PDA

View Full Version : what is the neo-midgar plan?

omnislasher
12-13-2004, 06:41 PM
its been a while since I played 7 all the way through, and so I started a few days ago. when president shinra is talking about starting about the neo midgar plan again, does he mean the search for the promised land?

lgrowse
12-13-2004, 06:44 PM
yes because the reactors at midgar are running low so they
need a new source of land to get mako energy why not the
promised land (northen crater)

Wuggly Blight
12-13-2004, 10:26 PM
They wanted to rebuild Midger in the promised land, hence "Neo-midger" Problem was the plan was tripe.

MistaCloudStrife
12-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Northern Crater is not the promised land.... O.o They NEVER callerd it that.... they called it Northern Crater.....

SquallKicksAss
12-14-2004, 02:58 AM
Yeah, MCS is right. The Promised Land can only be found by an Ancient. Anyone could walk into the Northern Crater if they felt like it. Northern Crater is where Jenova landed. It's also where Sephieroth holds the Reunion.

~Jim

omnislasher
12-18-2004, 03:48 PM
I think that the promised land is more like something close to an afterlife, or some sort of state of being/mind. I really dont think its an actual physical place. and I think that at the end of the game, Aeris had made it there.

Raistlin
12-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Northern Crater is not the promised land.... O.o They NEVER callerd it that.... they called it Northern Crater.....
Rufus called it the Promised Land in the 2nd disc.

feioncastor
12-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Rufus called it the Promised Land in the 2nd disc.
When in the 2nd disc? Like, what specific part, if you can remember, cause I'm gonna have to look into that.

I've always thought of the Promised Land to be on another plane of existence. Like, there's no way to get there except by magic. Like you can't fly there, or drive there, or dig there or anything.

Feion

Shoeberto
12-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Rufus calls it the Promised Land the first time you go to the Northern Crater, when Cloud freaks out and gives Sephiroth the Black Materia and the weapons all wake up. He's there with Hojo and Scarlet when he says it, and it's right before Cloud and company arrives.

Wuggly Blight
12-19-2004, 04:35 PM
They belive it is, even sephy, problem was, its not. The real promised land could only be found by an anicent and hence Aeris found it first (as it states in the ending)

Raistlin
12-19-2004, 05:23 PM
They belive it is, even sephy
Nope. Just Rufus, Scarlet, and the rest of the Shinra goons(excluding Hojo, who doesn't believe in the Promised Land in the first place).

The real promised land could only be found by an anicent and hence Aeris found it first (as it states in the ending)
It doesn't state anything remotely like that in the ending.

Doors
12-19-2004, 05:45 PM
I think that the Neo-Midgar was a bunch of http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif thought up by Squaresoft.
Now argue with me plz!

DJZen
12-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Doors, you shoulda been posting a month ago, that way I coulda voted for you for funniest member instead of myself.

I've been of the impression that Square likes to get WAAAAAAAY too conceptual and winds up with a bunch of loosely bound metaphysical nonsense. I'm just waiting for a FF game where a central character learns that not only is he his own father, but he's also the son of god, the destroyer of all worlds, a bio-experiment gone horribly wrong, and the re-incarnation of the angel of life.

Then again, maybe this whole fiasco actually made sense when it wasn't in engrish.

Wuggly Blight
12-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Nope. Just Rufus, Scarlet, and the rest of the Shinra goons(excluding Hojo, who doesn't believe in the Promised Land in the first place).

It doesn't state anything remotely like that in the ending.

I must be dreaming then when it says We can find here there, in the promised land. I guess I need those pills.

Raistlin
12-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Maybe Cloud spouts off some nonsensical blithering like that. I stopped paying much attention to what Cloud said. :p

Yes, it does say only a Cetra can find the Promised Land, but it doesn't say that Aeris actually found it. At least, definitively(Cloud doesn't count as definitive for anything).

Wuggly Blight
12-20-2004, 04:52 PM
yeah but at that point its obvious square ment it, and why wouldnt she? You cant base an agument if you stop listening to what he is actually saying!

Raistlin
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
yeah but at that point its obvious square ment it, and why wouldnt she?
Oh give me a break. My interpretation of the Aeris-being-in-the-Promised-Land quote is merely that she's dead. Maybe that's where the Promised Land's found for Ancients?

You cant base an agument if you stop listening to what he is actually saying!
It was an obvious joke to obviously try to cover-up the fact I didn't remember it off the top of my head.

BudSoda02
12-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Well here's my theory. I think Hojo said something about the Northern Crater not being the Promised Land. I think he's right. Why? Well, Jenova crashing into the world caused that gaping hole in the ground. The Lifestream/the planet was trying to heal the wound to it's self. This is what causes the large abundance of Mako to appear there. I think the Promised Land is the ancient's heaven. More later.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com I get an excellent SPAM blocker so, I don't get junk mail, I just block annoying SPAMMERS.

Jojee
12-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Well here's my theory. I think Hojo said something about the Northern Crater not being the Promised Land. I think he's right. Why? Well, Jenova crashing into the world caused that gaping hole in the ground. The Lifestream/the planet was trying to heal the wound to it's self. This is what causes the large abundance of Mako to appear there. I think the Promised Land is the ancient's heaven. More later.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Do you get a lot of junk mail? Posting your email like so may be why :p those evil robots, they're everywhere nowadays... *shakes fist*

Uh right. Promised land can be heaven or something, I dunno ;P It really wasn't that important in the end...

Raistlin
12-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Do you get a lot of annoying messages? Posting around Jojo may be why :p those evil twerps, they're everywhere nowadays... *shakes fist*

:D

Anyway, yes, Hojo said that the North Crater wasn't the Promised Land. However, you can't use that in your theory to define the Promised Land as heaven because Hojo also argued that the Promised Land didn't exist at all.

However, I do agree with you that the Promised Land(if a physical one exists) is not to the found on the Planet.

BudSoda02
12-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Well maybe the spirits of the Ancients could come back to the world & take the people they knew & were friends with there when they spent a certain amount of time there. They'd also have to be well behaved, as Aeris is most of the time. (Except that whole thing in the market, but they worked it out.) This means Cloud & his friends could go, but SHINRA or Pres. Rufus couldn't. I think there was a mention of Midgar being the Promised Land... but I don't believe that. I think it's out of the world.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com