PDA

View Full Version : Selphies father?

Karsh
12-14-2004, 08:42 PM
I suspect that Selphie is the daughter of the owner of the pub in Dollet. When you go to play him cards, you can look through the magazines and find some things he wrote; one of them concerning a daughter who was "spunky".

Turk
12-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Selphie has no father. She was a failed experiment of the Jenova Project.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-14-2004, 11:14 PM
LOL. :p

Seriously, though, I think Selphie's actual father was probably killed in the first soceress war, along with the parents of all the kids at Edea's orphanage (except for Squall, of course).

Halenite
12-14-2004, 11:48 PM
That's actually one of the better theories I've heard.

Auronhart
12-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Hmm, if I remember correctly, the Queen of Cards was meant to be the pub owner's daughter, I wouldn't exactly call her "spunky" though, so maybe he had more than one.

ill-fated-life
12-15-2004, 05:59 AM
not call Selphie 'spunky'??...what are you drinkin'?! by the way, can i have some too?

Selphie is like...pure adreniline on the loose in a girls body

TheAbominatrix
12-15-2004, 06:04 AM
not call Selphie 'spunky'??...what are you drinkin'?! by the way, can i have some too?

Selphie is like...pure adreniline on the loose in a girls body

Auronhart said the Queen of Cards couldnt be called spunky. It wasnt refering to Selphie.

ill-fated-life
12-15-2004, 06:29 AM
oops....my bad...i took it wrong...i thought he was talkin' about Selphie...and for that...-goes and sits in the corner with a dunce cap-

Anaisa
12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
No if Selphie had a father she wouldn't have been at the orphanage, unless she was adopted. So he could be her adopted father.

Shockwave Pulsar
12-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, squall had a father and he was there too.

Anaisa
12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah i suppose so.

Zante
12-15-2004, 05:02 PM
It's quite some time since my last replay of this game, but I think the magazine also says that the daughter drowned in the river (or died some other way)

Sephex
12-15-2004, 06:20 PM
http://www.geocities.com/crapity2001/selphvader.txt

Dixie
12-15-2004, 11:38 PM
http://www.geocities.com/crapity2001/selphvader.txt
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! That's sooo funny!:)

ljkkjlcm9
12-15-2004, 11:42 PM
No if Selphie had a father she wouldn't have been at the orphanage, unless she was adopted. So he could be her adopted father.

Uhm sorry selphie definitely had a father, otherwise she wouldn't exist, and for the guy who sad she was a failed jenova experiment, pay attention to which game fool. Just cause you're an orphan doesn't mean you didn't have parents, it just means they aren't around or can't take care of you or something.

Slade
12-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Heh maybe the game has secret hints to all of their parents :eek: . I mean, im pretty sure you only got one little thing about Squall and Laguna (The kiros part in the Ragnarok). Hmm next time i play i might go on a search for the characters parents :D

Dking'squeen
12-16-2004, 01:52 AM
I don't think Selph was adopted. Didn't she just go to the Garden like squa-squa, Seif and Quisty? I don't know, but i'm sure she wasn't a failed experimant or she might have ended up with spiky hair like Kloud's. I don't think that the pub guy is Selph's dad though. At a time, i thought that she was tha daughter of the headmaster, but that's not right. her dad must have been killed in the s.war

Anaisa
12-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Uhm sorry selphie definitely had a father, otherwise she wouldn't exist, and for the guy who sad she was a failed jenova experiment, pay attention to which game fool. Just cause you're an orphan doesn't mean you didn't have parents, it just means they aren't around or can't take care of you or something.
When i said if Selphie had a father, i meant if she had a father that was still breathing, obviously. And the person who said Selphie was a failed jenova project im pretty sure was joking.

Future Esthar
12-18-2004, 08:44 PM
How do you know Time compression didn´t happened already?After all the characters loosed memory.
How do you know, for example ,that Zell was not Selphie´s father?

ShivaBlizzard8
12-18-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't think Selph was adopted. Didn't she just go to the Garden like squa-squa, Seif and Quisty?

There's no guarentee that just because she went to Garden at a young age that she was never adopted. Quistis was adopted for a short time, she says at Trabia that, "things didn't work out in my new home," so she went to Garden when she was around 10 or so. Therefore Selphie could also have been adopted for a short period, but went to Garden afterwards.

However, Selphie claims that she forgot Irvine and the Orphanage because she "had so much fun at Garden I forgot all about Matron," which sounds more like she went straight there. That's what I choose to believe. Even if she was adopted for a short period by the innkeeper, why would he send her all the way to Trabia? Balamb and Galbadia Gardens are closer.

