PDA

View Full Version : Squall or Laguna?

Flashback007
12-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Ok, who is the better of these two? Who do you like more? I personally like Laguna more, just because he looks kinda cool and I think his "amnesia" is also giving him something that is great. Plus he has a better life story then Squall. In my opinion the FFVIII-story should have been revolved around Laguna. So from his Galbadian days till he became President of Esthar after beating Adel

Polaris
12-13-2004, 09:45 AM
I prefer Laguna, he's more happy than Squall... and more cute...

Xzirox
12-13-2004, 09:46 AM
I agree, Laguna have this cool aura around him, you cant avoind beeing fashinated by him. Well, thats my opinion :D

Faris
12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Is there a choice for "both of them" i like them equally :D

:cookie:

Destination0
12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
yup I like them both but if I had to chose one it will be squall

Anaisa
12-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Oh Squall is the best, He's diffrent, i like his attitude. I thought Laguna was a little silly.

BG-57
12-14-2004, 01:47 AM
Maybe it would be better to have a Laguna side story instead of a regular sequel to FFVIII. There's a lot of unexplored backstory of Laguna and the gang.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Maybe it would be better to have a Laguna side story instead of a regular sequel to FFVIII. There's a lot of unexplored backstory of Laguna and the gang.

I think its too late for that, but they are making sequels to FFVII, so anything can happen...

xtreme112
12-14-2004, 07:21 AM
LAGUNA ALL THE WAY!!!! I dont know about anyone else here, but Squall and ruined final fantasy 8! By the time i got to the third disc it was all just "I love you Squall" "I love you too, but I can't love you because im a stupid moron" They shouldve just rooted each other and got it over with!!!!!

Here we have all these characters like Zell, Irvine and Quistis, and they have to add in those two! If they replaced Laguna with Squall and ditched Rinoa altogether the world would be a better place!

Auronhart
12-14-2004, 08:21 AM
LAGUNA ALL THE WAY!!!! I dont know about anyone else here, but Squall and ruined final fantasy 8! By the time i got to the third disc it was all just "I love you Squall" "I love you too, but I can't love you because im a stupid moron" They shouldve just rooted each other and got it over with!!!!!

Here we have all these characters like Zell, Irvine and Quistis, and they have to add in those two! If they replaced Laguna with Squall and ditched Rinoa altogether the world would be a better place!
Adds newbie to the undeadhero's new pie. :D

Future Esthar
12-14-2004, 12:34 PM
I also prefer Laguna.Laguna was very lovable.He is the most important character of FF8.He is the true hero,not Squall.Without Laguna the evil person of FF8 would still play with Squall and others (like in the entire first disc) forever.Laguna has brains and Squall brawns."Everyone wich plays with a genius will cry in the end".Squall is too arrogant and individualist.

Chris
12-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Laguna :D

Anaisa
12-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Laguna didn't even go and fight Ultemicia with the rest of them so i don't see how if it wasn't for Laguna ultimecia would not have been defeated. And i don't think that Laguna was more intelligent then Squall he couldn't even tell the diffrence between a real ruby dragon and a fake one! And the whole"ive got cramp in my leg" thing, I wouldn't call him a genius.

Faris
12-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Adds newbie to the undeadhero's new pie. :D:lol:
can he replace me? :lol:
I think i made my choice and voted Squall, or was it Laguna!!!!???
I can't remember!!!

Karsh
12-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Laguna was hilarious, and really deserved a larger role than he was given. It would have been cool having him fight alongside with Squall and Selphie, but alas, Square didn't give us that option.

Squall, on the other hand was just a cold fish... but at least he wasn't a bad guy. Main thing I didn't like about Squall was his taste in women. He should have taken an interest in Selphie. I know I would have.

Zante
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Laguna was cool.

Btw, amnesia???

Dking'squeen
12-15-2004, 08:17 PM
although squall is mr kickass in the game, i like Laguna.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-16-2004, 06:00 AM
Laguna cant fight with the others because of the... injury after he jumped off the one Centra? place... and/or he's too old...

Future Esthar
12-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Anaisa,who said Ultimecia was the evil of FF8?I already talked about this.
Laguna donīt recognised the fake dragon neither us.We just know because of Kyros scream.And I donīt know the relation between a leg cramp and inteligence.Maybe you should tell me? Laguna discover for himself the evil one in ffVIII.Squall also but he was confused.But unlike Squall,Laguna keep quiet.

