly fiddly and becomes a pain in the arse. The plot itself is fairly... nice. Not necessarily good, but you don't mind it. It explains why you're going on with the game and that's good enough for me, and it warms your heart at times, but can over-indulge in the saccharine sweetness at times.

On the other hand, the Reverse Rebirth section sucks so incredibly hard it's unbelieveable. Next to no point, the battle system is even worse, and the main character is somewhat of a gimp.

Maybe I wouldn't mind it so much if I'd played the original; CoM is good in Riku's story, but Sora's is irritating and annoying. If you insist on playing a GBA game, go get Minish Cap instead.

xenapan
01-04-2005, 01:29 AM
reverse rebirth is simply just a bit harder with preset decks you need to learn how to use. :P plus.. dark riku has some pretty spectacular moves. that said all in all, R/R is kinda dissapointing.

Yuffie514
01-06-2005, 10:12 PM
i'll be getting it soon, but i have a question: can i play as Yuffie?

SilverWind
01-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Sorry, Yuffie514, but no... I also am stuck on Hook on level 9 of Castle Oblivion(Used Never Land card on 9th floor)It's funny, while this has nothing to do with Chain of Memories... I got Kingdom Hearts for PS2 for Christmas, but I did not have a PS2! Haha! but I'm getting it exchanged...heh heh...Yeah I think KH:COM is a great game, but the card battling system is kinda odd...!

Halenite
01-07-2005, 02:31 PM
I just got the second set of World Cards and started Atlantica. Cursed school is taking away from time to play this game.

I realized that it might help storyline wise, if I played Kingdom Hearts I so I went ahead and bought that after I got this game.

KeybladeMaster503
01-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Yes, I have been playing it, got it on the first day. I beat it with Sora Twice, and I'm working on my second file with Riku.

Lain
01-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Good news bakabakabaka. Page have been repaired. Now you can download KH Com without problems:
http://www.subfan.pl/index.php?module=download&kid=13

TeH uNkNoWn
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
every1 complaned about rikus last fight but its real EZ. u just get sum 0 cards, and keep braking his sleights. eventualy he runs outof cards 2 sleight with and uses just normal cards. i did this with 3-4 0 cards in my deck. larxene wuz just cheap though

KuRt
01-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Good news bakabakabaka. Page have been repaired. Now you can download KH Com without problems:
http://www.subfan.pl/index.php?module=download&kid=13

Yeah right! could u even tell what the frikin´ launguage is that!?!?!! or where the heck could u find anything from there!?

Lain
01-09-2005, 08:42 PM
There is list of games (you can download them all btw). Just click "Kingdom Hearts:CoM" and download will start. You don't have to know that language. And if it is too hard for you you can try here: http://www.subfan.pl/down.php?id=153

KuRt
01-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks but I already got CoM from other site.
I think it is a very good game! I´ve already beaten traverse town and coliseum but Oogie Boogie is a total P.I.T.A.!!

Edit: i beated him but it was kinda stuoid. just used kingdom key 9 against dices until the bars went down, then just went crazy attacking

Del Murder
01-16-2005, 06:07 AM
the gameplay for KH:CoM is kinda dumb; I just don't liek the card system. It was fun at first seeing as I've never used anything like it, but when it comes to the later fights in Riku's Story, it just gets annoyingly fiddly and becomes a pain in the arse. The plot itself is fairly... nice. Not necessarily good, but you don't mind it. It explains why you're going on with the game and that's good enough for me, and it warms your heart at times, but can over-indulge in the saccharine sweetness at times.

On the other hand, the Reverse Rebirth section sucks so incredibly hard it's unbelieveable. Next to no point, the battle system is even worse, and the main character is somewhat of a gimp.

Maybe I wouldn't mind it so much if I'd played the original; CoM is good in Riku's story, but Sora's is irritating and annoying. If you insist on playing a GBA game, go get Minish Cap instead.
I am tending to agree. The gameplay is a little too redundant and the storyline thus far is just a rehash of the first game. I'll keep playing and see where it leads. Square don't let me down.

theundeadhero
01-16-2005, 06:04 PM
I just bought it yesterday and can't wait to dive into it.

golden_queen_mercury
01-24-2005, 08:27 PM
I bought it about a week ago. I am in Halloween town now! It's so exciting and fun. Can't wait for KH2 to come out.