Future Esthar
12-18-2004, 11:20 PM
I actualy think Quistis adoption family were the ones in Timber living near the station.They don´t like their new home(the space is small),the grandfather was stubborn and one of the girls is very love sensitive (like Quistis).

Slade
12-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Heh maybe the game has secret hints to all of their parents :eek: . I mean, im pretty sure you only got one little thing about Squall and Laguna (The kiros part in the Ragnarok). Hmm next time i play i might go on a search for the characters parents :D

when i said this i didnt mean their adopted parents i meant hints of their biological parents. Like the Laguna hint in the Raganarok ol' Kiros says.

Itsunari 2000
12-20-2004, 07:21 PM
This is starting to get complicated...

finalheaven
12-20-2004, 08:08 PM
However, Selphie claims that she forgot Irvine and the Orphanage because she "had so much fun at Garden I forgot all about Matron," which sounds more like she went straight there. That's what I choose to believe. Even if she was adopted for a short period by the innkeeper, why would he send her all the way to Trabia? Balamb and Galbadia Gardens are closer.

i actualy thought most of them forgot some of their past because they used their G.F's and app selphie was using G.F's earlier then the others .

TheAbominatrix
12-20-2004, 10:58 PM
i actualy thought most of them forgot some of their past because they used their G.F's and app selphie was using G.F's earlier then the others .

Selphie didnt start using GFs until she transfered to Balamb Garden. So it doesnt have anything to do with forgetting the others when she got to Trabia.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Well, almost. Actually, Selphie killed a monster as a child and found a GF inside. She junctioned it for a while before getting rid of it. After that, she had no further experience until Balamb Garden.

bakabakabaka
12-21-2004, 12:17 AM
didnt she have cacataur????? i think i read it somewhere....

Future Esthar
12-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Slade,if you are looking for their father´s I am sure you will only find Squall´s, Rinoa´s,Zell´s and Selphie´s.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-21-2004, 07:15 PM
didnt she have cacataur????? i think i read it somewhere....
I think that was an interesting theory on the boards some time ago, but there's no real proof of what GF it was in the game.

Slade
12-26-2004, 05:00 AM
Theres no evidence saying that it cant be Griever that Selphie found. I mean, tghe second time i played and got up to the part where Selphie told about her first GF encounter, Griever was the first GF i thought of.....and i stand by that thought 99.9%

Kamrusepas
12-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Well, squall had a father and he was there too.

Yeah, but note: was Laguna aware of his son's existence?
And even if he was, he was in WinHill after the war and all, didn't he have amnesia?

TheAbominatrix
12-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Yes, Laguna was aware that he had a son, and knew Squall was it.
No, he did not have amnesia, and Squall's birth came after that anyway. He was wounded rather severely when he came to Winhill, where he met Raine, eventually married her, and she gave birth to Squall when Laguna was away trying to save Ellone.

Kamrusepas
12-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Hm.
Well, maybe he's just a tad irrisponsible then...?

ShivaBlizzard8
12-28-2004, 05:04 PM
LOL - you could say that.
When the war was over, Laguna intended to return to Raine, but the Estharians were in a state of civil disorder and looked to him for leadership. He felt that he couldn't just walk away (to use a really bad example, its kinda like Iraq - just because a tyrant is removed from power doesn't mean everything turns all hunky dory, and again, that's a really bad example since that situation is much more complicated, I'm not getting into it, etc.)
So Laguna sent Ellone home to Winhill with the intention to follow when things got wrapped up. He didn't realize that Raine had died giving birth to Squall (its possible at that point he didn't even realize Raine was pregnant, we don't know). With Raine gone, the Winhill villagers sent Ellone to the same orphanage they had sent Raine's baby - Edea's, and we kow the rest.

All this information got to Laguna at some point in the 17 years between Squall's birth and his meeting Laguna in Esthar, probably through Ward and Kiros. Laguna obviously felt bad about screwing up and kept dips on what his son was up to. It's apparent from the game he wanted to tell Squall the truth about his parternage, but felt that the whole "we need to save the world right now" thing made the timing inappropriate. We can only assume Laguna told Squall at some point after the game, unless he wimped out, which is also exceedingly possible. ;)

rubah
12-28-2004, 08:12 PM
we know that laguna knows who his son is, for sure.

Go talk to him when he's on the ragnarok and you've discussed all the plans already: "Squall I've got something to tell you when this is all over, you might not want to hear it though, but that's okay, I understand."