PDA

View Full Version : Harle is Kid in disguise

Karsh
12-14-2004, 08:20 PM
I am convinced that somehow Kid and Harle are the same person... or at least a clone of each other. If there is anyone that disagrees with me, please explain why... besides being blind to the fact that they got the same facial features, and the fact that the fortune teller gave them nearly the same fortune.

Doomgaze
12-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Try playing the game. It makes it VERY clear who Harle is, and it is certainly not Kid.

They ARE linked, though. :)

dodhungry
12-15-2004, 12:51 AM
lol lol :D I think that is funny. It makes me laugh beacuse in some scenes you see Harle and Kid talking to each other. ie: the first time you visit Viper Manor

Doomgaze
12-15-2004, 01:43 AM
To be fair, that COULD be explained by Harle being Kid from Home :p

Not that that's the case.

The Man
12-15-2004, 01:49 AM
totally off-topic, I'd have to say Harle is probably the best character in the game.

But no, Harle may have been intentionally designed as a counterpart to Kid, but they're not counterparts in the way Another World Glenn is a counterpart to Home World Glenn; their identities are quite distinctly removed from one another. The rather confusing second disc explains their identities, but it doesn't make much more sense when you have the explanation than it did before.

TheAbominatrix
12-15-2004, 01:50 AM
There's numerous things in the game that prove that they arent the same, especially the truth about Kid's identity, and what went on at the orphanage in the past.

As for similiar facial features, most of the girls in that game have similiar facial features... most characters drawn like that do.

edited to clear that up

Doomgaze
12-15-2004, 03:05 AM
But no, Harle may have been intentionally designed as a counterpart to Kid, but they're not counterparts in the way Another World Glenn is a counterpart to Home World Glenn; their identities are quite distinctly removed from one another. .

Kid is to Harle as Elly is to Miang.

More or less.

The Man
12-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Since I still haven't played Xenogears (I know, I know), that analogy means nothing to me.

Karsh
12-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Perhaps that was a poor choice of words. Let me try again...

I believe that Harle is the Home World couterpart to Another World's Kid. And no, not all the girls in this game have the same facial features. Leena for instance look nothing like Razzly, who looks nothing like Janice, who looks nothing like, Luccia, who looks nothing like Miki, who looks nothing like Irenes... (sigh)

But Harle looks just like Kid, except that she's got all that clown makeup on, dresses differntly, and speaks with a French accent. Actually, I don't see any other differences. Even their attitudes are the same.

dodhungry
12-23-2004, 04:04 AM
oooops *(SPOILER)*----- don't forget Harle is part of the Dragons: Kid comes from the orphanage that Lynx and Harle destroy*(end SPOILER)*

Well I can see where they are counterparts but as for the same person....nah....

TheAbominatrix
12-23-2004, 04:15 AM
They have the same basic facial features. I could say Luccia looks like an older version of Kidd. I could make any amount of connections, because they all look very similar.

And, as dod said, Harle is one of the dragons, and Kidd is Schala. Kidd was very young when Harle (appearing just as she does in the rest of the game, because she doesnt seem to age) comes with Lynx to destroy the orphanage. In the SAME world, before any traveling between them

Play the whole game, and pay attention to the revelations about Harle and Kidd. They arent the same person.