PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best class for my dancer to change to?

Seph Lonehart
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
I can't decide what to change her back to.. she has a level 8 wizard 8 priest 7 time mage ect ect..
I want a strong warrior from her with powerful phyiscal attacks or to make one but I can't decide what my goal should be (I want to keep her dance skill)

BudSoda02
12-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Just equip her with the lowest level job & put her dancing skills as secondary job. True Masters of this game always Master EVERY job/class, as I have.
Thanks BudSoda02

UltimaLimit
12-14-2004, 11:38 PM
True... but if you want power, try Geomancer, since they can equip armor. (Knights Battle Skill sucks most of the time, since it's simpler to just Attack, and I don't know if Dance and Jump cancel each other, so no Lancer.) Monk is strong physically, but if you go Monk, why bother dancing when you can punch them out? (Not to mention no equipping armor.)

EDIT: A Monk or a Lancer would look sort of silly dancing anyway, if you think about it. :p

dodhungry
12-15-2004, 01:04 AM
If you really really really want to. Try to make her a mime. Sounds like she has a good start on it already. If not a mime try the NINJA of DOOM!!!!

thornwithin
12-15-2004, 03:32 AM
My preference is for samurai. They have good attack power, can wear most armor, and the "draw out" skill is very versatile.

Despotus
12-15-2004, 05:31 AM
I would suggest either Monk or Samurai. So you could leave her toward the background dancing away; and only bring her into the fray if things got ugly. Monks and Samurai have pretty good healing/support skills for warriors, and they have a lot of H.P, and strong attacks with a lot of range, etc... :blahblah: Come to think of it, Chemist might not be a bad choice either: strong healing and they can equip some great guns later in the game. ;)

Seph Lonehart
12-15-2004, 05:15 PM
On a note I want to make her a strong fighter and dancer. the first part of battle nameless dance, which hunt, wiz, slow dance, and sometimes last dance.
Deeper into battle during the part when it gets a little more entertaining I want to send her into battle to beat the crap out of them (if she gets weak she can quickly retreat back to dance *using fly or teleport) until a healer has spare time to heal her instead of my primary fighting units.

to make it short it makes her effective the whole battle no matter what health she is at

(shes master chemist and squire)-

BudSoda02
12-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Well I guess you can go with the Chemist as secondary job. Just make sure to equip the abilities of use gun & throw item. That is if you have a gun... If you don't you could go with the squire I guess, but that's one of the crappiest jobs. Good Luck!!! :cool: ;) :) :D
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Seph Lonehart
12-16-2004, 08:01 PM
I have an ice gun so I guess i'll make her muh dancin chemist.. *drug slut*

UltimaLimit
12-17-2004, 01:27 AM
A few points:
~ Squire's actually a decent job, especially on Ramza.
~ Chemists don't need Equip Gun (they already can). They don't need Throw Item either (if you MAKE her a Chemist). You can't equip both of those abilities simuletaneously anyhow, unless again you actually MAKE her a Chemist (since the abilities are innate).
~ And she wouldn't be a drug slut unless she's packing something a little stronger than a Potion, if ya know what I mean. ;)

In short: if you go with Chemist, make her Chemist with Equip Armor, and consider using a glitch to master the job beforehand.

BudSoda02
12-21-2004, 05:00 PM
I meant to leave her as a Dancer & but some of chemist abilities (like, throw items & item) as secondary abilities.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com :rolleyes2

mike without a hat
12-22-2004, 08:45 PM
What I would do... I'd make her a Knight, make her learn the ability Equip Sword, change her into a Ninja and put on Equip Sword. Then you have a ninja who attacks with swords twice. It gives her a good amount of attack power.(Even though she might have low Hp.) It's a bit better than a Chemist don't you think?

UltimaLimit
12-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Ninjas already have swords (though not as powerful as Knight Swords). Since Excalibur and Save The Queen can only be equipped by Knights (even if you use Equip Sword), and generic swords aren't all that much better than ninja swords, I'd go with Equip Armor, or maybe Attack Up or Defense Up. Combine with Dragon Spirit (have someone else throw a stone at her early on to trigger the Reraise). That way you have powerful offensive, but you don't have to worry so much about low HP. You said you want to keep her in the back dancing but have her jump in the fray if necessary regardless of HP, so that should work well. She can distance attack with Throw and Dance, rush in with Two Swords to help a struggling ally, take punishment, and pop up again if she takes a little too much punishment.

:chop: x2

EDIT: Though I still say a Geomancer would also be effective.

BG-57
12-24-2004, 03:07 PM
I'd suggest going with Monk. Not only would she have high HP and a strong attack power, but she would have skills that combine long range attacks (Earth Slash) with healing abilities (Chakra and Revive). Plus you can use Equip Armor to improve her defensive ability.