PDA

View Full Version : FFI Class Question

Ragnarok
12-14-2004, 06:52 AM
Hello, I was just wondering a monk (or master) is more powerful with their fists or with weapons. When I equip them with a weapon, my stats say that my attack goes up, but in the manual it says that their best weapon is their fists. So which one is more effective? If it makes a differance, the FFI game I have is the one that comes in the Final Fantasy Origins package.

commodorejohn
12-14-2004, 07:31 AM
The deal is that with the Monk class, their attack and hit stats (as well as their defense and evade stats,) when they are unequipped or unarmored, are a function of their level. So the higher level you are, the more hits and greater damage a bare-fisted Monk will dish out. It takes a while, but if you manage to train a Monk through to the end of the game, he will dish out insane amounts of damage, equaling or surpassing a Fighter/Knight equipped with Excalibur. The Monk class isn't for everyone, but it does have its place on many different teams.

Black Mage FF1
12-15-2004, 12:00 AM
When you reach level 7 or 8 than you should unequip your Black Belts weapon and keep him like that for the rest of the game. You dont really need to level up that high in order to see his str. At level 12 and up he is almost as good as the Fighter and at level 17 - up he is as good as the Fighter. Get him to level 35 or higher and he will be the strongest character in the game, but getting that high is pointless.

Oh I forgot to mention. The BB # of hits is doubled when he is unequipped. So if he is doing 2 hits with his nunchucks than he will do 4 with his fists.