PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

Dianom
12-13-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm trying to draw a pic of yuna from x-2 but I can't get her fingers right, can anyone give me any tips on how to draw fingers plz.

=Angelus=
12-16-2004, 04:28 AM
heh... well.. i'm just a beginner artist as well... but my hands start looking a bit more realistic after i practiced a bit

a problem with most people is that they tend to overlook detail completely.. its not really a bad thing.. but when you want people to know straightaway what your drawing.. you probaly need some level of detail

Take each part of the hand into isolation.. maybe you could draw grids on a picture... then cut the squares out... and then just draw grids on the sheet you intend it to be on, then draw the picture square by square

its tedious, but thats called practicing..

hope this is useful to you, and maybe i can look forward to seeing your art pieces one day :p

DeBlayde
12-16-2004, 07:37 AM
kinda depends on what you want to emphasise in the picture.

if you have a picture that hasn't any real detail on most things, but a great deal of detail on one aspect, that aspect, like hands, is being particularly emphasised.

but, in general, try drawing a pentagon for the main palmy bit, then squished ovals, 3 per finger, 2 for the thumbs. Flesh it out a bit, toss in a couple halfmoon lines across her fingers where the second knucle goes, and ba-dum.

female hands are supposed to be all smooth and delicate, so the fingers should be fairly long and slender. particularly so with Yuna cuz she's still a little girly-girl in x-2.

Dianom
12-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanx I'll try both of those out. I'm a perfectionist in my drawings so I want the entire drawing to be perfect.

=Angelus=
12-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh my... another person vying for best artist i see :D Good Luck!!

Dianom
12-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Oh my... anyone person vying for best artist i see :D Good Luck!!

Don't know what u mean but thanx anyway

Dragon Ash
12-16-2004, 04:56 PM
i like angelus' idea. i used to use that method and even my drawings came out not too bad!

u have to email me a copy of your drawing when you're finished dianom.

btw my emails changed it's now skyedream@hotmail.co.uk

=Angelus=
12-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Ack!! sry sry!! i meant *another....

anyway.. yup.. if you can, send me an e-mail too! its Souled@gmail.com

Dianom
12-17-2004, 01:37 PM
I realised what was wrong it was the proportion of her hands it didn't look right it was too big.
Thanx for ur help anyway

black orb
12-17-2004, 04:55 PM
can anyone give me any tips on how to draw fingers plz.
>>> Try to draw your own hands, that would help..

StarlightAngel
12-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Be sure to notice that if you were to put your hand on your face, it would be around the same size if you're doing realistic art. Don't make them too small, don't make them too big (unless you're going for cartoony goofiness). Try to find a happy medium between big and small.

=Angelus=
12-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Be sure to notice that if you were to put your hand on your face, it would be around the same size if you're doing realistic art. Don't make them too small, don't make them too big (unless you're going for cartoony goofiness). Try to find a happy medium between big and small.
Hey!! i was about to say that!! ... *sulks silently in a corner*
well... it does seem that alot of people read the "How to Draw Manga" books here... ;)