PDA

View Full Version : Help with cards!

Fayth
12-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Ok, i'm playing through for a second time, and i want to get Edea's card. However, we all know how crappy that random rule can be. Let's say i beat her and get her card; how would i prevent the random rule from spreading? How would i prevent ANY rule from spreading? I don't want to have to play the rest of the game with that darn curse.

Xzirox
12-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Everytime when you try and play cards with people, and theres a new rule that they want to use, simple say "no" untill he/she doesnt want to use the new rule anymore.

Rusty
12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
The random rule originally starts in Dollet, you can avoid it for awhile in the start if you don't play cards with anyone there, but you will eventually get it. Try playing the lady next to the gift shop in Balamb to get rid of the rule. But whenever you go to a new place, they all have different rules, so like I said you probably will pick it up. It comes and goes.

I don't think you can really prevent any rule from spreading and if you tried you'd end up avoiding playing anywhere. You just have to deal with the rules most times in the game, if you don't you don't get the cards you need to refine into items and tools.

If you play alot at the start of the game to get some good cards in stock, the random rule isn't that difficult to play, you just have to get used to it although it's still the most hated rule :)

Xzirox
12-13-2004, 02:27 PM
I don't think you can really prevent any rule from spreading

Wrong, you can, just say "No" when the NPC ask you "Sure, I'll play you" (or whatever it say) and keep on doing it untill it doesnt want to use the new rule(s)....The oldest trick in the book, and trust me, its ALOT easyer to (for example) complete the CCQ with only Open :greenking:

Iceglow
12-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Now now, there is a way a very hard way and legnthy and it requires patience but I have eliminated the rules apart from open from the world. There is a file that tells you how to do this not written by me but written by someone I knew who I spoke for long hours with about this on another forum. if I can find the file on my computer I will bring it in to work and post it here for you all to see. I warn you its not nice trying this and is highly fraustrating but dollet will be the first place you wipe out the random rule from and the last rules you wipe out are the luna rules. damn hard but hell is it worth it :D I got selphies card in the first game. Edea's cards quite hard to get with this guide as you need rules from centra to complete it

nik0tine
12-22-2004, 04:55 AM
Save, and then restart if the rule spreads. Also, use Quezacotl's card mod ability and refine all of you're non rare cards into items. Then even playing under the random rule it will be easy.

rubah
12-22-2004, 06:23 AM
Like xzirox said, you *can* say no (Just say no, kids!). Works every time.

And like fallen_angel said, you can eliminate rules. I've tried this a few times, and it's a lot of resetting and, from what I saw, going back and forth to relearn rules-_- And I've only ever got rid of Plus in Centra (not a very good thing, as plus is so much easier to use than same for me;_;) and something in Deling. I don't remember what, and I may have hallucinated and not abolished a rule there at all:D (which is very possible, as I was playing in F-H to try and abolish some and went to play against flo and was all 'wtp, IRVINE!!!!! how'd you get here baby?!')