PDA

View Full Version : Improvements for KH2?

Rabid Dogs
12-14-2004, 03:55 AM
Kingdom Hearts was a good game, but it had some serious problems that really hampered its overall quality. Obviously, the camera was problematic, but other defects lingered. For example, I feel that the Square characters in the game served little more than token roles and were only included to lure enthusiasts, like me, into playing the game. I continued playing because it's fun, but had I known that the game would be Disney-dominated, I would have been more hesitant to try it.

This is only one example. Please discuss other areas where change is needed for KH2.

:magus:

Ryth
12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
-camera
-I had some slow down in Hollow Bastion that's probably my discs fault but if it isn't it should be fixed
-scrap or revise the gummi ship (wasn't too fun for me)
-CHOCOBOS WARK!
-FF characters play a more important role
-Sephiroth plays a more important role
-I want it to be a bit longer
-better lock-on system

Rabid Dogs
12-15-2004, 03:15 AM
That's wonderful Sephiroth. Anyone else got suggestions? KH2 can be an absolutely awesome game, given Square makes the necessary improvements in terms of plot and battle systems and whatnot.

Rostum
12-15-2004, 05:49 AM
The worlds could be bigger.

Trumpet Thief
12-15-2004, 05:54 AM
chaos: It had such an epic feel to it, that truly, I didn't mind too many of the problems; truly, they didn't feel very distracting.

Rubedo: Gummi Ships- I absolutely detested them. I sure hope I never have to go through a hellish experience like that, ever again.

Trowa: *Sits and stares and sits and stares* Otherwise, it was just fine. Just wan't more SE characters; Disney better take the backseat this time.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* More villans as well, not just Sephiroth. I would be looking forward to Seifer fighting on the villan's team for a while, then, having a change of heart. Also, Reno and co. would be pleasant.

chaos: I hope they do make this game a little more angsty, as the secret video REALLY implied that.

Chibi Youkai
12-17-2004, 11:23 PM
They definantly need to improve the gummi ships. I mean, they were fun to try to make, for a few times, but trying to get the parts to attach, and get it to have everything to work properly was too much work, and the system really needs reforming. The cameras need desperate help too, but I hear that they are going to have that fixed anyways.

Ryth
12-18-2004, 12:10 AM
The worlds could be bigger.

Oh I forgot about that yes they certainly need to be bigger! Also thanks Rabid I do my best :D

One winged angel of death
12-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I think they should make a better battle system and more life and more magic and more keyblades especially strong keyblades of course.

StarlightAngel
12-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Bigger worlds
Gummi Ships must die
Longer game
More FF characters

That's about all I can think of. Oh yeah!

100 Acre Woods must be burned down

All done :)

12-18-2004, 02:31 PM
yeah more ff less retards. i think they should let you play with an ff character to. like in kdh squall yuffie aerith cloud sephiroth cid like all that many and i got stuck with goofy and donald :mad: WHY COULDN'T WE PLAY WITH FF CHARACTERS! I got stuck with the two retards of the game. luckily i found out i could throw boxes at them and i hit one of them in the head lolz.

Ryth
12-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Also here's another;

You could swap characters to play as not just Sora especially since in KH2 you can have FF characters in your party like Auron.

Larahl
12-18-2004, 04:33 PM
That the party members could be more helpfull

Chibi Youkai
12-18-2004, 04:40 PM
That the party members could be more helpfull

no joke.

12-18-2004, 04:44 PM
OMG! They really could be more helpful! like donald had all his life and i was about to die and outta magic and goofy gave donald magic and healed him and donald dosen't even heal me!

Chibi Youkai
12-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Or, he heals you when you don't need it, wasting magic and potions. Even when you have it set to use everything only in emergency.

Ryth
12-18-2004, 10:44 PM
That's when you go to customize and adjust what they do. :rolleyes2

Chibi Youkai
12-18-2004, 10:52 PM
That's what I just said. They still waste potions, even when you have everything set to use as little as possible.

