PDA

View Full Version : What would you rate Final Fantasy Tactics & It's sidequests?

BudSoda02
12-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Me? I'd rate it 5 for story 3 for graphics & 4.5 for the battle system. I'd rate sidequests a 4, though they can be tediously long some of the battles are VERY fun, they help you be a master of EVERY job class, not to mention help you level up & get you some SWEET items/prizes. Well that's all I'll say for now. My overall rating 4.125/ 4 1/8.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com :) :) :)
(I'm rating on a 5 point scale)

UltimaLimit
12-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Just to clarify: I assume you're rating 1-5, with 5 the absolute best?

Despotus
12-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Must be 1-5...
In that case, the story is definitely 5 stars
graphics are not so good, with the exeption of Summons and Demon transformations: 3.5 stars
the battle system, game play a verrry nice 4.5 stars
and the sidequests are also a must see, 4.5 again
Guess I'd give it 4.375, but only because of circa 1997 graphics. If the sequel came out today, I bet it would be a symphony for all the senses.

BG-57
12-15-2004, 09:55 PM
FFT is the nearest thing to a perfect game I've played. It's fun, additive and involving, with great reply value. My favorite touch is the job system. It's the best elements of FFV to the Nth degree. My only minor complaint is the plot gets a little top-heavy at times. Plowing through the scriptures was a major undertaking. All in all, 4.9 out of 5.

guardbreak
12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Remember when you first got Tactics and you couldn't stop playing it? The replay value is simply phenomenom. Here I am, 7 years after the game was released, and I still sit down and write what kind of jobs or abilities my army should have. In an era of next gen systems, I always go back to Ramza and co. The game is desperate for a WORTHY sequel, one that stays true to original formula yet greatly improved (i.e. audio dialogue) 5/5 :ciddie:

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-16-2004, 11:43 PM
The game is desperate for a WORTHY sequel, one that stays true to original formula yet greatly improved (i.e. audio dialogue) 5/5

But leave the Engrish because that's freakin' hilarious :D

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Tactics was a great game with a nice change of pace from the usual RPG gameplay. Excellent story and characters, and you can't go wrong with the job system. Four stars ****

UltimaLimit
12-19-2004, 04:57 AM
COMBAT: 5/5 -- I loved the job system
STORY: 3/5 -- I found it confusing and hard to follow, though the ability to replay key scenes is nice.
SIDEQUESTS: 3/5 -- Propositions are OK, but lots of the sidequests and hidden characters (Deep Dungeon, Cloud) were hidden a little too well, as were some of the best items. *Kicks himself again for missing best spear*
OVERALL: 4/5 -- Nice change of pace from the other Final Fantasy games.

feioncastor
12-19-2004, 05:32 AM
The way I understand rating systems (which I don't very well), is something like this:

Graphics, Gameplay, Music/Sound, Story

Or something to that effect, so I will rate the game based on those catergories.

Graphics - 8.0/10 - They weren't state of the art, but they were certainly effective. They did the job, and left very little to be desired. My biggest problem with graphics was how the summons all looked like cardboard cut-outs of themselves.

Gameplay - 10.0/10 - Excellent. I loved it. I'm so good at the controls that I can do it remarkably quick, and most people are shocked. I'm sure you all can bust through the menus and the battle system pretty quick too.

Music/Sound - 10.0/10 - What a captivating soundtrack! These songs got stuck in my head, and now that I'm talking about them, they'll be stuck in my head all night. They always appropriately suited the situations that they accompanied.

Story - 10.0/0 - Oh my god. Seriously. This story was/is insane. It took me a couple of turns through the game to finally get it. Like whose side Delita is really on, and what the heck the Temple Knights are, and who they work for, and why the heck people followed St. Ajora, and whether or not Funeral knew that the zodiac braves were really bad guys.

Hehehe, I'm gonna go play FFT right now.

Feion

But leave the Engrish because that's freakin' hilarious :D
Agreed.

Feion

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button to add more. -Murder