PDA

View Full Version : Is Yuffie Really A Princess?

Yuffie514
12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
okay, Yuffie's dad is Lord Godo, right? so, i guess that makes her a princess, right? so, where are all my guards! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

bEoWuLfX
12-13-2004, 04:02 PM
no. just no.

Wuggly Blight
12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
No, its may not be obvious to you, but lord is not the same as royalty, shes the daughter of a nobleman, thats it.

Yuffie514
12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
i don't buy that :mad: ; Yuffie doesn't have to neccessarily be the daughter of a king to be a princess. the daughter of a duke or baron are also called princesses. take Tenchu for example, Kiku is a princess, even though her father, Lord Gohda, is not an emperor, but a daimyo.

=Angelus=
12-14-2004, 03:54 AM
I totally agree!! but shes a thief.. and thieves are better off stealing a "certain someone"'s materia than laying around in a castle all day looking at ppl bowing

heeheehee... not sure if this quote is correct.. but "Go and save the world... but remember to bring back the materia"
or something like that... about the party won't be needing their materia anymore after the final battle :P

xtreme112
12-14-2004, 06:59 AM
I agree! What kind of a princess would Yuffie make? Yuffie is Yuffie!

Yuffie514
12-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Yuffie's the princess of thieves, trickery, pranks, etc.

Chris
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
I guess Yuffie's what you call a second rate royalty.

Wuggly Blight
12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
i don't buy that :mad: ; Yuffie doesn't have to neccessarily be the daughter of a king to be a princess. the daughter of a duke or baron are also called princesses. take Tenchu for example, Kiku is a princess, even though her father, Lord Gohda, is not an emperor, but a daimyo.

No. To be a princess you must be royal, thats the whole point of royalty, cartoons films and even shakespear change the rules for the show, so dont take tv's word face value because its show. besides, she just isnt, shes the daughter of the noblemen who governs the town.
Nobility and royalty are very diffrent, noble airs have no title until the title bearer passes away and then pass the title on to them, morbid but its the way of the aristocracy. Oh, Yuffies awful anyway :p

Yuffie514
12-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Yuffie is not a Shakespearean princess and she doesn't have to be :mad2: . besides, Wutai is an oriental place: the line of lineage is different in Asia. besides, aren't i entitled to my own opinions?! i don't need some know-it-all to correct everything i say! PS: Yuffie is not an awful character for your information.

Wuggly Blight
12-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Wow someone needs to grow up.

blue_midget192
12-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Wow someone needs to grow up.

No she doesn't. I think you need to lay off slightly. People should be able to state their own opinions without others continualy countering everything they say. You've said you don't think she she's right so you don't need to keep saying it! I think it was suposed to be a lighthearted thread in the first place, not a serious discussion about royalty and lineage.

Wuggly Blight
12-15-2004, 04:37 PM
If she did not want people to discuss it, dont post it. I was mearly responding to her post, its the way forums work. If she is not mature enough to take in others posts she should not post.

blue_midget192
12-15-2004, 04:48 PM
yes i konw "that is how the forums work" but the tone of your reply isn't particularly great, and theres definatly no need to bring maturaty into it.

Wuggly Blight
12-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Im not going to get into a flame war, but its all about that. To be a member of a fourm you MUST be mature enough to take other members posts and not throw a hissy fit.

blue_midget192
12-15-2004, 04:52 PM
thats fair enough, even thouhg i dont realy think her post was a "hissy fit"

Yuffie514
12-15-2004, 05:43 PM
To be a member of a fourm you MUST be mature enough to take other members posts and not throw a hissy fit.

since when did i see that? :rolleyes2 i started this thread to try and clear up some things about Yuffie, i didn't ask for some 411 on "what it takes to be a princess". besides, if i was immature, then i wouldn't even be able to spell "Shakespearean"!

Wuggly Blight
12-15-2004, 06:01 PM
that was not a 411, I was answering the question, If I wanted to give you a 411 you would know it, now calm down or leave the forums because nobody likes a child who gets upset when things dont go there way.

Yuffie514
12-15-2004, 06:10 PM
alright, alright! i admit it -- i took it a little too seriously. but you know, the idea stemmed from a thought about Yuffie's heritage. now, if we can put this topic to rest. please accept my apologies for being rude, Wuggly Blight, i guess i shouldn't have let my tempers flare, but i guess i did it all out of respect for Yuffie -- she's my favorite character, we're alike! but, i promise i won't let my feelings get in the way.

Heath
12-16-2004, 06:01 PM
No she doesn't. I think you need to lay off slightly. People should be able to state their own opinions without others continualy countering everything they say. You've said you don't think she she's right so you don't need to keep saying it! I think it was suposed to be a lighthearted thread in the first place, not a serious discussion about royalty and lineage.

But when the facts are in black and white you can't argue against them. I could say that the sky is made of molten lava, by your logic, and because it's my opinion I couldn't be proved wrong.

She asked a question, he answered it. And I agree, with what he said about it for the record. And while it isn't explicitly said that you must be mature enough; it's a given.

Finally, being able to spell something doesn't define maturity, you could look it up in a dictionary for starters, and maturity is shown through actions and reactions, not through spelling, grammar, mathematics, etc.

Dark Ekonis
12-16-2004, 07:05 PM
ok, FF is a video game where the laws of this world do not apply, and nowhere in the game does it disprove that Yuffie is not a princess, nor does it state that she is one. The only means is speculation. we can speculate that the FF world has the same laws of royalty as England, or the Orient. I would possibly lean more twards the Orient, where Yuffie could be concidered a princess. to argue wheather or not she is one will end in a draw, no winners nor losers. so if someone wants to believe that Yuffie is a Princess the so be it, let them, I mean whats the harm in that.

Doomgaze
12-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Lord Godo rules the nation of Wutai (presimeably he is not elected), therefore, Yuffie is the equivelent of a princess, even if she doesn't use the title. He is a monarch, whatever they call him.

Wuggly Blight
12-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Um where did you get that? Noble rule is common but there not monarchy at all, Monarchy use the same pretty much standard rules, and there is a clear diffrence between royalty and noblity, which Godo is part of Noblity. Yuffie has no title until her father dies then she will be known as Lady.

Dark Ekonis
12-16-2004, 10:07 PM
we could do the rounds all year about this, is she or isn't she a princess, it wont matter if the evidence supports either side some people are going to back up their sides till the death. so If you think she is then she is, if you think shes not then shes not, case closed...

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Let's stick to answering the question and save the snippy comments. Thanks.

I don't think she is a princess.

nik0tine
12-18-2004, 07:08 AM
This thread is humorous, to say the least.