PDA

View Full Version : Level 20 in Vana'diel

InConcert
12-14-2004, 05:08 AM
I read somewhere that in FF XI, once you reach level 20 you MUST be in a party to gain experience. Is this true?

UltimateSpamGrover
12-14-2004, 05:33 AM
I read somewhere that in FF XI, once you reach level 20 you MUST be in a party to gain experience. Is this true?

wrong! , thats from level 10 on, unless you want to gain 12 exp from a easy prey monster fighting solo

EDIT: Where's Lionx? (Hmmm.)

It's not that hard getting in a party, unless you're not a cookie cutter job like yours truly

Lionx
12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
EDIT: Where's Lionx? (Hmmm.)

Hello! O.o

Pretty much lvl 10 is the starting mark for most jobs getting a party for optimal exp. Certain jobs can lvl up to 15-ish soloing(abit a way longer route), and i know of MNKs soloing up to 18 and partying with me at that lvl knowing nothing whatsoever about partying. Basically lvl 10 is the basic starting point, and certain jobs can try to push it as far as they can solo, but eventually they will have to party.

VDeity
12-14-2004, 10:46 PM
What kind of benefits do you really get from WAR/PLD?

It doesn't seem too effective, as you're stuck with Cure 1 for sooo long and MP is like... nonexistant. True you get a little bit more defense, but what about it do you like?

Not that I'm looking down on it or anything, just curious.

Heck, I play BLM/NIN when I'm not on my PLD60/WAR30 :P

Fun as heck for me, and the Utsusemi really saves the day when you're with a newbie tank :P Also, you get extra Int+ from having 2 Wands :)

Mithra really love INT+ :D

UltimateSpamGrover
12-14-2004, 11:29 PM
What kind of benefits do you really get from WAR/PLD?

Actually I was a WAR/RDM til level 45 (RedKnightGrover), but now I've taken the PLD sub , thus making my name.... UltimaKnightGrover! :hyper:

... so when I switched to WAR/PLD, the PLD sub was high enough level to have Cure II

Lionx
12-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Wondering if you use lots of juices or get a RDM or BRD Friend..i know most wont even bother with your mp =/. MNK has same VIT and more HP to boot =/

UltimateSpamGrover
12-15-2004, 12:53 AM
thats why you just gotta love static parties :D

VDeity
12-15-2004, 12:54 AM
You never really answered my question though :P

Other than giving you your nice little name, I really can't see any real benefit from taking that subjob.

Or maybe I'm just caring too much lol

Lich3636
12-15-2004, 03:47 PM
It's not that hard getting in a party, unless you're not a cookie cutter job like yours truly[/QUOTE]

btw I love blm/nin once I get my whm/blm to 40 im gunna go get nin job (I say 40 because my ls needs me for bcnms all the time and I have blm subbed so I can use blm/nin that much longer ......yes I know im very odd but with out us oddballs you normal ppl wouldnt be definedso you should thank me rather than insulting me just because im running down the street naked screaming I AM THE MUFFIN KING .....but i digress)

hehehe I hear you i dont like the cooking cutter jobs like war/mnk it gets old fast when theres about 30 of the same job combos ppl as you in the area i wander around as a thf/blm (which i do pretty good with much better then when I was a thf/war) sometimes, what bothers me is i get msgs from ppl calling me retarded I say embrace the odd job ppl there odd jobs are suited to there personality and if they stick with it they have far greater potential then others If they can make a horrible job paring work (ex whm/war) then arnt they more experienced then a nin/war who only know how to utsusemi and voke? (note about that whm/war thing i actualy partyed with one I didnt leave cause id rather leave because there a noob and dont know what there doing then leave cause there useing a job that works for them and Im too hardheaded to see he made a better tank then the war with his blink and never lost aggro go galka whm lol ) lol this got off topic now didnt it

Misfit
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Man, I'd hate to solo this game...

I hate having to solo to 10, it's so BORING! I like parties, or atleast leveling by myself with a friend with me or something... I like making people in my parties feel uncomfortable around me because I talk about weird stuff and it's FUN! ^___^

UltimateSpamGrover
12-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Or maybe I'm just caring too much lol

yes. yes, you are

Holy Circle
Shield Bash

draw hate (its not as good subas THF or NIN, but its unique :D)

Lionx
12-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Nah most ppl think you are retarded i bet Oo i mean what can /NIN do on a BLM? You cant cure and stuff, even /SMN i dont like cuz in bad times you cant cure for jack ; ; I died thanks to a /SMN BLM once during a bad party experience(PT wasnt bad just circumstance that happens).

WAR/MNK is a good tank, way better than WAR/PLD, RNGs and other DRKs and stuff cant voke off me cuz Voke+Boost combination will do alot of dmg, as well as Sturmwind with GAxe(which you cannot use if you use a PLD sub, since Shield Bash is needed and you lose TP if you switch weapons). Maybe you havent been with many good WAR/MNKs, but i can hold hate til i die once i do my second voke. Even my other WARs i pt with voke WITH me in order to keep up hate. Scary sometimes ><. Its not that uniqueness doesnt count, but i am here for 5 other ppl in my party for optimal exp, and i am sure most people(especially melee who wait for hours LFG) wont like you screwing around.

Most of the newbs dont have the cookie combinations too, i dont know how you can get invites at higher lvls =/ Because it becomes all the more apparent you need a Static or the right combinations as their skills evolve better at higher lvls. If you do have odd combos, they researched it well with a theory and usually have the appropiate gears to carry those things out. But of course it wont work with optimal exp especially after lvl 50 when its 10K tnl and only growing up more and more even 35K tnl.

NIN tanks are way harder to do, you give them too little credit. Juggling Ni and Ichi Utusus are way hard, Ni overwrites all other Utsu, but Ichi doesnt overwrite Ni, they have to count(and filter all chat) the shadows and dispel their own Ni shadows if they cannot use Ni again with timer on, and they use /recast alot. All enemy TP atks will throw a wrench in their timing, and they need to cast enfeebles to keep hate. Provoke is not always the end all be all, only at low lvls. Not to mention, is there going to be a skillchain at the beginning of the fight? If there is, hate might be displaced and be hard to get hate back since SC are very dmging after lvl 40. Is there a DRK or RNG? Better hope they hold back til the second voke and Ni shadows. What happens then -aga spells strip all shadows? They cant just cast when they want since Ninjutsu are interrupted easily. They have to take the hits like a man and wait the right moment to get shadows back up, and by then its possible they need to regain hate again.

You guys give NINs way too little credit, they are the hardest class in the game arguably and require the most skill and concentration. Thats so offensive to their jobs even if i dotn play it.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-16-2004, 01:41 AM
I give NINs credit, I just dont wanna be one...