Ryth
12-20-2004, 12:12 AM
I loke Squall best! He's the best character in FFVIII!

abrojtm
12-20-2004, 06:41 AM
I chose Laguna based solely on his kickass battle theme.

lordblazer
12-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Laguna mainly because he has that easy guy personality.He doesn't think too much to the point were he is deluding himself.Yet he doesn't show all of his talents through actions.Anyway SE creates a kickass secondary character only to give him a small role.Its jsut not fair :(

Dark Falken
12-20-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm liking Laguna better so far. He has more "personality" than Squall. His weapon is better, I like guns. :) I also prefer his story to what I'm seeing Squall doing. It's a shame we weren't given the option of using laguna and his buddies after a <ahem> certain point in the game.

BTW, I'm on disk 3 at the time of writing this and this is my first run through.

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I voted Squall....it's because...I like him....oops...did I just say 'like'? I meant..I LOVE him...anyway...he's cuter than Laguna...I think..

lordblazer
12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
I'm liking Laguna better so far. He has more "personality" than Squall. His weapon is better, I like guns. :) I also prefer his story to what I'm seeing Squall doing. It's a shame we weren't given the option of using laguna and his buddies after a <ahem> certain point in the game.

BTW, I'm on disk 3 at the time of writing this and this is my first run through.
goodluck with disc three its all sapppy lovey wovey stuffy-wuffy(taru talk).Anyway Laguna is a good character man SE did a good job thinking up a story i'll just comment again that he is the best secondary character i've seen made with so much detailed and precision that Squall can really just go roll in some dirt for all I care.

rubah
12-21-2004, 05:37 AM
squall, but man, laguna is such a close second. (from being so awesome)

I must say, disc three is my favorite:P mostly because of the lovey-dovey sappy-wappy stuff.

the gunblade is a half gun X.x; it should count:P

Future Esthar
12-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Thatīs it.The secondary characters were really the most important.They hold important keys for the storyline.Thatīs why they appeared little.That way it would be difficult for a person to unlock the secrets of the game.Thatīs the idea.
Oh,and I like Seifer more than Squall,because Seifer has freedom.A freedom that end up arresting him but at least is some.Itīs like if someone scapes from a prision and ends on another.Squal only achieves freedom on the second disc.

Polaris
12-21-2004, 02:20 PM
What does Laguna means? Squall was also a freedom, a quiet freedom...

Future Esthar
12-22-2004, 02:50 AM
Oh,I forgot Laguna.He has total freedom.I like Squall,of course.

Shoden
12-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Laguna never acted his age, rumors r Laguna is Squalls dad and Raine was his mother Squall was better as he is stronger and less experienced also younger so he is misguided through adolescence the Gunblade was awesome but i didnt like the look of the upgrades square cudda put more effort into them.

Angel Rinoa
12-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Come on guys! Give Squall a chance. ^_^

Shoden
12-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Squall is better as he has the better weapon and attacks compare basic stats Laguna's basic stats are really low

Del Murder
01-09-2005, 07:21 AM
I chose Laguna based solely on his kickass battle theme.
Good call.

Memorylight
01-09-2005, 08:26 AM
:D Squall of course, he is so hoooot and his whole attitude is just so, so whatever!
Laguna is just plain cute, but of course, he also has a natural charm.
But well, I vote for Squally boy, just love his weapon, the gunblade is one of the coolest weapons ever created in the ff games!

Wolfmeister
01-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Thanks to Laguna,

without him there would not exist a man as cute as Squall Leonhart :D :D :D

so I choose the father.

Quistis Trepe
01-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Laguna's a guy I'd rather share a bed with.

I MEAN... Laguna's just really cool. He's a goof, and it's okay. He's a softy on the inside and has a great relationship... well, had... with a great girl (I'm talking about Raine, not Julia). His theme music is awesome, whereas Squall... does he have one? Squall's Limit Breaks are powerful, but Laguna's reminds me of Indiana Jones or something, lol. And being an Indiana Jones fan, it gives him a few bonus points.

Oh,and I like Seifer more than Squall,because Seifer has freedom.A freedom that end up arresting him but at least is some.Itīs like if someone scapes from a prision and ends on another.Squal only achieves freedom on the second disc.

Yes, Seifer didn't do what he was told, but what they were told were what would make them into robots. I have little respect for authority, so I naturally respect Seifer's disrepsect for authority.. make sense? *laughs* Oh, but we're not talking about Seifer, though he's awesome too.