Ryth
12-18-2004, 11:02 PM
That's what I just said. They still waste potions, even when you have everything set to use as little as possible.

Oops heh heh that's strange though it never happened to me though I adjusted them and they were less useless.

12-18-2004, 11:48 PM
i never give donald potions anymore and he only put aeroga on me it isn't fair! and then i can beat bosses easier when they're knocked out.

Chibi Youkai
12-19-2004, 04:26 PM
It is sometimes easier to beat bosses when their dead, 'cept like cerberus, when you can jump on his back, and let them do all the work.

Ryth
12-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Ph and Sora needs to get smaller shoes I know they're smaller than his shoes he has smaller shoes in Halloween Town but otherwise they're HUGE!!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-20-2004, 12:38 AM
100 Acre Woods must be burned down

ah man i thought that place was fun lol!!

All the things i want fixed have already been said...but the flaws didnt distract me from enjoying the game...

Chibi Youkai
12-20-2004, 02:32 AM
I nearly threw my T.V. during that stupid thing.

12-20-2004, 02:52 AM
n-nearly? I threw my stuffed animals playing that... but it was fun launching pooh half way across the freaking place. :Laughing:

abrojtm
12-20-2004, 04:56 AM
My allies weren't that bad, I had Goofy set to only give Donald MP Gift, and Donald would heal me often. They both had MP Rage equipped, so I never ran out of MP.
I want the battle system to be less hack-and-slash action.

ArkBennett
12-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Yes, When KH first came out I wanted to try it because of the FF characters in it... They need to allow you to have them in your party not to mention not just keep them in that "Certain" world for example
Agrabah-Alladin.

Not only that but.. Shoulden't that have some FF worlds? You know to make it more interesting?

12-20-2004, 11:11 AM
YES! *knocks on glass* PPL PUT MIDGAR IN THERE OR ZANARKAND OR OR SOME PLACE FROM FF PLZ! but keep the nightmare before christmas planet on there. THAT ROCKED!

Xander
12-20-2004, 11:29 PM
I hope they do something different about the camera. It's not that I minded changing it around myself so much, it's just for some reason I very often got a feeling of motion sickness while playing KH, which really bugged me since I loved playing it apart from that, but sometimes I had to stop because I felt sick =/ And it must have been the camera because I've never felt like that with any other games. So yeah I hope they sort it out so I can play KHII without feeling ill. xD

And I'd kinda like to not have to do the Gummi Ship thing at all and just use warp portals all the time, but that's just cos it bugged me.

Some of the worlds could be a bit bigger and less "wooden".

Apart from that I wouldn't be bothered if it was pretty similar since I loved KH so much, but I'm sure it will be an even better or at least a new and brilliant experience. =)

Rabid Dogs
12-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Or, he heals you when you don't need it, wasting magic and potions. Even when you have it set to use everything only in emergency.

I had that problem, too. I finally just quit equipping more than about one or two potions on them, because I knew they'd be wasted as soon as we started a battle.

Anyways, I guess they could juice up the battle system. It wasn't bad last game (except for the camera), but I think they could do better.

ArkBennett
01-15-2005, 07:47 AM
There is definatly an AI on the game of KH such as giving donald or goofy items. I would be fighting a boos battle and win and right at the last second the would toss and elixar or somthin at me!

Plus, I'm replaying the game on Expert mode and I find how really useless they... are I mean really I prefer to fight alone if it wasen't they were targets. Also what would be cool is if Sora had more forms such a holloween town which rocked btw. If there was Zanarkand it could like A blitzball player died or somthin' and Sora dresses up like a cooler version of Tidus and you play an Advanced version of Blitzball.

And have an some more FF characters and less Disney characters.
According to a review on a Gamestop magaizine a read there is supposed to be like 108 disney characters in the game and like 12 FF characters in also. FF9 characters would be nice, I would be looking forward to seeing Vivi or Zidane.

