PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed this?

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 07:40 AM
As you all know, the first Mako Reactor mission is also Cloud's first ever job for AVALANCHE. Infact, they don't even know his name. But then when he gets back to Tifa's Seventh Heaven, she greets him by saying "Welcome home", and then Cloud goes to sleep downstairs. In the morning he comments on Barret's snoring. This suggests that Cloud lives at the AVALANCHE headquarters, and has for some time. Yet no one knows his name and he doesn't do anything for them. This seems a bit weird, doesn't it? Has anyone else noticed this?

~Jim

Doomgaze
12-13-2004, 07:59 AM
I don't think it implies that at all. It IS his new home, after all, and Tifa would want to make it as welcoming as possible given that he's blathering on like an idiot about things that never happened

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 08:07 AM
Well then where did he live before living there? He hasn't been in Nebelheim for ages, since he thinks it burnt down (He doesn't read the paper, so he didn't find out that it was still there).Apparently, Cloud doesn't have any access to the media or transportation....

~Jim

TheAbominatrix
12-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Nibelheim did burn down, it was rebuilt by Shinra in order to keep things quiet and enable the Reunion. Until Tifa found him in Midgar, Cloud had been contained in a tube in the basement of Shinra mansion in Nibelheim.

Raistlin
12-14-2004, 02:38 AM
Cloud's off his rocker. Never trust a thing he says.

BackRoomKid
12-14-2004, 04:21 AM
^^^haha very good point.

About the Barret's snoring thing. He stayed there THAT night, and he comments on Barret's snoring of THAT night. He never says "Baret's snoring kept me up AGAIN." Truthfully, I have no clue about where Cloud was staying before than. I just assumed he was in the basement in Nibelheim...hmmmm, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Raistlin
12-14-2004, 05:32 AM
Who knows where Cloud stayed after Zack was killed. Cloud sure as hell doesn't. He probably just wandered around in an LSD-like daze until he finally made his way to Midgar, where he recovered his somewhat-functional senses enough to realize that he needed money, hence joining up with Barret and the gang.

One thing I just noticed:

Nibelheim did burn down, it was rebuilt by Shinra in order to keep things quiet and enable the Reunion.
It was rebuilt just to keep things quiet. The Reunion didn't happen until years after Nibelheim was rebuilt.

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2004, 05:39 AM
It was rebuilt just to keep things quiet. The Reunion didn't happen until years after Nibelheim was rebuilt.

Nitpick, super.

Raistlin
12-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Nitpick, super.
You know you love it. :love:

TheAbominatrix
12-15-2004, 12:41 AM
You know you love it. :love:

.... I do

mitchellmeek
12-21-2004, 02:32 AM
Tifa found cloud at the train station - this is not long after he and zack had broken out of the nebilhiem basement and made a beeline for midgar (go back to the basement to see the FMV). The guards killed zach but cloud was just a sick clone of sephoiroth, just like when he's got "MAKO poisoning" in Mideel. His buster sword belonged to Zack, and he picked it up after zack was killed and ended up in midgar, where he was found by tifa and this triggered his artificial memories - that of him leaving the town to join soldier.
I'm 99% sure thats right, havnt played the ganme in a while, any corrections or more questions, email me: mitchellmeek@hotmail.com
cheers and more beers everyone!

...im never gonna be good enough for you...

TheAbominatrix
12-21-2004, 02:54 AM
Cloud leaving town to join SOLDIER actually happened. He simply failed to become one, and ended up as a basic infantry (the blue suited guys).

Raistlin
12-21-2004, 04:12 AM
Yeah, she's right. Cloud left town with the full intention of joining SOLDIER. He just failed because he sucks.

The guards killed zach but cloud was just a sick clone of sephoiroth, just like when he's got "MAKO poisoning" in Mideel.
I don't understand this. He actually did have Mako poisoning. A normal human would've died.

Also, I can't remember exactly if Tifa actually found Cloud at the train station, or that scene was just Cloud's imagination(remember her greeting at the 7th Heaven?). I'm long overdue to replay FF7.

TheAbominatrix
12-21-2004, 04:16 AM
I'm pretty sure they met at the train station. From what I remember, Tifa was the one who got Cloud the job with AVALANCHE.

figurehead
12-21-2004, 05:23 AM
i'm a little confused on this. if cloud really did leave town for soldier, when/how did he end up being an experiment? And did he really know tifa before the game starts or were those artificial memories ?

TheAbominatrix
12-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Timeline:
-Cloud leaves town to join SOLDIER.
-Cloud returns as a grunt, with Zack and Sephiroth. The scenes from Cloud's past (the visit to Nibelheim) are all true, except Cloud puts himself in Zack's place. He says HE is the one in SOLDIER, but it isnt true. Cloud was there, but as a grunt. HE is the one who fights Sephiroth and saves Tifa, and is then taken to the basement with Zack and experimented on.
-Zack and Cloud escape to Midgar.
-Cloud meets Tifa in Midgar and the game begins.

YES all of his childhood memories are true, save for the fact that Tifa and Cloud were never very close. They grew up together, he liked her, he wanted to impress her and so on. If he didnt know Tifa, why would she know him?