Adding a card game would be pretty nice using the card from KH:COM.

*Edit*

Would be nice if they had some more optional bosses like WEAPONS and also replace the Gummi System with a Chocobo one?

Cloud Strife fanatic
02-13-2005, 06:20 AM
I think some more secrets would be a welcome change. =)

Fate Fatale
02-14-2005, 03:21 AM
I hate threads like this, They bring out the worst in games... And you all do realize that this IS NOT a FF game... So what is the need to play as ff characters? Do the Xenogear games have FF characters in it? How about the Chrono games? Nope! Its an entirely new series, Square just put the FF chacters in it to attract older people. This game is supposed to be a fun experience with something of our past, I know that almost everone here has atleast heard of Disney, or seen a movie of thiers. Nostagia is the key, as well as newer and cooler FF Characters...

Okey, I'm done...

Chibi Youkai
02-14-2005, 03:47 AM
The game was a collaboration between square and disney, so it is to reason that people would want to see more square characters in it. That's only natural. Plus, we're trying to bring the worst out in games. It makes us appreciate the good things more. Plus, when it gets fixed in the sequal, that makes us all the happier. That's just my take on it though.

KuRt
02-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Well atleast that wud be good if u cud choose will you take 0-2 members with you, but a HUMONGOUS new thing is that KH2 is in real time!! so it has day and night, dusk and dawn! kinda :cool: cool
also there will be those new white stretchy monsters with the organisation sign on their head (so did vexen or someone make them?)

AND there will be a new camera system that will be controlled with the right analogstick (so i gues u can watch the game from up above)

Destai
02-14-2005, 12:11 PM
The camera has been improved along with the fighting style. Other imprvements are unknown but you can expect more.

lombrai
03-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, the thing that i really hope thatl get better, is that the worlds are bigger, and there are more worlds, and that the game is much longer, thad be great to. and changing characters, like switching donald for auron, i dunno, id find that silly, like a 30 (i dont know its age) old man, and a 15 old boy, thad be kinda weird. but it is said, that there will be another boy in the game, that also has keyblades, and that you can control him, well, i think that most people already know that.

Destai
03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
I never minded the camera much. The FF and disney characters were just cameos to lure people like me in. im glad they were just that. The storyline is excellent as it is. If FF's your thing the group of black hooded men known as the organization who appear in CoM and in who will appear in II are just as good as any FF characters. If I want FF characters I mightjust play FF. Again theyre just cameo and shouldnt effect the storyline.

Ouch!
03-14-2005, 02:45 AM
I don't think that I'd want more FF characters. They were meant as cameos. More original SE characters, on the other hand, I'd like. To be perfectly honest, in KH there really only was Sora, Kairi, Riku and Ansem. With the addition of the BHK and the Organization, I think that problem has been fixed.

I could also do with some larger worlds, and if I'm not mistaken somewhere along the lines I read something about the worlds being a lot more in-depth. Don't quote me on that, though.

I also remember reading somewhere that some train in Twilight Town or something was going to be the main form of transportation and the Gummi ship was going to be some sort of side-quest thing. Again, I have no idea where I read that and there's a good chance it's just some strange rumour.

Some more original worlds would be nice. Twilight Town, I think, is a step in the right direction. Sure, I love the Disney worlds, but for me, Traverse Town, Destiny Islands, Hollow Bastion and the End of the World were the only real ones. And to be honest, Destiny Islands was such a small part of the game that it didn't matter much and the End of the World didn't have any substance to it. It was just a way to throw in some extra bosses and some relatively difficult battles.

And while I'm discussing worlds, I want more of them. Not just new ones (which we're obviously getting) I want more of them. Maybe it's because the worlds were all so small, but I felt like I just blew through the game. Either they should have as many larger worlds, or more worlds of the same size. Or maybe more larger worlds, that'd be ideal.

As far as everyone complaining about that camera... I never really noticed any sort of problem with it. Guess it's all person preference.